Guaranteed Legendary Drop

Does anyone know when the guaranteed legendary drop is going to switch from SK to Diablo? I heard last week but then it didn't happen so is it going to occur this week? Anyone know? I've got a guy sitting at Diablo waiting basically.

It appears that today's maintenance is 8 hours but I don't see any patch notes.

Signature Created by Jassinta

10+ Year Old Account
    If under lvl 60, each end boss of an act has a guaranteed leg for u, this thing will reset only if u reset ur quests allowing endless legs!!!!!
    At lvl 60 SK is the only guaranteed leg every single time u reset quests

It can't be hotfixed, so you will have to download a patch, and I don't know if they consider SK's bug to be so important to make a patch just for it, so it might take a little while, until they gather enough fixes to push one.

I wouldn't "waste" time waiting at diablo, i would kill diablo and run to SK if you are looking at guaranteed drops, and rush back to Diablo to "wait" again if you desire so, since SK is just 15 minutes into a game. Unless you have no desire to reset quest ever again and just wait for 1 guaranteed drop before you start farming.
    Last edited by Bisso; 2014-03-11 at 01:45 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bisso View Post
    It can't be hotfixed, so you will have to download a patch, and I don't know if they consider SK's bug to be so important to make a patch just for it, so it might take a little while, until they gather enough fixes to push one.

Considering to do it you have to beat the whole game (every quest) to reset your quests again. They figure it isn't worth fixing.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    Considering to do it you have to beat the whole game (every quest) to reset your quests again. They figure it isn't worth fixing.
    Well they said they gonna fix it, to put the guaranteed on Diablo, simply because it makes more sense, because they actually like the idea of a guaranteed drop after a reset.

But in the end, if you plan on resetting the game multiple times, it doesn't matter where that legendary drops, you will get as many legs after 5 resets if it's from SK or Diablo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bisso View Post
    Well they said they gonna fix it, to put the guaranteed on Diablo, simply because it makes more sense, because they actually like the idea of a guaranteed drop after a reset.

But in the end, if you plan on resetting the game multiple times, it doesn't matter where that legendary drops, you will get as many legs after 5 resets if it's from SK or Diablo.

Source please?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

http://www.diablofans.com/news/47960...ug-wyatt-cheng

The quote itself:
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/top...0878?page=4#69

Hey Lylirra, please do not consider fixing the Skeleton King "bug". It gives us a nice reason to re-play the campaign.
    So, here's a few quick updates from the design team (almost verbatim).

We will be fixing the bug with the Skeleton King in an upcoming patch ("the bug" = he drops a guaranteed Legendary item each time you kill him after using the Reset Quest feature, even if you're level 60). This not an intended bonus of Reset Quest.
    While we are fixing the bug with the Skeleton King, we've definitely heard player feedback that it's nice to receive a guaranteed Legendary item for killing a boss after using the Reset Quest feature. We as developers like it, too, but feel that the Skeleton King is the wrong place for it. So, we're going to add that guaranteed Legendary drop to Diablo. Again, this would be a bonus for using the Reset Quest feature and playing the campaign all the way through--even at level 60.
    We're also revisiting drops for all Act bosses after using Reset Quest. We agree that seeing all blues drop just feels bad. =/
    Last edited by Bisso; 2014-03-11 at 02:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

Didn't see that one. Thank you

well, it seems like it is for Today, just got the patch to download and in the patch note was the change from SK guaranteed legendary to Diablo

I do find that the damage, healing and toughness numbers are very very misleading. Healing as a stat massively overvalues life after kill and life from orbs. Toughness doesn't really equate to how much survival you have in real terms because it overvalues life and undervalues resists, it also ignore factors like "less damage from ranged/melee/elites". Same with the damage, It's not taking into account bonuses like damage to elites, demons or the new bonus damage (fire/poisen/physical % etc) on gear.

