10+ Year Old Account
    Niether of them have had that much of an offensive line, but Tomlinson in my opinion isn't quite the same as Peterson, I would take All Day over LT, because despite the fact that he is the only person on his team worth a damn on offense, some teams still cannot prevent him fro getting 100+ yards on them. LT at least something resembling a supporting cast most of the time in SD with Gates / Jackson, even if Norv Turner is a joke.
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

10+ Year Old Account
    And now Norv Turner is the offensive coordinator for Peterson! Yaaay!

Might be biased but I would take AP any day.
    You're a towel.

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    I think if I was gun to head, I would take Peterson, but it wouldn't be without internal conflict.

But anyways, reading the news, and I see a headline:
    Mariota's class schedule: Yoga/Golf. I was like hell... they are not even pretending to be stundent atheletes, then I read the article which then explained he front loaded all his courses previously, and is kind of on cruise control.

The click bait headline got me.
    Being in KY, the Ballard (Colts) injury grabbed the headlines. Everyone is saying they hope and pray that Richardson steps up, and I'm sitting here wondering what exactly everyone was expecting out of Ballard, in the first place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Thank you for mansplaining how opinions work.
    Also you're wrong, the people who agree with you are wrong, and you're probably ugly.
    Ever been so angry at everyone on the internet you tell a woman she is mansplaining?

10+ Year Old Account
    Kendall Hunter, the primary backup of previous seasons for the Niners tore his ACL yesterday. Goddamnit, I liked Hunter, yet if a position had to have an injury, I am glad it was RB, the depth SF has there is just ridiculous. It was Hunter's contract year, and his second season that he will have to sit out. I wonder if he may be out of the league shortly due to unfortunate circumstances with these injuries.
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbyjawz View Post
    Kendall Hunter, the primary backup of previous seasons for the Niners tore his ACL yesterday. Goddamnit, I liked Hunter, yet if a position had to have an injury, I am glad it was RB, the depth SF has there is just ridiculous. It was Hunter's contract year, and his second season that he will have to sit out. I wonder if he may be out of the league shortly due to unfortunate circumstances with these injuries.
    I hate to say his misfortune is another man's good fortune. It is really inconsiderate I know.
    But I wonder how many of those carries, Marcus Lattimore will eat up now.
    Also you're wrong, the people who agree with you are wrong, and you're probably ugly.
    Ever been so angry at everyone on the internet you tell a woman she is mansplaining?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think Lattimore is ready this season. His injury was pretty awful, if not career ending.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    I don't think Lattimore is ready this season. His injury was pretty awful, if not career ending.
    Yeah a quick Google search showed me this:

http://www.ninersnation.com/2014/7/2...-from-nfi-list

Which says itself that he isn't shown making NFL required cuts, but I was thinking I had read last year that he was expected to be ready by this season. Just hadn't looked up much on him recently.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by theostrichsays View Post
    Yeah a quick Google search showed me this:

http://www.ninersnation.com/2014/7/2...-from-nfi-list

Which says itself that he isn't shown making NFL required cuts, but I was thinking I had read last year that he was expected to be ready by this season. Just hadn't looked up much on him recently.
    Nah, I didn't think he'd be ready by this season. Maaybe 1/2 way though. But all in all Gore is still pretty solid. Not like the 49ers are in an urgent position yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only injury Patriots' side is a minor WR with a leg injury on a non-contact drill. So far so good. :S

Gronk seems to be developing pretty quickly from not doing any team drills to half speed 11-11 drills. Also so far so good.

It's been pretty fun seeing the tweets come in as they are practicing about fun or interesting stuff that's happening.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Only injury Patriots' side is a minor WR with a leg injury on a non-contact drill. So far so good. :S

Gronk seems to be developing pretty quickly from not doing any team drills to half speed 11-11 drills. Also so far so good.

It's been pretty fun seeing the tweets come in as they are practicing about fun or interesting stuff that's happening.
    Just know, that somewhere there is a disgruntled Bills fan sitting on a grassy knoll, eyeballing Tom Brady's knees:

http://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2014...-champions-nfl

But I agree it is nice to not be reading about injuries. I'm a Bengals fan, and reading about Burfict "leveling" Eifert, made that pit in my stomach that I'm going to be reading about a injury to someone soon. Andrew Whitworth, apparently hurt his calf the other day, but it is nothing long lasting.
    But I take the Dalton is looking good reports, with a grain of salt still.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Johnathan Stewart must have some really bad photos of someone in a bad position(s).

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...-to-four-weeks

This guy stays hurt.
    You cared enough to post.

Apparently Kiko Alonso suffered torn ACL while training. Sorry Bills fans. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...rs-knee-injury
    Yeah this one pissed me off. Although, if the Bills stand any chance of being in the wildcard hunt, it depends on EJ staying healthy and improving.

10+ Year Old Account
    Packers re-signed Jordy Nelson the other day. Pretty happy about that

10+ Year Old Account
    In the immortal words of Queen (though not the exact meaning of the song):

Are you ready, hey, are you ready for this?
    Are you hanging on the edge of your seat?
    Out of the doorway the bullets rip
    To the sound of the beat

Another one bites the dust
    Another one bites the dust
    And another one gone, and another one gone
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...and-and-return

It is only a month though guys.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by theostrichsays View Post
    Just know, that somewhere there is a disgruntled Bills fan sitting on a grassy knoll, eyeballing Tom Brady's knees:

http://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2014...-champions-nfl
    *checks Bernard Pollard is still in Tennessee*

*checks Patriots don't play the Titans*

Hmm, I think we're good.
    But I agree it is nice to not be reading about injuries. I'm a Bengals fan, and reading about Burfict "leveling" Eifert, made that pit in my stomach that I'm going to be reading about a injury to someone soon. Andrew Whitworth, apparently hurt his calf the other day, but it is nothing long lasting.
    But I take the Dalton is looking good reports, with a grain of salt still.
    Ah, you should stick around. We could do with some more AFC North input in the thread. I take it you are not 100% sold on Dalton? I think he may turn into Romo light. Like, he'll not be that bad statistically, but he'll have games where the whole world just laughs at him.

Quote Originally Posted by dwightyo39 View Post
    Yeah this one pissed me off. Although, if the Bills stand any chance of being in the wildcard hunt, it depends on EJ staying healthy and improving.
    Yeah, I was kinda more worried about the Bills then anyone else in our Division before that happened, but right now I'm probably back to banking on the Jets to make life diffcult for the Patriots.

10+ Year Old Account
    *checks Bernard Pollard is still in Tennessee*
    *checks Patriots don't play the Titans*
    Hmm, I think we're good.
    Ah, you should stick around. We could do with some more AFC North input in the thread. I take it you are not 100% sold on Dalton? I think he may turn into Romo light. Like, he'll not be that bad statistically, but he'll have games where the whole world just laughs at him.
    I do believe he can be a good Quarterback, I mean yeah the kid has had some bad games and all but, he is not bad by any means. I would take him over a lot of other starting Quarterbacks but I don't think he will ever be a top-tier Quarterback, and I'm afraid we will Flacco in our pants, come contract time.

- - - Updated - - -

I think the best person I can compare Dalton to off hand, is John Kitna... Maybe Kyle Orton.

Both those guys, had years they put up good numbers, both played well enough for the most part, and both were guys who for a while made people wonder if they could do something more.
    He has had nice regular season stats, but played on good teams. Gresham, A.J. Green, Eifert, Jones, and Sanu is not a scrub set of receivers by any stretch, plus a do enough running game, and a respectable line, and good defense would lend itself to a successful Quarterback.

No matter what else though... No matter what else...
    I can always be thankful, that Chad Johnson is gone. All these years later, I don't have to listen to him be happy to have such a bad team all those years.. suck with your head down in shame (I think it was 2002 or 2003 off hand that he had like 1200 yards and was blabbing about it, while the team had a 2-14 record. Sometimes every Bengals fan just wanted him to shut up.)

15+ Year Old Account
    What pre games are you guys wanting to watch? I am thinking 49ers vs ravens willbe a good game, and of course seahawks vs Denver will be a good one.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Tampa @ Jacksonville
    Oakland @ Minnesota

Mainly because I figure we will see a lot more first team players and guys really out there to play ball, rather then watching a couple 1st team drives, and guys get held out due to injury fears.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depending on what I have going on at the time I might try to catch at least the opening quarter of HoF Game to see what the Bills look like.

Actual first week:

Thursday I'll try to be on and watch Jets a bit before I watch Patriots, and then keep whatever is on after that on second screen while doing other stuff.

Friday I'll try to watch some Dolphins (division + week 1 opponent) and maybe some more Bills depending on how they looked before. Possibly some Vikings, since we play them week 2.

Saturday I'll probably put it on my second screen if I don't forget to tune in. There's not really any games on Saturday I'd want to see, maybe Packers but that's about it.

Then again there's not really anything I have going on on Saturdays at the moment, so might just watch out of boredom.

Oddly enough I do not hate the Patriots (Bills fan), just Tom Brady. I reserve my hate for the jets and dolphins.