Quote Originally Posted by Madruga View Post
    How good is Agents of Shield? I was going to start watching it during first season, but heard mixed reviews and gave up. Is it worth it to catch up?
    It really depends on your opinion of course, I made it through end of season 2 before quitting, most others I know didn't make it through season1. They keep playing with the mix, but I gave up on it, it was just too bad.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    It really depends on your opinion of course, I made it through end of season 2 before quitting, most others I know didn't make it through season1. They keep playing with the mix, but I gave up on it, it was just too bad.
    I don't think I made it past Episode 3 or 4. It was boring, and Coulson being alive kind of ruins his death in Avengers. Although, I am still not quite sure how Coulson is alive. Maybe I should have continued watching, at least until the issue was brought up.

(and I just looked it up, lol aliens did it)
    Last edited by RampageBW1; 2016-05-11 at 09:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    I mean for real, we as viewers really have no idea what Hydra could have left in hiding. Oh but the guys on the show thinks its all cleaned up now.....the same guys who had no fucking clue they were effectively hydra for like what ? 5 years? Yeh lets assume they know how to root out Hydra effectively
    One of the things with Winter Soldier was that it seemed Hydra had infiltrated the upper ranks of SHIELD and that one team. Then AoS made it "every third agent is Hydra" which is just stupid IMO, but that's AoS for ya. Then they destroyed them! Except the secret lab from Ultron and any other secret labs the movies need. Hydra is a bunch of cells, there's no stamping out all of them. When a new helicarrier appeared in Ultron, the AoS fans considered it essential that you knew AoS showed that they had been secretly building it, but movie goers didn't care.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    How is that ego?
    His ego was bruised by the lie. Everything with Tony boils down to his Ego.

- - - Updated - - -

One of the things with Winter Soldier was that it seemed Hydra had infiltrated the upper ranks of SHIELD and that one team. Then AoS made it "every third agent is Hydra" which is just stupid IMO, but that's AoS for ya. Then they destroyed them! Except the secret lab from Ultron and any other secret labs the movies need. Hydra is a bunch of cells, there's no stamping out all of them. When a new helicarrier appeared in Ultron, the AoS fans considered it essential that you knew AoS showed that they had been secretly building it, but movie goers didn't care.
    Thats the problem with the TV/Movie connections. As a movie only viewer, Fury Deus Exd a helicarrier in A3 to save the day. Thats it, Coulsen is dead Shield is dissolved and there is no knowledge of any of the fires the AoS teams put out.

As far as the movies are concerned the TV shows seem to not exist.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by RampageBW1 View Post
    I don't think I made it past Episode 3 or 4. It was boring, and Coulson being alive kind of ruins his death in Avengers. Although, I am still not quite sure how Coulson is alive. Maybe I should have continued watching, at least until the issue was brought up.

(and I just looked it up, lol aliens did it)
    They make it a major plot point that they drag out for quite a while before Kree Blood. The only good part is the TAHITI stuff is amusing. After Winter Soldier, they reveal that HYDRA is literally like every 3rd person in SHIELD, running gun battles and stuff in every single SHIELD base, of which there are a shit ton, not including the other shit ton of hidden bases that Fury just had built and left to storage... Second season does the Inhuman stuff, and it does it very poorly.

- - - Updated - - -

Thats the problem with the TV/Movie connections. As a movie only viewer, Fury Deus Exd a helicarrier in A3 to save the day. Thats it, Coulsen is dead Shield is dissolved and there is no knowledge of any of the fires the AoS teams put out.

As far as the movies are concerned the TV shows seem to not exist.
    To be fair, with the helicarrier, the explanation is "he built it". It's not like there's a real story there.

They make it a major plot point that they drag out for quite a while before Kree Blood. The only good part is the TAHITI stuff is amusing. After Winter Soldier, they reveal that HYDRA is literally like every 3rd person in SHIELD, running gun battles and stuff in every single SHIELD base, of which there are a shit ton, not including the other shit ton of hidden bases that Fury just had built and left to storage... Second season does the Inhuman stuff, and it does it very poorly.