I've 2 Barbarions

1. My original using mostly pre-2.0 gear - Yesterday had 105k damage and 350k toughness. Around 30k life
    2. My 2nd barb now using mostly loot 2.0 gear.. Yesterday had 105k damage 1,480,000 toughness. Around 130k life

My original barb however had both better survival (yep even with over 1.1mil less toughness) and damage in actual practice, because of higher resists, reduced damage from elites/melee etc. I really wish they didn't bother with the toughness factor because it just makes things harder to figure out when comparing items quickly, and I wish there was a more detailed way of analysing your damage.... Too many "invisible" damage factors about.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2014-03-11 at 03:08 PM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

10+ Year Old Account
    I reset my game a few times before they fixed the SK drops. I never got pants from him but I got other legendaries, a ring (leoric's signet), 1-handed xbow (dawn) and a chest piece. Also did this on my Wizard once and only got gloves.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

Quote Originally Posted by Elggur View Post
    well, it seems like it is for Today, just got the patch to download and in the patch note was the change from SK guaranteed legendary to Diablo
    Thanks. This is what I wanting to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    I do find that the damage, healing and toughness numbers are very very misleading. Healing as a stat massively overvalues life after kill and life from orbs. Toughness doesn't really equate to how much survival you have in real terms because it overvalues life and undervalues resists, it also ignore factors like "less damage from ranged/melee/elites". Same with the damage, It's not taking into account bonuses like damage to elites, demons or the new bonus damage (fire/poisen/physical % etc) on gear.

I've 2 Barbarions

1. My original using mostly pre-2.0 gear - Yesterday had 105k damage and 350k toughness. Around 30k life
    2. My 2nd barb now using mostly loot 2.0 gear.. Yesterday had 105k damage 1,480,000 toughness. Around 130k life

My original barb however had both better survival (yep even with over 1.1mil less toughness) and damage in actual practice, because of higher resists, reduced damage from elites/melee etc. I really wish they didn't bother with the toughness factor because it just makes things harder to figure out when comparing items quickly, and I wish there was a more detailed way of analysing your damage.... Too many "invisible" damage factors about.
    What does this even have to do with my post? Wrong thread?

Signature Created by Jassinta

I've 2 Barbarions

Yeah, I was actually thinking about posting a suggestion on official forums for a way to "filter" some of the healing components, or straight up just change what to look for in item comparision.

Option1, giving players a way to filter out some components, like Healt per kill. And have the Healing recalculated without that component in mind (so you can actually just have Health per Hit if you desire so in your Healing Stat), and have the items comparisions reflect those change.

Option2, decide what is been compared, replace the whole healing thing by just Life per hit, or replace toughness by just Armor, replace Damage by Crit chance, etc.

and yes, it's off topic

Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    Thanks. This is what I wanting to know.

What does this even have to do with my post? Wrong thread?
    Wrong thread yep, no idea how that happened, I was reading the barb post!

What does one have to do to make this work? What's the step by step here?

Oh nm, lol, just reset quests and play through.

Will reset quests make me lose the ability to choose from the list until i complete the game again?
    Last edited by iamthedevil; 2014-03-11 at 07:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    What does one have to do to make this work? What's the step by step here?
    Go to your quests in the game settings before you make it, click reset quests and then play up to Skele King. He will drop a legendary guarenteed. It takes more like 30-60mins tho at the very least. 15mins is the super optimist!

Go to your quests in the game settings before you make it, click reset quests and then play up to Skele King. He will drop a legendary guarenteed. It takes more like 30-60mins tho at the very least. 15mins is the super optimist!
    Will that make me lose the ability to choose farther quest spots? Until i finish them again?

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    Will that make me lose the ability to choose farther quest spots? Until i finish them again?
    Yes.

The real burning question is why didn't this patch fix 2H legendary DPS rolls.

Edit - Please note that this patch did make it so SK does not drop the guaranteed legendary anymore; it's on Diablo now so you actually have to run a full clear.

Keep in mind though, that if you just want to farm legendaries by yourself you may consider just bolt-clearing the game from start ot finish with "reset quests" on normal difficulty as the legendary drops will still be 60 since drops are based on the level of the game-creating character.

If you have well-geared friends, I'd say just farm on T6 in a group for legendaries.
    Signature dunked by a lame MMO Champ robot.