Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Blizzard plz use Scenarios or "Lorewalkers" faction to tell the lore

I mean, Blizzard usually have to release novels and books to explain the lore of the game, I have nothing against Warcraft books (I like to read novels, but not based in videogames) but I think that most lore events have to be shown in-game.

I know that it is hard to do that in a MMORPG , but they have decent tools to do that

I am talking about scenaries (specially the ones that you do one time and single mode like in the island of thunder) and a lorewalker faction (it is an example, it can be different depending in the expansion and the location where the game takes place)

For example, most of the events of the destruction of theramore were told in the book, but at least we have the theramore scenario, without that, people that dont know about the novels would have log on one day and find a giant crater without a real explanation. At least (people that were 85 at the end of cata) we took part of that event in someway.

I mean, sure, scenarios and lorewalkers faction is not going to provide a deep experience like reading a novel, but at least it will help make the lore and the history more inmmersive during the gameplay.

Blizzard, lets do an scenario previously to the release of WOD were we widness how Garrosh escapes from Pandarara back in time,

They can make the Trial then , we take the form of a panda guard that hear a sound and go to investigate, only to find that Garrosh escaped from his cell, and we try to hunt him down, but while doing that , we face many enemies, probably other prisioners or kairozz minions.

At the end we fail to capture him down and he escaped using a portal to the past.

What do you think=?

(plz fix my grammar, English is not my native language)

10+ Year Old Account
    with the addition of ingame cinematics and introduction of soloable scenario's blizzard finally has the tools to be able to tell profound movie like stories inside world of warcraft.

I hope that they take the steps forward to crafting some truly epic in game events that drive the story forward. Everyone remembers scenarios like wrathgate because they were epic, now they have the ability to do these types of events and let it be immersive while also allowing us to drive the story.

i agree with your sentiments entirely!
    Hi

Yes, wrathgate was great, we need more like that

I would prefer Lorewalker Cho telling me the lore instead of Scenarios.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    I would prefer Lorewalker Cho telling me the lore instead of Scenarios.
    That's boring. How much fun is it to stand in place and listen? It's far more enjoyable to experience the lore as it occurs by participating in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    That's boring. How much fun is it to stand in place and listen? It's far more enjoyable to experience the lore as it occurs by participating in it.
    Well...Some people like "action" but I found that kind of story telling better compared to solo or group scenarios. I actually hate scenarios.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2014-03-11 at 07:47 PM.

So... now that a lot of people have played the BETA, is there any "lorewalkers" faction in WOW?

Well...Some people like "action" but I found that kind of story telling better compared to solo or group scenarios. I actually hate scenarios.
    Cho's story times were definietly better than group scenarios. But I think it should be a mixture of solo scenarios and story telling. Solo scenarios allows you to run it on your own pace and take in the lore without those people "omg hurry, gold, valor!". I also liked the visions appearing in front of you as Cho told the story. It was nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    You obviously haven't had 10 Lorewalker Chos walking around trying to explain the mogu, Jinyu and Hozen amongst other things at the same time. It is a fantastic sight to behold.

A mix of stuff is good, but it has to be in-game stuff.

Sequestering events which are currently happening into books is the dumbest thing
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

I don't like groups scenarios, I'd rather see solo scenarios like these with Throne of Thunder patch or "long" quests like Wrathgate.

They said already that in WoD we'll have much more quests like these and I'm looking forward to it.

But only for things that actually had great impact on the lore, not something like "blowing gate under Orgrimmar with group of Goblins" or "helping the brew village".

Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    You obviously haven't had 10 Lorewalker Chos walking around trying to explain the mogu, Jinyu and Hozen amongst other things at the same time. It is a fantastic sight to behold.
    Scroll bug in Seat of Knowledge?

Please no, I'm sick of that condescending faction and all their ignorance of the world outside their kum-ba-ya bubble and Saturday morning children cartoon tone of voice and lame, lame jokes.

Deleted
    I really liked Cho's storytelling, I would like to see something like this in the future to explain lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Lincoln Lawyer View Post
    Please no, I'm sick of that condescending faction and all their ignorance of the world outside their kum-ba-ya bubble and Saturday morning children cartoon tone of voice and lame, lame jokes.
    It doesn't have to be the Lorewalkers, in fact, they don't fit in on Dreanor imo. Brann could be the story teller. And if they want different ones for horde and alliance then Belloc Brightblade could be for Horde.

Solo scenarios are best IMO

No offence but if you prefer the lore to be read to you rather than experience it then maybe you should read some books or buy the audiobook rather than playing a game!

Expositional characters like Cho are good in small doses, but quickly become repetitive and boring

Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    Solo scenarios are best IMO

No offence but if you prefer the lore to be read to you rather than experience it then maybe you should read some books or buy the audiobook rather than playing a game!

Expositional characters like Cho are good in small doses, but quickly become repetitive and boring
    If anything Cho's story telling are more like a movie. Not a book.
    And some people prefer movies over books, quite alot of people actually.

Since everything in the game are based around action, it wouldn't hurt to have someone tell you some lore. But I personally believe it should be solo scenarios and story telling together.

nothing can beat an old fashioned book.. although solo scenario's will also do

Quote Originally Posted by Serratth View Post
    It doesn't have to be the Lorewalkers, in fact, they don't fit in on Dreanor imo. Brann could be the story teller. And if they want different ones for horde and alliance then Belloc Brightblade could be for Horde.
    Weren't there 2 factions doing similar things in Deepholme? One for Horde, one for Alliance? Maybe they could reuse those guys.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Serratth View Post
    Scroll bug in Seat of Knowledge?
    You betcha. Though it only seems to work when handing in all the Lore Objects quests whilst running in and out of the seat of knowledge.