- - - Updated - - -

To be fair, with the helicarrier, the explanation is "he built it". It's not like there's a real story there.
    What ever the connection, it only seems to go one way. S'all Im getting at.

What ever the connection, it only seems to go one way. S'all Im getting at.
    Yeah, I agree completely, just expanding, not debating.

Yeah, I agree completely, just expanding, not debating.
    Cool Cool, 10chairs

A lot of those episodes are awkwardly written.
    They had to fill in episode gaps with fluff before getting to the episodes that were points that coincided with the movies.
    And since there is someone reading that hasn't seen the show it seems: When they finally decided to let go of Bobbi and Hunter, it was rushed and clumsily done to me. I posted earlier that adding Palicki was a huge plus but one that couldn't last since she was too "big" of a named actress. (and she's the only one in the show that is contractually obligated to be in the movies if asked) But getting rid of her in such a fashion was lame. That "goodbye" may have been a nice touch..but still.
    Much of the earlier shows were lacking in tension and danger.

If they ever get "mutants" this show may be temporarily taken off air to be revamped.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    adding Palicki was a huge plus but one that couldn't last since she was too "big" of a named actress. (and she's the only one in the show that is contractually obligated to be in the movies if asked)
    I know you put it in quotes, but I question even jokingly referencing her as big. I look at her IMDB and I see some movies I should have seen her in, but I don't remember her in anything except this show and Supernatural. By contrast, Ming Na Wen was on ER for like 120 episodes and also SGU. So both in and out of Nerd culture, she's pretty 'big'.

Also, I believe Gregg is obligated as well...but that may have changed since his original contract was before the show was created. But more to the point, Mockingbird is a real character that sees development in books right now. Most recently having a role in the current Spider-Man run, globe hopping with Peter who is cooperating with SHIELD now that he is a world tech giant.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    I know you put it in quotes, but I question even jokingly referencing her as big. I look at her IMDB and I see some movies I should have seen her in, but I don't remember her in anything except this show and Supernatural. By contrast, Ming Na Wen was on ER for like 120 episodes and also SGU. So both in and out of Nerd culture, she's pretty 'big'.
    Yeah I only remember her as Sam's fiance that died in Supernatural.

She was in John Wick, and isn't she gonna be in that new AoS spinoff show as well?
    Roland, Oscuridad of Sargeras
    <Design> 13/13M HFC - Recruiting

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    A lot of those episodes are awkwardly written.
    They had to fill in episode gaps with fluff before getting to the episodes that were points that coincided with the movies.
    The first season is horrible with trying to tie in movie elements while being totally unable to use anything of importance, IMO. The IM3 stuff, chitari armor, everything they could think of to scream "we're MCU too!". Dragging poor Sif into things. I was fine with Daredevil's "oh, remember that alien invasion, anyway moving on" format.

Though I mean, there is an AoS thread too, I don't keep up since I stopped at season3.

Watching Winter Soldier last night, amazing how much Black Widows ''Oh I did step on your moment?'' comes off as 'Oh I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?!?''.

Speaking of, what is his arm made of?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

So it seems ABC cancelled Agent Carter which is too bad but kind of expected. However, it also seems they decided to not move forward with AoS spinoff Marvel's Most Wanted. Adrianne Palicki and Nick Blood having left AoS for the new series now appear to be out of a job.
    https://www.yahoo.com/tv/marvels-mos...002756409.html

Quote Originally Posted by Altrec View Post
    So it seems ABC cancelled Agent Carter which is too bad but kind of expected. However, it also seems they decided to not move forward with AoS spinoff Marvel's Most Wanted. Adrianne Palicki and Nick Blood having left AoS for the new series now appear to be out of a job.
    https://www.yahoo.com/tv/marvels-mos...002756409.html
    and some people think disney allowed this show to do something they were saving for the movies lol

the spin offs been cancelled twice now. looks like next year might be aos last

- - - Updated - - -

"In the 1960s Marvel Comics promoted itself as the House of Ideas, and one part of that identity came from the “Marvel Bullpen” - editors, production types, artists and writers would work in a big, open plan space that allowed them to throw around ideas and concepts, get advice on their work and generally create an atmosphere that facilitated creativity. Your boss has probably recently rearranged your office to be closer to what Stan Lee and company were doing back in 1963.

