Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    I believe it was that you couldnt identify the "girl with the great sword" that made them question your comic book knowledge....
    Considering all the titles she's held/holds/will hold, yep.

And it's a pattern from said poster which is why I commented.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    I believe it was that you couldnt identify the "girl with the great sword" that made them question your comic book knowledge....
    With is pretty dumb thing to say. Unless she is a major character in the Marvel universe.

There is god knows how many mutants in comics, how dare someone not know all of then when talking about their outfit

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    When it come's to comics?
    When its talking about other people knowledge.

You don't tend to do the same and will go on for quite a bit about series you haven't read/watched.
    Thats why i didn't say anything other than the outfit, witch was not rly much of a fan.

Cool. It's a shame then that pretty much none of that (including Hulk) is getting any good adaption stuff to talk about.
    Not if they don't start rebooting stuff/ making self isolated stories in the multiverse.

But Thor and hulk ship already sailed, not much hope with those two.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    With is pretty dumb thing to say. Unless she is a major character in the Marvel universe.

There is god knows how many mutants in comics, how dare someone not know all of then when talking about their outfit
    She's a very well known character that's been around for about 4 decades. Ilyanna Rasputin, Aka Magik, Colossus' baby sister.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

There is god knows how many mutants in comics, how dare someone not know all of then when talking about their outfit.
    She's a Sorcereress Supreme. Sister to Colossus. Queen of Hell. Vessel for the Phoenix force.

She's a major player in the canon. Thanks for adding to my point.

Some chick with a sword. LOL.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    She's a Sorcereress Supreme. Sister to Colossus. Queen of Hell. Vessel for the Phoenix force.

She's not one of the A-listers on the X-man roster, but since someone else has put together the list of characters by appearances, I'll just link to it;

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...of-Appearances

She's #27 of the top 150. Far more appearances than other important X-men like Jubilee, Forge, Bishop, and Morph, all of whom are in the X-Men '97 reboot

This is counting all X-people, too, not just the core X-men team. So X-Force, X-Factor, etc.

Sure, she's no Scott Summers. But she's hardly an unknown.

It's just amazing that someone that crows so much about "sticking to the canon" they lack any knowledge of said canon.

It's almost like THAT'S not the problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    It's just amazing that someone that crows so much about "sticking to the canon" they lack any knowledge of said canon.

Given that she ranks consistently in stupid Buzzfeed style articles often written by people with no knowledge of the canon, even people who lack knowledge know her.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Given that she ranks consistently in stupid Buzzfeed style articles often written by people with no knowledge of the canon, even people who lack knowledge know her.
    Ah, but you see... that doesn't matter to someone who just goes "well but I don't know her, so!" and takes that as the entire basis for their argument. Just how they do it with "well but I don't like it, so!" when it comes to whatever other objection they're making to whatever property they have beef with.

Rankings and data mean very little in the face of self-centered "arguments" like that, I'm afraid.

Kind of reminds me of a school board meeting I witnessed once where someone advocated removal of a particular historical person from the curriculum because they'd never heard of them. And to them it seemed the most natural thing in the world that the only standard by which such a thing needs to be evaluated as to its importance is whether that person, personally, had heard of it. They did not understand why other people thought that was perhaps not a good way to go about things.

Some people just built diff.

7+ Year Old Account

never heard of her, not in the movies, not in the cartoons, not in the x-men issues i saw, neither in the mash up with x-men/avengers or in big crossovers like knull and world war hulk. If i saw i don't remember.

But i don't have a problem with her, nor im against her in the group, lol

But... i never said anything about her in the canon? i didn't even criticize or complain about her, at all, neither claimed im an expert in x-men, that's such a non sequitur

Now there is even some bots saying i didn't like HER, lmao, just said i was not a fan of the GROUP outfit, you are rly salty about the "sticking to the canon" bit, that i didn't even brought up to the character
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2024-04-17 at 04:13 AM.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account

are we actually that surprised that the person you're quoting is dismissive of a well known female character. If nobody had told him who it was, I'd bet we'd be hearing all about how woke it is that a tiny girl can wield such a big sword blah blah blah.

Does this madness have to happen in all these threads?

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Speaking of the recent Xmen animated.

Did it feel odd, like something was off. Almost like as if an AI tried to recreate the 90s experience but something about it just feels 10% off or like you're in a dream world meanwhile back in reality you are having your brain sucked dry by a alien squid creature inducing a pleasant dream so you dont become aware you are being slowly drained and in the back of your mind you know something isnt right.
    I dunno if I can really say anything is "off." Other than some voices obviously sounding different to how they did all those years ago (I think only Beast really sounds the same as he did back then).

The animation is much more modern for the action stuff, but also still kinda jank for the nostalgia in less action-heavy parts. Music is about what you'd expect. Characters behave about as you'd expect them to.

/shrug

She's definitely not a nobody, but if you haven't read anything with her in it, you just wouldn't know her all that well, if at all.

She's been very prevalent the last few years, though. Being what was a war captain of Krakoa, basically answering to Cyclops (and later Bishop). She's been across the different X series, things like Strange Academy, and so on.

