Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Beyond that, it shouldn't be hard to understand why people might not object to a $10 one time cost outlay but would have issues with an increase in what they pay every month. The principle behind the cost increases might be the same, but the amount is different.

"If you don't have issues with a $10 price hike, then you shouldn't have issues with a $100 price hike, because the principle is the same, right?"
    Sadly though, if you were to take that 10$ and split it up over the monthly fee(so that you don't pay any more, just smaller amounts and monthly) some people would have a problem with that. They see price increase and don't actually think about what they're paying.

For all intents and purposes the two are the same, but a significant amount of people will never see that. Most can't look past the fact that it's a price increase and ignoring what it actually entails.

Deleted
    I'm not upset about the price but I can understand those people.
    It almost has the price of a new ps or x box game and you pay a monthly fee. sure there are new features etc but that's what you get for any new game not to mention that they used time from mop to make wod.
    no (nearly) last patch dungeons (like zul'gurub, well of eternity etc), no new raid boss(es) (the ruby sanctum) to fill this big gap

To all the people complaining about how expensive WoD is.. Are you really THAT broke?

If you are then go to Wal-Mart and buy a 24 box of Ramen noodles for $5 (~21cents each.) This will serve as 24 meals!! Instead that fast food thats anywhere from $7-$10 you can eat Ramen. This will save you anywhere from $120 and $240 from just eating habits!

But seriously, $50 is NOT that much and if you are struggling with money that bad why are you playing a game that costs $15 a month in the first place?

Anyways... all the people complaining about how expensive it is and saying that they aren't going to buy it.. I'll see you in WoD!

Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    There is zero evidence that Blizzard had any intention of moving toward a free to play model. Only self delusion could convince anyone that Blizzard was moving in that direction.
    Blizzards free to play model will still require the purchase of the base game and expansions, it would be stupid of them not to.

I don't understand the "WoD has less" comments. Yes, there are fewer brand new features but I don't see how that equates to less in all, especially considering that we don't know how much there will be at this point since no one has seen the whole expansion.

Deleted
    I think the WoD price is high and D3 ROS also. (doesn't affect my purchases)

1. They call it a "Expansion pack". Its just considered normal in the gaming world, usually, that expansion packs dont cost the same as a full game, since if you are a new player you need to get the previous games for it to work.
    2. We already pay a monthly subscription that in theory helps us get more content.

I find it alot more understandable on D3... Since they force us to be connected to battlenet they also get more fixed costs with holding the servers... Still, they shouldnt need that extra revenue from every single player.

I pre-ordered ROS and ill do the same with WoD. Im not complaining, thats just how it is actually. Making a topic about it and reading the "hate" towards the supposedly "Haters" seems to me, the real overkill here compared to the prices.

EDIT: Sometimes less is more. Up to Blizzard to make that judgement.

Fun thing is, even with all the complaining ppl will still buy WoD :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know why people always bring up inflation, as it's mostly fictitious. Inflation has been decided almost entirely by super-massive corporations for decades, I mean all you have to do is check rates in which wages and in which prices increase, you'll notice the latter is rising far faster. Nine times out of Ten when a price is raised for "inflation" it's in order to maintain or expand ridiculously high profit margins.

Quote Originally Posted by eriktheviking View Post
    WoD will have more PvE endgame than ESO and it's cheaper. No one is complaining about ESO, right?
    content is relative, WoD doesn't really bring much new, 90% on WoWs content is just slight variations. Basically WoWs content has not changed much yes there is more to do but its still the same stuff over and over with a different paint job. Plus to Play WoW if your a fresh player you need to spend £60 to buy all the games including WoD, ESO is £50 for a brand new game.

I believe with a sub based game all features should be free, some things like occasional free transfers from any server and such should come free with a sub based game, its fully automated now which is just a licence for blizz to print easy money.

Quote Originally Posted by Nahmee View Post
    To summarize why people are complaining.

People love to complain.

That is all.

WoD has plenty of new features and a very slightly raised price. Perish the thought WoW raises it's price once in 10 years for an XPac and suddenly the sky is falling.

But I'll probably get called a fanboy for having some sensibility.
    25% is not slight by any means--it's pretty damned major! Don't claim that calling 25% slight is having sense. Just makes you look foolish.

