Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Yeah, D3 at release was fun, but really, really broken in a lot of ways. They've fixed it up a whole ton now, and this is honestly what the game should have been like when they first released it.

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    I would not recommend ever buying it to be honest. Hell I got it for free and feel ripped off.
    And you just had to come onto a forum to complain about how much you hate something that you got for free...just overflowing with humbleness, aren't you?

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    I would not recommend ever buying it to be honest. Hell I got it for free and feel ripped off.
    I hated the game back in 1.x.x now I'm enjoying it very much

@op its 20 bucks now too on sale... well at least for US. if you want to give it a go its definitely worth it for 20bucks.

Okay, absolute honest opinion here: I absolutely and 110% HATED Diablo 3 when it came out. I was pressured into buying it. I had fun playing and getting to Diablo the first time, and killing him with a friend. That was around level 20-30 (Can't remember) Then I found out all you get to do is DO IT ALL OVER AGAIN. That was it. The whole game was rinse and repeated. I logged out and the day after uninstalled it. Absolutely hated it.

Okay, good news though! They have updated it. I can't put my finger on it exactly, but they've changed it now to where I'm so addicted to it, I'm missing sleep. I now have 3 60s and so close to getting my Paragon level 100 and then working past 100. For starters, I think some of the enjoyment comes from the fact you can now choose your difficulty at ease. It's not "complete this campaign and then you can do it all over again on a harder difficulty." You can now select any quest (I think you were able to before also, but I'm not sure) and then you just get a list of difficulties, Torment being the hardest. Then when on Torment, you can bump the difficulty from Torment 1-6 to better increase XP gain and drop rates and whatnot. I really like this feature, I'm not even 100% why. It just makes it more enjoyable.

Anyway, I'd say try it and see what you think. It may be a little off putting at first if you don't like grinding, but the customizing of your abilities/builds is really fun.

It all depends if you like the genre of endless loot hunting in co op or solo play.

If you do, it simply is a must buy at 20 dollars these days. And add the expansion on top !

I still am angry they deleted the Gold Ah in hardcore, but I have to admit it, the newest version 2.1 is indeed dynamite.

The only way I would play it is hardcore. Perma death is awesome. Of course you take a softcore class to play along to avoid too high risks.

D3 is limited though. No trading in the end game means the game has an end. Try hardcore mode and kill the last boss at max level. that's it for me.

Good for a few hundred hours in playing several classes in hardcore, but it is not an MMORPG.

No trading killed the endless end game, but if you can live with that, the game is great.

9/10.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    And you just had to come onto a forum to complain about how much you hate something that you got for free...just overflowing with humbleness, aren't you?
    That's a weird way of thinking. Just because something's free doesn't mean it's a good product.
    Strength Determination Merciless Forever

Armory

Deleted
    I enjoyed D3 for a couple of weeks, playing with my friends. However, it got stale real quick. No incentive to play around with builds, keep having to run the same story over and over etc.
    I'm glad they're introducing an 'endgame'-system, akin to the mapping system in PoE and Torchlight2. I'm enjoying the different attributes legendary equipment has as well. I'm definitely going to buy, however, my friends are not, so I'm not sure how long it stays fun.

Quote Originally Posted by DStrukt View Post
    Can the PC version be played with full controller support yet? Seeing as the console versions are now released, I see why not
    No, it cannot. The only thing we really lack by not having controller support is the ability to dodge. Other than that the game plays perfectly fine as it is.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    D3 is limited though. No trading in the end game means the game has an end...

No trading killed the endless end game, but if you can live with that, the game is great.
    Huh, I had the exact opposite thought: Now there is an actual endgame where I farm the items, not the gold to buy them, or dodge the farming by buying the items with real money, which removes all reason to play the game since it's revolved around getting better items as an "endgame".

Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    No, it cannot. The only thing we really lack by not having controller support is the ability to dodge. Other than that the game plays perfectly fine as it is.
    Wait what? Does the console version have some actual dodge mechanic built into it? Other than just moving away from the hit?
    Last edited by mmocb00de5a34b; 2014-03-13 at 12:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Complaining where? Why should I be humble? I am not complaining at all, I am simply making the suggestion in response to the OP's question. He asked if others felt it was worth buying. I am simply giving my input to his question. There was no need for your ridiculous comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Grxlturd View Post
    Huh, I had the exact opposite thought: Now there is an actual endgame where I farm the items, not the gold to buy them, or dodge the farming by buying the items with real money, which removes all reason to play the game since it's revolved around getting better items as an "endgame".
    That's because I talked about the old hardcore version where everyone ... died. And so the Gold only economy in hardcore was a remarkable and a pretty unique achievement. I had the Cain's complete Legendary plan dropped on me and so I could craft endlessly that EXP boost leveling gear for all those ... future .... dead avatars.

