10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    The digital stuff is really convenient and definitely a good thing to have, but me, I'm old school...
    Fair play. I'm the same with books, if it's just something I want to read once and probably never pick up again, I'll get a cheap kindle copy... But if it's something that I know I'll love, or that is from an author I really love, I'll pick up the physical copy.

Case in point, friend recommended a book, £2 digital copy, Murakami released a new book "Men Without Women". Hard copy, day one order.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Fair play. I'm the same with books, if it's just something I want to read once and probably never pick up again, I'll get a cheap kindle copy... But if it's something that I know I'll love, or that is from an author I really love, I'll pick up the physical copy.

Case in point, friend recommended a book, £2 digital copy, Murakami released a new book "Men Without Women". Hard copy, day one order.
    I will mention most trades I get are used, so I'm not paying full price for them...if it's a book I'm really interested in(like the newest Detective Comics volume) I will buy it new, but a great deal of stuff I get I'm paying like half cover price or less, heh. Ordered Vol 1 of Lady Thor for like $6, so I can at least see if the book is better than the panels and is closer in quality to the Thor GoT run than it appears. And also bought Bedlam, since Spencer wrote it and that was really incentive enough for me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    Hydra Cap's run is fantastic.
    Not according to the numbers where marvel gets beaten atm every month by dc's rebirth

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    Not according to the numbers where marvel gets beaten atm every month by dc's rebirth
    And Justin Bieber routinely sells out concerts, so...not sure of your point? You're not one of those morons who assumes popularity=quality, are you? People don't read Hydra Cap cause the concept sounds awful(and it does), so they don't give it a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    Only the Flash/Batman watchmen mystery (which I'm really enjoying) is beating Secret Empire.

Quote Originally Posted by tgoodchild View Post
    Going to see GotG 2 in about 10 minutes, here's hoping it's as fun as the first one. I'm worried about what I've read about the characterization of Mantis, that she's played off as a joke and Asian stereotype (for an alien lol) rather than the badass she was in the comics.
    I wouldn't say asian stereotype, just a sheltered and socially awkward in every way imaginable person.

im probably gonna buy that 30 dollar ravager groot figure at walmart, im a grown fuckin man but god damnit if it aint the most adorable fucking toy ive ever seen
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, she didn't really fit the "submissive Asian woman" stereotype I'd heard someone describe her as. She was, however, pretty damn lame. But her being lame and the stupidity of the whole tumor thing were the only real bad parts of an otherwise excellently fun movie. Our family had a blast and talked about our favorite scenes on the way home, and laughed out loud at the right parts throughout the movie.
    Honestly I pretty much expected the tumor thing from the beginning.... I assumed that Ego caused by being radioactive though rather than it being done purposefully so that was a surprise
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gods DAMN! This months Mighty Thor was seriously freaking good.

The Asgard/Shi'ar War arc turned out to be a really great arc, and it's setting up the next one, which I think is going to be an absolute monster!

Highlights of the issue for me:

Roz Solomon is the new Council member for earth, I've always quite liked her character, I'm hoping to see her pop up in the MCU somewhere. Either in the films (possible replacement for Jane Foster as Lady Thor?) or maybe in one of the shows, I think she'd do well on Agents of SHIELD.

Thor managed to substantially damage THE PHOENIX One of the most powerful beings in creation. Yet Thor still managed to unleash a storm so brutal, it caused noticable damage. Fuck yeah, Thor FTW.

The war comes to an end... But there is more to the story: The Ultimate Judgement has been unleashed... a being of pure unstoppable wrath, a cosmic force that none can hope to stand against:

The Mangog has returned!

YYYAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Can't WAIT to see Ultimate Thor show up next week, and I really can't wait to see how they deal with that ending...

EDIT:

Wowza... Wasn't sure anything would be able to keep up with Mighty Thor.

Then I read Secret Empire. Decent issue overall, no real gamechanging stuff....

But that ending? WTF?

So, is that the real Steve Rogers? Is the current Captain HYDRA going to die, and this guy take over as the "New" Cappy? WTF is going on, I'm confused, excited, but deeply unsure...

Can't WAIT for next month to find out wtf that was about!
    Last edited by Gallahadd; 2017-05-17 at 02:44 PM.

