Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    and whys that?

we already know avengers 3 is essentially a huge team up of everybody.

we know thanos is the main villain of the multiyear multiphase plotline.

its a reasonable assumption that the finale of such an event could be a 2 parter.

its way more likely than "iron man will spawn a cinematic universe and the avengers will happen" or "marvel will make a guardians/doctor strange/antman movie" ever was.
    I just don't think they'll do two parters like that.

if thanos is done right. its really gonna be a sight to see.

just on his own thanos is one of the most powerful beings in the universe. with the gauntlet hes basically a god and can rip through the avengers brutally and easily like a knife through butter

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    I just don't think they'll do two parters like that.
    if its not a two parter or extra long i just dont see how they will be able to fit all of that story into one movie. it would be incredibly challenging to finish off the arc and give all the characters enough breathing room to satisfy it in just 2 hours if not impossible
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

15+ Year Old Account
    we already know avengers 3 is essentially a huge team up of everybody.
    I don't know why you keep saying this. That's what every Avengers is.

I think if they were to do a 2 parter, (as unlikely as that is) the first would be one of the unnamed movies in phase 3, with it all concluding in Avengers 3. And, really, by the time Avengers 3 is out they'll have, what, 16 movies out? I would expect them to have Thanos firmly established by then. Avengers 3 threw everyone together in the first 20 minutes, so that shouldn't be a big time hog. This isn't even pointing out the obvious stuff like RDJ, Chris Evans and co only being contracted up to Avengers 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Frunken View Post
    I don't know why you keep saying this. That's what every Avengers is.

I think if they were to do a 2 parter, (as unlikely as that is) the first would be one of the unnamed movies in phase 3, with it all concluding in Avengers 3. And, really, by the time Avengers 3 is out they'll have, what, 16 movies out? I would expect them to have Thanos firmly established by then. Avengers 3 threw everyone together in the first 20 minutes, so that shouldn't be a big time hog. This isn't even pointing out the obvious stuff like RDJ, Chris Evans and co only being contracted up to Avengers 3.
    thats one of the faults of avengers. they had to spend so much time bringing the team together and showing interactions between them that the enemies in avengers ended up underdeveloped and until the thor 2 prequel comic we didnt really even know who the chitauri even were or why they agreed to side with loki, not to mention black widow hawkeye and hulk getting very little screentime, hawkeye especially.

black widow needed cap 2 to be rounded out better. hulk and hawkeye are getting the main attention in avengers 2 to compensate and then also quicksilver and scarlet witch.

now add in the guardians, thats atleast 6 characters added to the mix, doctor strange antman and black panther are pretty much confirmed, thats another 3. then add in whoever else all those unannounced titles are about assuming they arent completely uninvolved in current universal affairs.

thats alot of people for one movie

- - - Updated - - -

my main hope for avengers 2 is that hulk gets more lines.

hulk only got 1 line the whole of avengers which was incredibly low for him. atleast it was more than his past couple solo films.
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

15+ Year Old Account
    That's a staple of team stories though, isn't it? That family dynamic where they argue with each other and banter then come together when it matters? Marvel told Whedon the script needed 3 things 1) Loki as the central enemy 2) the heroes fighting each other in the middle of the movie and 3) them coming together for the final fight. And Whedon is so good at that team stuff, I'd gladly take it over learning more about the trash mobs of the movie. What I gathered about the Chitauri in Avengers is that they didn't really work for Loki, they worked for Thanos and he assigned them to work under Loki, which was enough for me.

I'll agree about not enough Hawkeye. Renner is a pretty good actor despite most of his roles being generic and boring, and I find his sarcastic, dry Hawkeye entertaining, but I chalk his lack of scenes up to the story more than anything, though I do Wish they'd sprinkle him around like they do Black Widow.

yes but i and a couple other people have theorized that because theres so many characters that will be in avengers 3 and because its such a huge arc to close out that thanos might have his own film.

so for example

avengers 3 could basically be everyone meeting up, the guardians meet the avengers, the avengers meet doctor strange and ant man and black panther and whoever else is involved.

and then during the course of the movie they fight and try to prevent thanos from finishing the infinity gauntlet and getting the final gems.

the movie would end with them failing to do so.

then they could have a movie that comes out shortly after avengers 3 called

THANOS: THE INFINITY CRISIS

or some other name like that which is basically them stopping thanos and putting an end to him using the infinity gauntlet.

doing so would give alot more breathing room for all the characters, it would really make thanos seem like a big villain to have everyone fail to stop him the first time and it would really give them the chance to finish off a multi year arc properly without it feeling rushed.

whether or not they do this the way i guessed or not is up in the air but i think it would be the best choice. they should atleast give thanos his own solo film to really build him up since everything since the begining has slowly been leading to this moment.

we know that thanos will be in avengers 3, we know that avengers 3 is basically a huge team up movie so maybe they will take thanos down in 3 maybe they wont, maybe they will do what i said, maybe they will do something entirely different.

who knows. theyre making an ant man and doctor strange movie marvel could do anything.

personally i think this would be the perfect ending to avengers 3

for those who dont know thanos is in love with death (literally death) and he promised her that if she will marry him he will wipe out a ton of life in the universe.

so after he obtains the infinity gauntlet and all the gems he can do whatever he wants so the thing he does is go out and look at the sky, put the gauntlet on and snaps his fingers destroying half of all life in the universe.

just imagine that as a scene.

the avengers have failed, the guardians have failed. thanos has the gauntlet.

he walks out, looks up at the sky, snaps his fingers and the stars just start going out.

fade to credits.

then

at the end of the credits

"THANOS WILL RETURN"
    or
    "THE BATTLE WILL CONCLUDE"

and then the secret credits scene could be everyone in like a circle with a "we gotta stop this" look
    Then they announce the guy to take Thanos down will be Deadpool, 'cos Death is his girlfriend, and the space-time jiggery-pokery unites the X-Men and Avenger movie continuums. Then, just before you awake to the drab world where that doesn't happen, Fox announce they are giving up the Spiderman license...

