10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I don't even care about the Bills, but holy hell please don't let Donald Trump end up with them.
    I vaguely recall that the other owners kpt Trump from buying in on a franchise before, cause they didn't want him. Not sure if that is accurate or not. Might have been about someone else, or not about football, not sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    I vaguely recall that the other owners kpt Trump from buying in on a franchise before, cause they didn't want him. Not sure if that is accurate or not. Might have been about someone else, or not about football, not sure.
    Yeah, there are some that are buddy buddy with Trump. But collectively, most of them do not like Trump. It's probably because Trump has burned a lot of bridges in the business world. That and he has already run a company into the ground financially.

10+ Year Old Account
    "A" company? Hasn't he declared bankruptcy many times now? THough I'm pretty sure he does it as like a tax break lol.

I wouldn't care if he was an owner. Maybe people would stop talking about Jerry Jones every five minutes when they talk about owners and have someone else to rabble about!

I wish Mark cuban would get a team! In the NBA/MLB AND nfl!
    You're a towel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Isn't the offseason being a high time for trouble supposed to end when you stop playing?

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    For some reason the Ravens activated McClain from reserve/retired. I don't know if its a prelude to his release or if they're actually stupid/crazy enough to bring him back.
    LMFAO and he just Re-retired again today. I can't imagine the facepalming going on in the Ravens front office.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    BTW here is the website for guessing the Ram's schedule, if you guess it all right you get 100,000$! (pretty hard odds but why not try :P)

http://www.stlouisrams.com/schedule/...our-games.html

I had fun doing it, didn't put to much thought in. I had the vikings as there first game because I like the Vikings :P
    As far as I can tell, the only things you can screw up that the website won't catch for you is the fact that week 17 must be a division game, and that their Thursday game must be on the road (and obviously there can only be one Thursday game so don't pick it twice!), conversely you have to pick a road opponent for that game that is getting a home Thursday nighter. i.e. you can't just pick @TampaBay for their Thursday game because Tampa's Thursday game has to be on the road this year as well. I'm sure a lot of people won't catch this and will submit impossible schedules. For fairness sake, every team's Thursday nighter is alternated home/away each year. It doesn't seem likely that they will get a Monday night game but who knows, a lot of the Monday games the last few years have been shit.

Edit: And just as I go through all that effort making sure I don't mess anything up, the forum is closed from futher submissions
    Last edited by Stommped; 2014-04-21 at 10:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    LMFAO and he just Re-retired again today. I can't imagine the facepalming going on in the Ravens front office.
    Starting to feel like Ozzie Newsome is losing his touch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, Seattle traded Oakland for Terrell Pryor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well they spent a 3rd rounder on him, got one solid season out of him, and probably are getting next to nothing from Seattle since everyone knew he was on the cusp of being released. Still went better than most Raider picks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah they got a 7th rounder.

I dunno how to feel, lots of people are hyped on twitter and would like him to be a HB/TE role. Hes pretty fast, and I guess him and Percy on the same side of the ball would be cool. I just don't want to pull some wildcat shit swapping around QBs or something.

Deleted
    Who is the current backup QB in Seattle anyway?... For me the trade makes good sense, 7th round players are usually just pratice squad material.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yilar View Post
    Who is the current backup QB in Seattle anyway?... For me the trade makes good sense, 7th round players are usually just pratice squad material.
    Tjack and BJ Daniels

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Yeah they got a 7th rounder.

I dunno how to feel, lots of people are hyped on twitter and would like him to be a HB/TE role. Hes pretty fast, and I guess him and Percy on the same side of the ball would be cool. I just don't want to pull some wildcat shit swapping around QBs or something.
    Well, considering it is as little risk as you can possibly get. You might as well be giving up Mr. Irrelevant this year for him.
    Last edited by Drikkink; 2014-04-23 at 05:04 AM.

I dont get what the big deal is with Pat Tillman. I say this cause now there is an article asking for him to be put in the HoF, WTF? This guy was an average football player at best and thats it. His big thing is he turned down money to join the army after sept 11 and he was then killed by fellow Americans. I dont get why thats a huge deal. There a people that have died for their country doing a lot more than he ever did that nobody gives this many accolades to, there are people that have turned down more money than he has to pursue other goals that nobody cares about.

You wanna admire the guy for joinin the military go ahead, but HoF? Please

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    I dont get what the big deal is with Pat Tillman. I say this cause now there is an article asking for him to be put in the HoF, WTF? This guy was an average football player at best and thats it. His big thing is he turned down money to join the army after sept 11 and he was then killed by fellow Americans. I dont get why thats a huge deal. There a people that have died for their country doing a lot more than he ever did that nobody gives this many accolades to, there are people that have turned down more money than he has to pursue other goals that nobody cares about.

You wanna admire the guy for joinin the military go ahead, but HoF? Please
    I have to agree, but a large portion of the NFL viewers are miltary personel and the NFL does a lot to cater for these people.

PR move. One of the most surefire ways to get a lot of support across the country is to put a soldier up on a pedestal (which hilarious enough is one of the last things they actually want).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    Well, considering it is as little risk as you can possibly get. You might as well be giving up Mr. Irrelevant this year for him.
    The dumbest part of all of this is if they retain him, he's getting paid $100k more this year than Wilson. The guy worth the Mr. Irrelevant pick getting paid more than the SB winning QB.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    The dumbest part of all of this is if they retain him, he's getting paid $100k more this year than Wilson. The guy worth the Mr. Irrelevant pick getting paid more than the SB winning QB.
    Russel Wilson will get slightly more money from sponsering I'm sure. Plus he'll be getting a rich contract extension when the Seahawks can give him one. Given the trouble with how the rookies were getting paid before this CBA I'm fine with the exceptional player playing on a cheap contract not being able to get a better deal for the first few years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Russel Wilson will get metric fuckton more money from sponsering I'm sure.
    Fixed. Hes got so many local endorsements here.

Speaking of Russell Wilson, hes filed a divorce with his wife. Strange....

Marcus Trufant will sign with the team so he can retire a Seahawk.
    Last edited by Vetali; 2014-04-23 at 09:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Fixed. Hes got so many local endorsements here.
    Well, yes. I thought italicizing slightly would be enough to indicate that he's probably making a vast amount more then Pryor, regardless of his actual salary being 100k less. But sarcasm doesn't translate on the internet etc. etc.

How are we feeling about the schedule coming out later? Any games you absolutely want to see late or early in the season, or would absolutely hate being a thursday game? (here's a list of team's home/away games this year)

I'm absolutely praying Patriots don't get Chargers or Raiders on Thursday or Monday. I would also like it if we get Patriots-Packers somewhere late in the season. Would love to see them clash in freezing temperatures at Lambeau Field when both teams are getting ready to face the post season.