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

So, is that the real Steve Rogers? Is the current Captain HYDRA going to die, and this guy take over as the "New" Cappy? WTF is going on, I'm confused, excited, but deeply unsure...

Can't WAIT for next month to find out wtf that was about!
    I'm kind of disappointed they are going with an alternate universe Steve Rogers or clone or w/e that Steve Rogers is. It just seems like a cop out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I'm kind of disappointed they are going with an alternate universe Steve Rogers or clone or w/e that Steve Rogers is. It just seems like a cop out.
    Potentially yes, this could not only be a HUGE cop out, it could also be the direct opposite of what Marvel have said since the start of this arc... However:

I think Captain HYDRA really is our Steve Rogers, I think this one that's just shown up is Ultimate Cappy, or some other version of him and they'll fight.

Or, quite possibly, I read a theory that this is the "Good" psyche of steve, that was supressed by the Cosmic Cube, and it has now grown powerful enough to pull itself out into reality. Which is a bit of a mindfuck, and kinda stupid... But something along those lines, but less retarded could be interesting

Potentially yes, this could not only be a HUGE cop out, it could also be the direct opposite of what Marvel have said since the start of this arc... However:

I think Captain HYDRA really is our Steve Rogers, I think this one that's just shown up is Ultimate Cappy, or some other version of him and they'll fight.

Or, quite possibly, I read a theory that this is the "Good" psyche of steve, that was supressed by the Cosmic Cube, and it has now grown powerful enough to pull itself out into reality. Which is a bit of a mindfuck, and kinda stupid... But something along those lines, but less retarded could be interesting
    I don't think it will be the good side because you can still see good qualities of Hydra Cap. I don't think he would have been able to lift Mjolnir without that good side to him. Hes basically traded one ideology for another and gone all in.

Speaking of comics, I just read Mighty Thor vol 2 (issues 6 through 12) and man it was GREAT. And for those upset about Jane Foster Thor, half of it doesn't really involve her.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I don't think it will be the good side because you can still see good qualities of Hydra Cap. I don't think he would have been able to lift Mjolnir without that good side to him. Hes basically traded one ideology for another and gone all in.
    Which would make Ultimate Cap the perfect counter, as he's a more full on version of normal cappy. Also, speaking of him lifting Mjolnir, is there anywhere to read that one online, because my nearest comic book store sold out, and Comixology don't stock it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalcheus View Post
    Speaking of comics, I just read Mighty Thor vol 2 (issues 6 through 12) and man it was GREAT. And for those upset about Jane Foster Thor, half of it doesn't really involve her.
    Yeah, Mighty Thor has been great for ages, I don't understand why so many people rag on it... The latest issue was AWESOME, and next month is going to be even better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, hearing about that really sucks. I haven't gotten to Secret Empire yet because I wanted to catch up on Hydra Cap and now I feel like I just wasted my money and time getting invested in a story that's going to pull this stupid cop-out and trash all the interest the story had. Bleah.
    It's still WELL worth reading. Captain HYDRA is one of the best runs I've read in a very long time, and Secret Empire is equally great.

Even if the ending is a bit dodgy (and it's still not 100% set that it will play out the way we think it will), the ride will be WELL worth taking, because it's so well put together.

Plus, Captain HYDRA is a fuckin savage, which is always fun.

If your quick enough a trailer for Inhumans was leaked.
    http://www.screengeek.net/2017/05/24...-leaks-online/

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    my thoughts

barry is pretty much carrying this series, lockjaw was fucking awesome, wig still looks derpy as fuck so that sucks but other than that it doesnt look as awful as it originally did but if it wasnt for barry i wouldnt even watch it

"I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    I don't know what peoples problem is with this, I think it looks pretty good.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post

fem thor and odinson were top selling in both January and February haven't cheaked since but that kinda shows that the diversity didn't really hurt odinson or fem thor.

- - - Updated - - -

No they wern't:

http://www.diamondcomics.com/Home/1/...ticleID=190638

http://www.diamondcomics.com/Home/1/...ticleID=191239

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, unworthy Thor outsold Mighty? Interesting...

Kinda hoping that will be enough to make Marvel bring him back, after the (hopefully limited) Ultimate Thor run.