7+ Year Old Account
    Man, this totally screams Protoss to me. Ships at the bottom even look just like Tempest:

Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Broke my MCU/Disney+ vacation for Werewolf By Night. Might have to break it again for this.

Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

"We got this Covered" is, at least on the comic book movie side of things, one of the worst offenders of clickbait "journalism"
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

10+ Year Old Account
    They just stole my heart with Kevin Bacon as himself!

Props to my friends behind this ad campaign, it was prophetic.
    Government Affiliated Snark

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayirasi View Post
    Broke my MCU/Disney+ vacation for Werewolf By Night. Might have to break it again for this.

that looks like it's going to be extremely fun!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Man, this totally screams Protoss to me. Ships at the bottom even look just like Tempest:

so in the trailer Janet mentions a secret universe... could Kang be using that universe to amass his army to conquer the rest of the universes? looks bigger than what Thanos had

Quote Originally Posted by Ayirasi View Post

Marvel is at its best when it's just unapologetically fun. This looks great.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post

so in the trailer Janet mentions a secret universe... could Kang be using that universe to amass his army to conquer the rest of the universes? looks bigger than what Thanos had
    Yeah, Thanos never intended to conquer even one universe...much less a multiverse. Before getting the Gauntlet...he was basically just going from planet to planet reducing the populations by 50%. He wasn't ever going to make any real universal progress that way and he knew it.

Even He who Remains (which is the "best" incarnation of Kang) was content with only ruling a single universe and even allowed it to retain most of it's autonomy...just so long as that universe never branched off and always resulted in his ascendancy.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ant-man death was also speculated here:

I think the broken helmet is bait. Even in the trailer you see Scott running alongside a giant version of Ant Man that begins to shread and fall apart, leading to its helmet falling down.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Even He who Remains (which is the "best" incarnation of Kang)
    Would argue that Iron Lad is the best incarnation of Richards. He Who Remains was merely the victor of the original multiversal war.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post

Would argue that Iron Lad is the best incarnation of Richards. He Who Remains was merely the victor of the original multiversal war.
    I should have been more clear. I meant he's the best as far as the MCU's versions of Kang go. And I only say he's the "best" because he's, at least according to himself, less megalomanical than the others. He doesn't even need to be recognized as "The Conqueror"... he's happy to be the power behind the scenes and he's at least convinced himself that anyone else would be worse.

For comics...yeah, Iron Lad is the best... but, then again, he's only the best because he's still young and idealistic when he meets his future self.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    For comics...yeah, Iron Lad is the best... but, then again, he's only the best because he's still young and idealistic when he meets his future self.
    I wouldn't be surprised if Iron Lad doesn't come into the MCU to lead the Young Avengers at some point, that was one of the interesting aspects of the theory video someone linked above. Iron Lad and Stature/Stinger in the comics have a romantic interest, imagine that but Kang also had killed Scott at some point, which I still think will happen in Kang Dynasty as Scott will likely be the one taking point on the Avengers citing his experience with Kang in Quantumania. His death and the Avengers failure will lead to the YA takeover in Secret Wars.

Plus introducing Iron Lad is a great way to "end" the multiversal war in Secret Wars.

I could dive further into this as I have so many theories about KD/SW and how it won't necessarily be the end of the KtC/Doom/possibly Beyonder saga but actually the start of it blowing wide open.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if Iron Lad doesn't come into the MCU to lead the Young Avengers at some point, that was one of the interesting aspects of the theory video someone linked above. Iron Lad and Stature/Stinger in the comics have a romantic interest, imagine that but Kang also had killed Scott at some point, which I still think will happen in Kang Dynasty as Scott will likely be the one taking point on the Avengers citing his experience with Kang in Quantumania. His death and the Avengers failure will lead to the YA takeover in Secret Wars.

Plus introducing Iron Lad is a great way to "end" the multiversal war in Secret Wars.

I could dive further into this as I have so many theories about KD/SW and how it won't necessarily be the end of the KtC/Doom/possibly Beyonder saga but actually the start of it blowing wide open.
    correct me if I'm wrong but is Iron Lad the kid that IM met in his 3rd movie?

You know you're doing something right when Antman, ANTMAN, a character that was once as C-list as C-list could get from comics to general audiences, has a third movie coming out and the trailer looks more dope than half of what DC is coming out with... and this is from someone who loves DC comics and is biased as hell in its favor.

Jonathan Majors as Kang and its variants is going to melt our screens, large and small.

- - - Updated - - -

that looks like it's going to be extremely fun!
    The legendary Kevin Bacon? This is the multiverse. I think they mean... Sebastian Shaw!

Oh right, Footloose.

Iron Lad is Kang, just a younger version of himself. Still from the 31st century, but time travel and all.

Talk about a major suspension of disbelief necessary to not wonder why a bunch of aliens care about the earth holiday of Christmas or how nebula knows of it.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    Talk about a major suspension of disbelief necessary to not wonder why a bunch of aliens care about the earth holiday of Christmas or how nebula knows of it.
    well, it's actually quite well explained in the video why they care... because they think it will cheer Peter up. Maybe one of the things he remembers from his childhood is Christmas. as for how Nebula knows of it, well I would assume she asked and they told her and then she said the line from the trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    Uh, likely the same way they know ANYTHING about Earth culture? Star-Lord told them about it?

That's been a recurring thing with the Guardians, them learning about Earth culture from Peter. Usually getting it hilariously wrong in the process.

Nope. Iron Lad was a version of Kang that met his older self and wanted to avert becoming Kang the Conquerer

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Iron Lad is Kang, just a younger version of himself. Still from the 31st century, but time travel and all.
    I believe the quote is "If you knew you'd become Hitler, you'd stop yourself from letting it happen"

He's one of the more interesting Marvel characters in that KtC is essentially infinite and his life is dedicated to defeating his variants.

Think He Who Remains but reactive as opposed to proactive.

Huge tonal shifts from the heist theme I see , be it "Let's raid the villain fortress for a suit" or "The villain/antagonist raided us and we need to recover the suitcase with the shiny object inside".

Of course there's gonna be humor because this is the MCU but as the end chapter we can expect something really different.

Now I have always found pretty weird that the development of the archvillain of this saga happens in "Ant-Man" specially given the roadmap with "The Marvels" and "Guardians vol.3" coming right next to it. Given the cosmic nature of these movies one would have expected to find Kang in them instead of here even with the quantum realm ( I acknowledge that) making the connection coherent.

I don't know , I have always found the "Pym family vs Kang" something unexpected and somehow forced but let's see the results and let's wait to know the purpose Kang has for the pym particles ( because if it just allow his armies to travel the multiverse.....it's gonna be too obvious).

Has anyone started to give less of a shit about the Marvel films as time has gone by? Every trailer I see just feels more like ‘yeah, sure I’ll see it on Bluray’.

Nothing feels essential to me anymore.