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    PRINCIPLES oh my god, it isn't about the 10 dollars. christ's sake.
    What principles? That you think an xpac should cost now what it did 10 years ago? the game costs money to develop and maintain, I really think most of you fail to understand how any business works. It's not greedy, its logical.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arberian View Post
    Seriously:
    A new Planet(Draenor) + New Character Models + Garrisons +More Bag Space + New Quests + New Dungeons + New Talents + New Raids + New Scenarios + Ability Bonuses + 10 New Levels + Character Boost + ( a lot of new features)....
    Does this mean nothing to the players ?! Blizzard employees have done a hard work here. A whole new leveling experience ... A new planet... It costs more than 45$. 45$ are nothing compared with this. Seriously the WoD Price must be 50$-65$ .
    Some people write only bullshit based on nothing for the price of WoD .
    Character models isn't WoD related and the 90 boost only applies to those that pre-order. In reality, all WoD is bring is more leveling, more dungeons, more raids and IMO useless features that don't benefit the game. Now ask me how that's any different from TBC, Wotlk, Cata or MoP. You're just an obvious fanboy who can't take 2 steps back to see this from an overall perspective. TBC won countless awards and blizzard could have raised the price right then and there for Wotlk, but they didn't... why? Because they knew making an expansion for a PC game cost more than $40 is absolutely absurd. It's the fact that the game has been on the slow decline for the past couple years, yet they have the audacity to just jack the price up by a quarter of the original??? I won't stop them from increasing the price, but I sure as hell won't be buying WoD if that's what they assumed I would do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Meredi View Post
    What principles? That you think an xpac should cost now what it did 10 years ago? the game costs money to develop and maintain, I really think most of you fail to understand how any business works. It's not greedy, its logical.
    I'm sorry, can you inform us what our constant $12.99 fee goes towards or for some $15 a month??? Is that for them to wipe the snot from their noses or something? I could have swore they used it to maintain the game and help with development, I must be crazy.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by godofslack View Post
    I don't know why people always bring up inflation, as it's mostly fictitious. Inflation has been decided almost entirely by super-massive corporations for decades, I mean all you have to do is check rates in which wages and in which prices increase, you'll notice the latter is rising far faster. Nine times out of Ten when a price is raised for "inflation" it's in order to maintain or expand ridiculously high profit margins.
    Actually it is so that people in shit jobs stay there so all the medial labor gets done and rich people don't have to do it themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    Character models isn't WoD related and the 90 boost only applies to those that pre-order.
    Actually it is, just because it won't require WoD to use doesn't mean it's not funded by expansion sales.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    I'm sorry, can you inform us what our constant $12.99 fee goes towards or for some $15 a month??? Is that for them to wipe the snot from their noses or something? I could have swore they used it to maintain the game and help with development, I must be crazy.
    Server maintenance and customer support.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nahmee View Post
    To summarize why people are complaining.

People love to complain.

That is all.

WoD has plenty of new features and a very slightly raised price. Perish the thought WoW raises it's price once in 10 years for an XPac and suddenly the sky is falling.

But I'll probably get called a fanboy for having some sensibility.
    its not that the sky is falling, but a mere coincidence, and a very badly timed one at that. sure 10 dollars is not much, and you can argue that WoD has a lot of content (or doesnt, i dont care its not the point).

past expansions have all had system changes. things that you get regardless of if you by the expansion or not. somebody was nice enough to bold these things in post #10 on the first page. WoD will get these.

past expansions have all had their unique features. things you cant play around with until you upgrade to that expansion. WoD will have some of these as well.

but here is the trick: WoD is the first expansion to ever offer a character upgrade (a $60 service fee without the expac). which happens to be the same expansion they decided to increase the price of. this is the really badly timed coincidence. they give us nothing more than past expansion but a free character upgrade, then add $10 more to the price. and thats why we have people complaining.

edit: in other countries their taxes fluctuate making it appear as though the prices per expansion have not been the same. but here in the states our prices have not changed in 10 years. thus adding to the badly timed coincidence of price hike + character boost = RAWR RAGE!!
    Last edited by Sinndra; 2014-03-11 at 04:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NuLogic View Post
    Server maintenance and customer support.
    Customer support... u funny!

I actually like the price and think it is well more than fair. I will prob be buying the digital deluxe plus a hard copy of the collectors edition.
    And why i think any price is far.
    You get 2 not 1 but 2 free 90s with the pre order which = $120 plus a game for only $50
    or
    2 free 90s plus a mount and a pet = $160 plus a game for $70
    So if you want to get down to the actual dollar signs they are paying us to play the expansion.
    Yes i know well they said free lvl 90 yes but did they have to give us a free 90 NO.

Deleted
    Because it is an steep increase in price for an addon that compared to previously released addons doesn't bring that much. And as it is blizz addons are already quite expensive.
    And ontop of that it is a subscription based game. Now for returning players they get to milk them a bit more upfront before they eventually drop the game because of lack of content.
    But for new players the game becomes quite pricy to start with somehow, you will need a battlechest and mop addon and then on top of that wod addon that easily ends up being 80 euros with 15 euros for the cheast 20 for mop and 45 for wod. Of course you might just go around buying those things in shops instead of the blizz shop but still quite xpensive to start playing the game.

p.s. Honestly the char upgrade to 90 is fixed at a price that blizz themselves fixed it at. For me personally it is not worth 60 dollars. for other people it might be. But of course I've got enough chars now a days that a free 90 boost is worthless to me because I do not need more max level chars.

more or less it is a question about is the product worth the price that I am paying for it. It is not about being broke it is about getting your moneys worth.
    Last edited by mmoc30cfcfeceb; 2014-03-11 at 04:39 PM.

Inflation had to happen at some point. The cost of living has raised so prices are adjusted. Fact.