It was something unique. I called it a small EVE like economy with sudden death combined with a dungeon crawler. The same applied to all those gems etc you could craft. All these things vanished from the game once an avatar wearing them died ...

You have NO idea how exciting this kind of game play really was. And no, despite having a good game now in patch 2.1, the excitement of crafting things and selling them on the AH for the guys in DIRE need to equip their dying avatars was far better. I grinded for mats instead of chasing for some green + stats.

D3 patch 1.08 was a wet dream coming true in hardcore.

You also played D3 forever as the game in hardcore went forever (and its economy).

D3 new version is simply ended once you reach 70 and down the final boss with ease. As trading is dead.

I understand now that Blizzard will only make games for the masses. Hardcore Gold only economy was too niche. Sad.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2014-03-13 at 01:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Araxie View Post
    Okay, absolute honest opinion here: I absolutely and 110% HATED Diablo 3 when it came out. I was pressured into buying it. I had fun playing and getting to Diablo the first time, and killing him with a friend. That was around level 20-30 (Can't remember) Then I found out all you get to do is DO IT ALL OVER AGAIN. That was it. The whole game was rinse and repeated. I logged out and the day after uninstalled it. Absolutely hated it.

Okay, good news though! They have updated it. I can't put my finger on it exactly, but they've changed it now to where I'm so addicted to it, I'm missing sleep. I now have 3 60s and so close to getting my Paragon level 100 and then working past 100. For starters, I think some of the enjoyment comes from the fact you can now choose your difficulty at ease. It's not "complete this campaign and then you can do it all over again on a harder difficulty." You can now select any quest (I think you were able to before also, but I'm not sure) and then you just get a list of difficulties, Torment being the hardest. Then when on Torment, you can bump the difficulty from Torment 1-6 to better increase XP gain and drop rates and whatnot. I really like this feature, I'm not even 100% why. It just makes it more enjoyable.

Anyway, I'd say try it and see what you think. It may be a little off putting at first if you don't like grinding, but the customizing of your abilities/builds is really fun.
    Monster Power sort of fixed what you didn't like about the system. Like you I killed Diablo once but half-way through Nightmare the game had gotten ridiculously easy (maybe I was lucky with drops) so I quit. When I went back many months later and started dabbling with Monster Power it was much, much better (although I think 2.0 brought a better balance between monster health and monster damage, previously mobs could crumple like paper then suddenly hut you with a massive damage spike.

I do miss the sense of progression I got playing through from Normal to Inferno, and I think killing Diablo on Inferno was a good finishing post to say you had "completed" the game with a character, but I understand why they simplified the system to make it more intuitive.

Quote Originally Posted by Grxlturd View Post
    The end-game seems pretty much the same to me, kill monsters forever and get an upgrade every 4 or 5 bagfuls of loot. Having brown text on my upgrades instead of yellow hasn't made it that much more exciting. I do like the interesting stats we're getting since loot 2.0 but the existence of the Auction House doesn't really affect that and a downside of the "smart-loot" system is it makes it much harder to equip alts and companions (although the alts issue is offset by the Paragon points it seems less satisfying to me).

Wait what? Does the console version have some actual dodge mechanic built into it? Other than just moving away from the hit?
    The right thumb-stick allows you to dodge in any direction.

It's off topic but on the subject of trading I do feel Blizz went in the wrong direction by killing it off. Everything being account bound spoils the co-op nature of the game and being able to share gear with your friends, a core element to Diablo. They should have found a middle ground. They have improved gear drops to make them drop useful stats more often, but it has already reached the point for me where most everything is useless, but now also the point where most everything that drops is the exact same.

They have essencially taking away endgame and made the game more shallow and more of a single player experience... I do feel that though as a straight pick up and play casual experience the new patch is a big improvement, after a while it will show some gaping big flaws as people find themselves fully legendary geared with nothing to do after 2 weeks and no real economy system in place.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    It's off topic but on the subject of trading I do feel Blizz went in the wrong direction by killing it off. Everything being account bound spoils the co-op nature of the game and being able to share gear with your friends, a core element to Diablo. They should have found a middle ground. They have improved gear drops to make them drop useful stats more often, but it has already reached the point for me where most everything is useless, but now also the point where most everything that drops is the exact same.

They have essencially taking away endgame and made the game more shallow and more of a single player experience... I do feel that though as a straight pick up and play casual experience the new patch is a big improvement, after a while it will show some gaping big flaws as people find themselves fully legendary geared with nothing to do after 2 weeks and no real economy system in place.
    Most of the players will agree with you once RoS is in its 4th week after launch.

They COULD have used several solutions to save the trading:

1. Allow only mats trading (like gems and basic crafting mats). They had an excellent automatic mats trading system in the AH. Make it available again with only GOLD and you can have a pretty good crafting economy.