But yeah, if you haven't read any of that (and nothing of her since the 80s), you just wouldn't know her, tbf.

never heard of her, not in the movies, not in the cartoons, not in the x-men issues i saw, neither in the mash up with x-men/avengers or in big crossovers like knull and world war hulk. If i saw i don't remember.
    Based on what you've said before, would I be right to assume most of your knowledge comes from the cartoons/movies, rather than the comics themselves? I remember you saying you may not have really had access to comics as you were growing up. That'd probably explain it, honestly. And there is nothing wrong with that, ofc.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by En Sabah Nur View Post
    She's definitely not a nobody, but if you haven't read anything with her in it, you just wouldn't know her all that well, if at all.

She's been very prevalent the last few years, though. Being what was a war captain of Krakoa, basically answering to Cyclops (and later Bishop). She's been across the different X series, things like Strange Academy, and so on.

But yeah, if you haven't read any of that (and nothing of her since the 80s), you just wouldn't know her, tbf.
    I indeed never said said she was a nobody, my comment was only related to the group costume, i only know 4 x-men in that picture, and i assume is psylock(she and jugg outfit are the best imo).

Based on what you've said before, would I be right to assume most of your knowledge comes from the cartoons/movies, rather than the comics themselves? I remember you saying you may not have really had access to comics as you were growing up. That'd probably explain it, honestly. And there is nothing wrong with that, ofc.
    and, i said before, i don't read a lot of "full" x-men as well(as in the group adventurers), i prefer solo/self contained stories. Wolverine, nightcralwer, Gambit, Rogue...I think the last i read was a Cyclops one, where he end up in savage land, fighting a militar guy

But you can indicate a short run of x-men with her and i try to find to read.
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2024-04-17 at 11:30 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    2020 New Mutants movie played by Anya Taylor-Joy
    Appears in X-Men the Animated Series episode Red Dawn.
    Morph literally changes into her in Episode 3 of X-Men '97

She was also one of that advertised characters for Marvel's Midnight Suns, a video game that came out recently.

She has also LITERALLY been in the title of an X-men series.

If you know Colossus pretty much at all, his sister is majorly important to him. She is referenced indirectly in X-Men Evolution.

Seriously, I don't know how anyone even remotely in the X-men sphere somehow avoided knowing anything about her. She isn't big, but it isn't like she is some random background character.
    Last edited by Darththeo; 2024-04-17 at 12:52 PM.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

15+ Year Old Account
    Appears in X-Men the Animated Series episode Red Dawn.
    Morph literally changes into her in Episode 3 of X-Men '97

She was also one of that advertised characters for Marvel's Midnight Suns, a video game that came out recently.

She has also LITERALLY been in the title of an X-men series.

If you know Colossus pretty much at all, his sister is majorly important to him. She is referenced indirectly in X-Men Evolution.

Seriously, I don't know how anyone even remotely in the X-men sphere somehow avoided knowing anything about her. She isn't big, but it isn't like she is some random background character.
    She's also in the upcoming Marvel Rivals game.

10+ Year Old Account
    X-Men 97 Episode 6...

Feels like a toned down episode compared to the last, maybe give everyone time to come down from the impact of episode 5 lol.
    I did like seeing Charles Xavier again Also the Shi'ar...

One story I hope we get is the terribly under rated Rise and Fall of the Shi'ar Empire. its one of my favourite X-Men stories from the 2000's. Also the storm half of the show was really good too. Both halves of the show really paid homage to their comic counterparts in a lot of aspects. Like the show echoing these lines was pretty cool.
    Last edited by Orby; 2024-04-17 at 01:19 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

I indeed never said said she was a nobody, my comment was only related to the group costume, i only know 4 x-men in that picture, and i assume is psylock(she and jugg outfit are the best imo).
    That is indeed Psylocke! I'd definitely give her the award for the best look on that cover.

But you can indicate a short run of x-men with her and i try to find to read.
    If I were to recommend anything, I think it would have to be Zeb Wells' New Mutants from 2009. Very fun.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow, I completely forgot that this even existed O_O

Should probably watch that at some point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by En Sabah Nur View Post
    Wow, I completely forgot that this even existed O_O

Should probably watch that at some point.
    It is on Disney+ if you have it.
    –The Sith Code

It is on Disney+ if you have it.
    I do! Guess I'll make use of it later on.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    X-Men 97 Episode 6...

Feels like a toned down episode compared to the last, maybe give everyone time to come down from the impact of episode 5 lol.
    I did like seeing Charles Xavier again Also the Shi'ar...

One story I hope we get is the terribly under rated Rise and Fall of the Shi'ar Empire. its one of my favourite X-Men stories from the 2000's. Also the storm half of the show was really good too. Both halves of the show really paid homage to their comic counterparts in a lot of aspects. Like the show echoing these lines was pretty cool.
    I guess we also now know who was behind the Genosha attacks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    I guess we also now know who was behind the Genosha attacks.
    I think the showrunners have confirmed sadly that Cassandra Nova will not appear in the show. But Bastian has made a few appearances in backgrounds, I do not believe Sinister (as hinted at the end of episode 6) is not the sole person behind the attacks as it the show seems to hint.

as much as I would like (and for it to make sense) for it to be Cassandra Nova sadly it wont be her I do not think, unless the creaters are throwing us a swerve :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance