Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfpaq777 View Post
    You, OP, should stop using words like "destroy" until you have a thorough understanding of what that word actually means.

A destroyed game does not become the fastest selling PC game of all time.

A destroyed game does not sell 12 million copies.

A destroyed game does not maintain 2.1 mil+ daily players for a year.

Finally, as others have pointed out, in addition to the RMAH, the Gold Auction House is also being removed. You know, that in-game currency side of the auction house. The part you never campaigned against. It is being removed for the same reasons that the RMAH is being removed. I imagine by now the realization is dawning that this fact invalidates your entire thread. Or maybe you're as stupid as you sound and you don't realize that. Doesn't matter either way to me, but I'm sick and tired of haters trying to talk about D3 like it was a failed game. D3 was a wildly successful, great game. Period. All the empirical data proves it, emphatically. You can rant and rave all you like about how the RMAH "destroyed" it, but you're nothing more than an irrelevant nobody, the typical voice of the vocal minority that finds some perverse pleasure in whining on the internet to anyone who will listen about a game you never played. Not only are you objectively wrong, you're also pathetic.
    Destroyed was probably a too harsh word. But the initial success of Diablo 3 centred around the success of Diablo 2. Cant comment on the daily player part since I have no numbers about this for D2 to compare.

Fact is, by the time you got to lvl 60 and tried to go into inferno, the game became very frustrating with no good drops to progress your char. So you had to farm gold coz the AH was now the best source for getting upgrades. So the core problem was the loot system.
    Imho, the loot system was linked to the AH, even if the developers said it wasn’t, that was just a big lie (still imho).
    You can say that the loot system had to suck, otherwise the AH wouldn't have worked. Now you can blame the AH

The RMAH was not even remotely part of the problem. Heck the RMAH didn’t even exist when the "problem" was already there.
    With Loot 2.0, I wouldn’t mind having an AH and RMAH, I prolly wouldn’t even use it. I guess they saw that an AH would not make much sense with such a loot system, so they shut it down.
    It's even a good marketing point and saves some resources maintaining it.

To your Point, Diablo 3 was far away from being a great game. Even a indie studio made a better game called "path of exile". Patch 2.0 changed that to a certain point and I thank blizzard for that. But they still have much to do to make this game as great as D2 LoD was I do play d3 again and I have fun with it.

Cheers

I made about £200 off RMAH, I personally always liked the AH and think it will be missed. The fact that items are all account bound now and legendaries drop like rain in the amazon already kills off it's popularity. The AH was simply a solution to an unintended problem, the problem where hardly any useful gear ever dropped.

The AH itself was never the issue.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

I don't think much constructive discussion would come out of here - if anything, the thread is beacoming a massive flamebait. Closing.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.