Over time that “Bullpen” went away - freelancers work at home from across the country, the small office space Marvel originally occupied ballooned into a real, enormous office space - but its place in the foundational mythos of Marvel Comics never diminished.

Surprisingly, something of a “Marvel Bullpen” has begun sprouting up in the Burbank offices of Marvel Studios. While the popular idea of Marvel Studios has been that it’s an assembly line cranking out movies made to order according to a producer’s vision (see the travails of Edgar Wright and Alan Taylor as examples), something very different seems to be happening these days as the studio enters Phase Three. As Ike Perlmutter’s shadow no longer darkens Marvel Studios' doors and as the cryptic Creative Committee has seen its power lessened, something more collegial has popped up in its place.

“One of the nice aspects of working at Marvel is the interaction with the other directors and writers,” says Peyton Reed, who is currently developing Ant-Man and the Wasp. “ In Hollywood, directors don't always hang out with each other. We're generally too self-absorbed, egotistical and focused on our own things. So it's cool to see Taika {Waititi} or Scott {Derrickson} in the hallway and talk about whatever. It's fun to have a meal with James {Gunn} and discuss what we're doing. It's awesome to have Ryan Coogler in the office next to mine. It taps into that Marvel Bullpen fantasy for me.”

Captain America: Civil War is, in many ways, the culmination of all of Marvel’s movies to date, and that means as the films bump into each other more and more that Bullpen atmosphere becomes more important.

“We are constantly interacting with everyone because we’re doing these movies that inherit so much of what they have done, or that may affect what they’re going to do,” says Civil War co-director Anthony Russo. “Interfacing becomes more and more important, especially as Marvel starts to do more movies per year. The soup is getting thick.”

For me that’s where it gets interesting: how do the individual filmmakers make sure they get to do what they want to do while also being able to service the larger arc of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, which is heading to The Movies Formerly Known As Infinity War? In many ways it’s exactly what the continuity-heavy Marvel comics were always doing, but no one has ever truly tried this on a cinematic scale as grand as this. And in Phase Three it’s only getting grander, as crossovers have become the norm as opposed to the exception: Iron Man will show up in Spider-Man: Homecoming, Hulk is the co-lead in Thor: Ragnarok, Ant-Man debuts new powers in Civil War.

“The filmmakers are very focused - and very protective - of their own projects, but at the same time they know it’s the sand box,” says Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige. “And they know it’s fun. Peyton Reed was showing Joe and Anthony Russo early cuts of Ant-Man and giving them an idea how to include him in Civil War. There’s always been a very nice back and forth. There’s just enough friendliness and enough rivalry.”

The rivalry comes into play when filmmakers are trying to stake out their own corner of the universe. While James Gunn gets to have his Guardians of the Galaxy safely light years away from the main thrust of the MCU, the other filmmakers don’t have that luxury - in many ways Marvel Studios is post-auteur. But while Peyton Reed may have lost the opportunity to reveal Giant Man in his own movie, he will get to debut The Wasp. It's the compromises that come when playing in the bigger sandbox.

“Wasp had been in some early versions of Civil War, and I had some discussions with Evangeline Lilly about that,” Feige revealed. “But the more we thought about it, the more we realized that would do a disservice to that character and to what we wanted to tell in Ant-Man and The Wasp.”

Besides the changes at the top of Marvel Studios in the wake of restructuring, the other big change in Phase Three is the loss of Joss Whedon. Whedon had been signed on as “Creative Consultant” for Marvel in Phase Two, but now he’s moved on. It’s not clear to me how that worked out internally, but Kevin Feige says that position won’t happen again.

“With Joss it was an official thing,” Feige says. “It was a contractual thing, which was the ability to enlist him to do some writing and oversee what was happening. That was the only time we’ve ever done something like that. But people share scripts with each other and get thoughts, we do that all the time.”

While there’s no official “Creative Consultant,” the fact that the Russo Brothers are directing the big deal Avengers 3 and 4 means they have become the de facto driving forces of the MCU - all the movies have to feed into what they’re doing.

“As populists, Anthony and I have always been interested in a United Artists concept,” Joe Russo says. “One of the things that’s happening at Marvel right now is that we are very close friends with James Gunn, we’re very close friends with Peyton Reed, we’re very close with Scott Derrickson and Jon Watts. There’s a community of us as filmmakers who are working together very collaboratively and who enjoy handing each other curveballs with the characters so that we can pick up the thread and move it forward. Part of the fun of the job is picking up the threads left by these other filmmakers.”

Reed agrees. “It's necessary and it's also, creatively speaking, really fun. Again, our movies are all connected but they also have to stand on their own. Things they do affect us and things we do affect them, but it's flexible. Obviously, where Scott Lang ends up in Civil War affects how we start him out in Ant-Man and the Wasp, but there are no limits to where we take him in our movie. There are definitely situations and events that everyone in the MCU is building towards.”

Like Thanos and his pursuit of the Infinity Stones. “With Infinity War as these culmination movies, there’s certainly going to be a lot of interaction between us and the other caretakers of the characters,” says Joe Russo. “We love that, and it might be the best part of the job.”"

http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2016/05/09/inside-the-new-marvel-bullpen
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

So finally saw Captain America Civil War. Awesome film, Marvel film universe continues to get better. The film also made me super excited for the stand-alone black panther and spiderman film both characters were perfect and easily the best on screen spiderman version to date. Hopefully the Russo brothers continue to get the gig, they combine action and story so well and the action sequences seem grounded in reality with the fantasy elements added which are particularly original.

Also antman's line of "Does someone have any orange slices" after getting KO'd star wars AT walker style easily ranks as one my favorite one liners in a action flick which are normally super lame.

Deleted
    Just got back from seeing Civil War. As of now with my hype levels high I'd rate it as maybe my favourite marvel movie. It managed to juggle a lot of elements without feeling overcrowded and it definitely felt like a cap film rather than an avengers film. I think a lot of that was in the style of the fight scenes, more in line with Winter Soldier's espionage style fights (especially at the beginning) rather than the huge scale Avengers fights. Loved Spiderman and Black Panther, although BP did feel a little out of place in the film. Like his story was very separate to the rest of the film. He was good but if he hadn't been in the film I wouldn't really have missed him. Overall very good though, loved the airport fight scene (which was like 70% quipping).

- - - Updated - - -

I also have to say I really liked Zemo as the villain. He wasn't really in enough scenes to make a huge impact, but I think that worked for the film and he was great in the scenes he was in. He was manipulating the Avengers, without it being in such a way that their conflict was lessened. It wasn't like in the comics when one side is turned into a huge strawman to drive conflict. He was the most lowkey villain a marvel film has ever had; he actually succeeded in his goal - over half the Avengers are now wanted fugitives and aren't on good terms with the other half; He was sympathetic, the most sympathetic villain in the marvle movies; And he survived. Which means there's potential for him to step up and helm a thunderbolts movie for example, maybe go down a more anti-heroic route. I'm looking forward to seeing how Zemo's character is taken forwards.

i think disney should just create a Marvel TV channel at the rate stuff keeps being cancelled.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Zanjin View Post
    i think disney should just create a Marvel TV channel at the rate stuff keeps being cancelled.
    Then just run everything they've produced with the movies, current/90s cartoons, current shows, the animated ones they show on scifi or something? Heck with all the material they have now they could probably run a months worth of programming before needing to restart alone lol