2. More advanced but VERY good solution: Make ALL gear free AND keep the Gold AH... just like before but ... ONCE you buy it from the AH ... make it BO Account, so it can no longer be traded a second time and SO the gear would leave the economy for good (something like the hardcore when avatars died with their gear on).

Solution 2 with the new great loot system 2.1 would have been AWESOME. Everyone would continue to grind even long after being gear capped or downed the last bosses just to be able to trade...

It was never the Gold AH as such that broke D3. it was the fact the loot system was terrible at launch and the RMAH interfered with gold trading.

As I can testify: the hardcore version worked because gear went away with each new death and so the treadmill worked endlessly.

------
    The reason Blizzard didn't choose solution one or two was simple: they managed to do a PR stunt by screaming "deleting the AH".

In the long run though they certainly killed the end game of the new D3 as the game will now end as soon as you can comfortably kill the mobs and bosses without the possibility of trading.

The only solution now is taking every class to max level and down the content. That's it. The challenge of hardcore stays, but the trading is gone as a long term goal. While the "new" D3 is a great game in combat mechanics, the absence of any form of decent trading will hurt this game so much in the long run.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2014-03-13 at 07:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by plantation View Post
    Bored and need a new game. Did the new expansion make much of a difference? I never played the "vanilla" edition but heard it was pretty bad.
    Vanilla was fun. 2.0 made it a lot better imo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    It's off topic but on the subject of trading I do feel Blizz went in the wrong direction by killing it off. Everything being account bound spoils the co-op nature of the game and being able to share gear with your friends, a core element to Diablo.
    I never understood this line of thought.

Only legendaries are account bound. And in a co-op game, there is a 2-hour window when you can trade gear. So no, it isn't "killed off".

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    It was never the Gold AH as such that broke D3.
    Expanding this.

AH by itself wasn't the problem - it was AH + bad itemization. Atm, playing feels rewarding; you can play, farm, and get good items. There is literally no need to use AH.

Given this, i only welcome the fact that Legendaries are automatically BoA. As said by Fhi, you can play with friends and give them what you don't need, even for free (and i did this a lot of times). The AH can be easily a commodity to trade yellow items, materials and gems but still all orange items need to be out of the system.

Any form of cutting the farming run will just shorten the lifespan of the game. The end goal of Diablo (and basically any ARPG) is to farm to get gear to farm better to get better gear. Killing the last boss is just a tiny thing that has basically no value.

If the best way to progress with your character is to buy the gear, there's a fundamental flaw in game design.

AH closure is for sure an extreme decision and for sure there are ways to make it work. Just it's better NOW for the game to just get rid of it and fix its core. When the core system works, then they can expand the features and i kinda expect for the AH to make a return as a commodity described above.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

I also fear that BOA will effect the game badly. Diablo is a trading game; You have never seen a goodly geared dude inn Diablo2, without that person has been trading.

I just can't see how BOA works inn the longer run..Unless legendary drop % are pretty high, and variabels aint crap. Cause like...if you farm for 200 hours and you still haven't gotten thoes legendary's that really matter that sucks...
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Well, the fact is that most if not all legendaries now matter - apart sets with their bonuses many of them have great special affixes that most of the times count more than raw stats.

As for drops, they sure as hell are higher than before; also the affixes have a much narrower range of rolls so even if you drop the minimum stats you are not getting a bad item.

Also adding: keep in mind that the comparisons as for now are really screwed; a lot of old gear have huge amounts of crit damage that boosts dps quite a lot. New items have much less amounts of this stat and especially for weapons it's very difficult to find upgrades. At level 70 when everyone will have replaced their items (higher stat rolls, toughness scaling with increasing levels) you will look at a more leveled ground compared to now, and an easier time to see what's an upgrade and whatnot.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Re: trading - people seem to be misinformed to think it's impossible to trade items with your 'friends' but the reality is that groups can trade items together. It adds a further incentive to group play, even if random, as you get 4x the chances of finding something that is valuable and can hash out deals with people in real time. No more lobby trade, black market website shenanigans. Just play with people, trade with people, win.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Fhi View Post
    I never understood this line of thought.

Only legendaries are account bound. And in a co-op game, there is a 2-hour window when you can trade gear. So no, it isn't "killed off".
    Only Legendaries are account bound, but after 2 days playing the game since the patch only Legendaries have any value whatsoever in 2.0. The 2 hour window is useless in the long term, they should allow all accounts present in the game to always be able to use the item, not just for 2 hours. Diablo is a trading and sharing game, that aspect is gone.

The concept of giving an item to your friend when you're done with it, it's gone and the 2h window does not help that. Yellows that drop in the world are really weak compared to Legendaries, they simply cannot spawn with anywhere near as much stats and the Yellows that are good are BOA crafted items.

Ultimately it's no good being able to trade yellows when yellows are useless compared to the BOA Legendaries.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4