10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by braeldiil View Post
    Well, the NFL head of officiating has said that no penalty should have been called, so both player and coach were wrong. The slide was fine, and the ref blew it.

To be fair, I don't think the ref was trying to get the muslim - I think he just didn't immediately realize it was prayer. A little cultural awareness training will correct that.

Shouldn't even need cultural awareness training, what should be changed is the ridiculous celebration penalty rules (Imo) :P
    You're a towel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    Shouldn't even need cultural awareness training, what should be changed is the ridiculous celebration penalty rules (Imo) :P
    I don't care if you go out there and have a ten-minute tea party. --Daniel Tosh

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the NFL said that by rule it was a penalty but it shouldn't have been called because it upset people. That's what I heard anyway.

10+ Year Old Account

Please make this a reality.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, kind of a smart take out of that scene, the injured player..foreshadowing todays concussion issue? probably not, but still.

Also, screw Joe Buck this was funny as hell.

You're a towel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Cowboys movin up in the world. You know, because it's early season. Don't expect them to hang around.
    I so want to believe my Cowboys are for real but I'm gonna keep expecting the worst till proven otherwise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Elbren (Paladin) - Priam (Warlock) - Pompeymagnus (Hunter) - Rahab (Shaman) - Ithillian (Druid) - Licinius (Mage) - Romulus (Warrior)

15+ Year Old Account
    So the Cowboys actually starts to do good and Ebola breaks out there, I think it is trying to tell us something. Has Dallas used its secret magical powers to make the Cowboys win and they lost control of there powers? I mean that is the only the the Saints could have lost to them.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckeyenut88 View Post
    I so want to believe my Cowboys are for real but I'm gonna keep expecting the worst till proven otherwise.
    Orlando Scandrick, Rolando McClain, Bruce Carter, and Morris Claiborne will all have season-ending injuries by the end of it.
    "The league argued this was a way to protect the ticket buyer, for whom it wouldn’t be fair if a fan back home that didn’t pay for the right to watch the game got to see it for free on TV. They claimed this was in the "public interest.""

At...umm...at what point did this make any sense to any human being EVER?
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    So the Cowboys actually starts to do good and Ebola breaks out there, I think it is trying to tell us something. Has Dallas used its secret magical powers to make the Cowboys win and they lost control of there powers? I mean that is the only the the Saints could have lost to them.
    One untested case != breakout.

10+ Year Old Account
    It made sense because its exactly the soulless devilry expected from the NFL.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd be excited to go to a live event that wasn't sold out. Then I would find a seat with nobody in front so assholes wouldn't block my view the whole time.

10+ Year Old Account
    "The league argued this was a way to protect the ticket buyer, for whom it wouldn’t be fair if a fan back home that didn’t pay for the right to watch the game got to see it for free on TV. They claimed this was in the "public interest.""

At...umm...at what point did this make any sense to any human being EVER?
    You have to remember the time period. Sports were not the 24/7 news events that they are today.

Even as recently as the 80's. I remember growing up, the Orioles weren't on much, but then we got the HTS channel (Home Team Sports). That was a big deal at the time. If I remember correctly, they only showed about 80-something games ... and it was a pay channel. Now, you can pretty much get any game, from any sport at any time; college or pro's.
    Elbren (Paladin) - Priam (Warlock) - Pompeymagnus (Hunter) - Rahab (Shaman) - Ithillian (Druid) - Licinius (Mage) - Romulus (Warrior)

10+ Year Old Account
    Orlando Scandrick, Rolando McClain, Bruce Carter, and Morris Claiborne will all have season-ending injuries by the end of it.
    Hah, well Claiborne is already done. So I wouldn't be shocked if injuries ruin the season.

15+ Year Old Account
    Are they really going to leave Pats-Bengals as the sunday night game? WTB flex. Lots of other good choices.

