Shadowburn: nerf or bug?

I just did Protectors on my Warlock and my Shadowburn wasn't returning embers for killing adds on the fight - misery, gloom, sorrow or those two during Sun's desperation. Is this a hidden nerf or just a bug after the maintenance? Anyone else also experienced this or am I just seeing things?

It's been like that for a while I believe, certainly last few times I have done it.

And I noticed you don't get back shadowburn embers from kor'kron jailers in Thok fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    the "adds" on protectors are more of illusions and thus not technically mobs/trash that would generate embers. I think that is BS but that has been since ever.

i've seen for a while that certin add mobs just dont count as far as shadowburn is concerned..

10+ Year Old Account
    The adds on protectors don't actually die - they float back up into the air after going to 1 hp. I've never bothered to check the jailers on thok, usually worried about something else at that point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Protector adds do not count as "deaths". Soul Reaper/Execute glyph, ect do not proc on em.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by shadofall View Post
    i've seen for a while that certin add mobs just dont count as far as shadowburn is concerned..
    You don't actually kill the mobs. You beat their health down and then they leap back up in the sky. No fatality = no ember =(

Quote Originally Posted by Zaroch View Post
    And I noticed you don't get back shadowburn embers from kor'kron jailers in Thok fight.
    Also the first two pandarens that come out of the green boxes in the Spoils.

Yeah I know about the jailers, but I do remember sniping those protector adds with Shadowburn before to get embers.
    Oh well I guess my memory is playing with me.