Adam Warlock, who will show up in GotG 2, will eventually beat Thanos and take back the Infinity Gauntlet. Next ~6 years of movies officially spoiled for you!
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    People will be so disappointed if they deal with the Thanos/Infinity Gauntlet thing the way they did in the comics.

you know its just amazing what gunn did with the soundtrack, i literally cant listen to any of these songs anymore without thinking about the scenes from the movie.

still get a little teary eyed on the last song and i never get sentimental with movies.

heres hoping guardians 2 will have another memorable soundtrack like this

We have the mix tape His mother gave him that he opened at the end

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    Adam Warlock, who will show up in GotG 2, will eventually beat Thanos and take back the Infinity Gauntlet. Next ~6 years of movies officially spoiled for you!
    I thought the Infinity Guantlet was in Asgard? Also, there was an easter egg related to the Civil war story line in one of the Iron man films, Black Panther and Dr. Strange could also be decent movies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    I thought the Infinity Guantlet was in Asgard? Also, there was an easter egg related to the Civil war story line in one of the Iron man films, Black Panther and Dr. Strange could also be decent movies.
    they could follow through with it but ill be surprised if the actual infinity gauntlet is on asgard. i have a feeling that was just an easter egg for fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Mapathy View Post
    We have the mix tape His mother gave him that he opened at the end
    So that's why they'll go to Earth for Avengers 3 after GotG 2. They need a new tape.

So that's why they'll go to Earth for Avengers 3 after GotG 2. They need a new tape.
    Of course! Why else would Starlord come home? Not like he's very attached to anyone left.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    Of course! Why else would Starlord come home? Not like he's very attached to anyone left.
    Well, Kevin Bacon is still around.

Someone made a dancing Groot in plant pot its pretty cute.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

i have a feeling his father will end up providing the soundtrack for guardians 3.

- - - Updated - - -

"I like being able to create a bad guy. I'm very lucky in that I came into the Marvel Universe and I didn't have too many rules set down for me. I came from a place of creation. I had a few things I needed to link up to, a few points of reality that our universe had to link up to, like they were dealing with the Infinity Stones, that the Aether is an Infinity Stone, so I had to link up to those things, but they were very few and far between. For the most part I got to create things, like the Bible of the Infinity Stones – where they came from, what they are, that was something I got to invent."

"How does Thanos talk? Who is he? What does he do? I got to invent that, that was all really fun for me. Someone else will have to be somewhat beholden to those things later down the line. For me, it was all pretty much fun. I will say that I do not feel beholden to having to use Thanos in Guardians 2. He will show up if he helps our story and he will not show up at all if he is not. Thanos is not the most important thing in Guardians 2, that's for damn sure. There's the Guardians themselves and other threats the Guardians are going to be facing that are not Thanos."

"I think Thanos has been lonely for a long time. He can handle it. He's used to his loneliness. He's got some other kids out there. He's got to look after them. Nebula's probably the sweetest of them, which tells you what his kids are like..."

so sounds like we will be meeting more of thanos "children" in the future. he also confirmed that peters father is going to be completely different from the comics

- - - Updated - - -

also inhumans pretty much confirmed.

its about time after pretty much the entire internet figured out inhumans were gonna replace mutants and they had been pushing inhumans pretty hard lately in the comics

"Looks like Vin Diesel's Inhumans hint didn't come out of nowhere. Collider has sources saying that Marvel is looking to develop an Inhumans film, the same way they did with Guardians of the Galaxy. They have a script by John Robert Cole, who came out of the same Marvel writing program that produced Nicole Perlman's Guardians script. As with that script, Collider says the plan is to give it to a director to filter through their vision, the way James Gunn did with Perlman's script. According to Collider's insider, Inhumans is part of Marvel's plan to actively build multi-film cosmic universe."

- - - Updated - - -

also unrelated but dc is making an aquaman movie and a justice league dark movie with zatanna and constantine so i pretty much forgive them for everything.

aquaman is badarse as fuck

Well, Kevin Bacon is still around.
    Don't Fox hold the rights to Kevin Bacon?

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Don't Fox hold the rights to Kevin Bacon?
    GotG mentioned him twice anyway.

they could follow through with it but ill be surprised if the actual infinity gauntlet is on asgard. i have a feeling that was just an easter egg for fans.
    It could just as easily be taken away in Thor 3. If one thing is for sure, the Asgardians absolutely suck monkey dicks at protecting and locking away important shit it would seem...the destroyer, the aether, loki...
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.