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I think the NFL said that by rule it was a penalty but it shouldn't have been called because it upset people. That's what I heard anyway.
    NFL said it wasn't a penalty. The rule specifically states that it doesn't penalize religious expression.

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Way back in 2008 Mike Pereira(then Vice President of Officiating) clarified that the rule has an exemption for religious celebrations.

Which brings me to a question for everyone. Why did you end up being a fan of the team you are now? I know for some people it's geography. You live in Atlanta, good chance you're a Falcons fan. But some people live out of the U.S., and some people like don't live close enough to a pro team. Even though Nashville is relatively close, the Titans weren't around when I started watching football.

In any case, for me, I don't really remember. I do remember being a fan of Emmitt Smith and the number 22 in general, and I know that my favorite colors are blue and grey. But I don't remember if one affected the other, or if it's all completely unrelated.
    Grew up in Buffalo. Hit puberty right around the 4 Super Bowls in the early 90s. It was a heady time, and it made me a die hard Bills fan. Like, irrationally so. Every year, I keep thinking they're going to be good, and am unreasonably disappointed when they aren't.

Also, if you have ever listened to Bills sports radio....wow. Don't. These guys were crucifying EJ when we were 2-0, and now I think they'd beat him up on the street if they saw him. I think there's some latent racism there still, he is our first ever black QB, we're a blue collar town, and he has skill on paper, but people somehow think that people like Ryan Fitzpatrick, J.P. Losman, and now Kyle Orton are better QBs. The guy is in his SECOND year and being flayed for still making mistakes. I think he has the skillset, he just needs to mature....like every QB. Being an acceptable QB in Buffalo right now is an impossible task.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    The Tony Sparano era has begun. Given what he did with the Dolphins I wouldn't expect more then maybe salvaging some pride with a win or 2 as a Raiders fan. Thing I most remember about Sparano is bringing the Wildcat to the NFL. Not sure I'm ready to forgive him for that abomination.
    Not really sure we can call interim periods as an era, considering they'll be looking to bring in a new HC* at the end of the season, but he's the best man to take us to the #1 pick.

*Please Gruden Please Gruden Please Gruden Please Gruden Please Gruden Please Gruden Please Gruden Please Gruden Please Gruden Please Gruden Please Gruden Please Gruden Please Gruden Please Gruden Please Gruden Please Gruden Please Gruden Please Gruden Please Gruden
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

15+ Year Old Account
    Gruden has basically said he'll only come back for a good team with lots of talent.
    Last edited by ProphetFlume; 2014-10-01 at 01:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    But the NFL claims they are not changing anything and want to keep local blackouts if games don't get sold out? Scumbag NFL
    You're a towel.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Grew up in Buffalo. Hit puberty right around the 4 Super Bowls in the early 90s. It was a heady time, and it made me a die hard Bills fan. Like, irrationally so. Every year, I keep thinking they're going to be good, and am unreasonably disappointed when they aren't.

Also, if you have ever listened to Bills sports radio....wow. Don't. These guys were crucifying EJ when we were 2-0, and now I think they'd beat him up on the street if they saw him. I think there's some latent racism there still, he is our first ever black QB, we're a blue collar town, and he has skill on paper, but people somehow think that people like Ryan Fitzpatrick, J.P. Losman, and now Kyle Orton are better QBs. The guy is in his SECOND year and being flayed for still making mistakes. I think he has the skillset, he just needs to mature....like every QB. Being an acceptable QB in Buffalo right now is an impossible task.
    I don't think its racism, I think its an understanding that the Bills have a real chance to win the division this year with a league average quarterback. The defense is good, the special teams is good, there are a ton of weapons on the offense and the AFC East looks pretty bad this year. Put a league average quarterback in there and the Bills could win the division but with a mid to high 20s level quarterback like EJ its a lot harder.
    Fierydemise-ShaowCraft Engine Guy
    Rogue Chat-Blogging about Rogue PvE and Theorycrafting (Twitter)
    Rogue IRC: #Ravenholdt on Quakenet