Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...you-OK-with-it

I see that not many people voted at all, so it might not be representative for the community, but still depressing
    Wow

That explains a lot. Maybe if those people with no friends tried to be less obnoxious they'd have someone to call a friend.

You have to be a friend to have a friend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jevlin View Post
    MMO-C is the depressing retirement home of world of warcraft. This is where all the old and retired players come to die.
    I have to admit, I laughed really hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    I'm not really sure if this is the right place or if it's even appropriate for the forums but I need to get this off my chest.

Why are you all so bitter? I know it's not everyone but the vast majority of people on this forum are angry about something or another. I'm new to this forum as my post count will tell you but that still hasn't stopped me from seeing the seething bitterness.
    Because if you admit you are happy, they will lock you away.

Deleted
    A bitter thread about bitter people. That's life...

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not really sure if this is the right place or if it's even appropriate for the forums but I need to get this off my chest.

Why are you all so bitter? I know it's not everyone but the vast majority of people on this forum are angry about something or another. I'm new to this forum as my post count will tell you but that still hasn't stopped me from seeing the seething bitterness.

It's like you're playing the game for the sake of playing. If you don't enjoy it you need to exit to the left.

I for one still find this game well worth my time and sub.
    Short answer: yes, they are.

Long answer: Anarch.

It's like you're playing the game for the sake of playing. If you don't enjoy it you need to exit to the left.

The forums are populated by a wide variety of peoples, but two groups dominate:

The immature, teenagers and pre-teens come onto the forums and do what every young person does (I was no exception), they try to talk about things they don't understand or have an informed opinion on. Whether it's class balance, game direction, or as is often the case here, politics.

The older, but not 'old' crowd. This is the group that I fit into, early 20's to about 30. My group is (usually) more thoughtful in our opinions and balanced in our discourse... but if we have a weakness, it's dealing with the first group. People in my group (including myself) get annoyed easily when forced to argue with someone who CAN'T understand because they are too young to believe anything but their own opinion.

This isn't always the case, you have mature young people and immature 'older' people; but generally these facts remain true. This causes the older group to lash out against the younger group. Think about it this way, if you've ever been to a Thanksgiving or other family group event (depending on your country or traditions), you probably like seeing the younger kids from your family. Often however, they get on your nerves after a while, they talk about nonsense, they think they are funny when they are only funny to another younger person with their maturity level. These are family members, people you're obligated to (and hopefully WANT to) like. When forced to deal with the same from someone you have no connection to via a forum, where they often take anonymity as an excuse to be even more vitriolic, and it's not surprising that you don't have the same willingness to humor them.

So here's where the loudness and hostility comes from:

The younger group shouts and harasses when they don't get their way.
    The older group shouts and harasses the younger group for being (in their opinion) immature.

Of course people get in other debates and arguments as well, but maturity is a pretty major undercurrent, and (I would argue) the main friction point in nearly any modern gaming forum.
    Last edited by Rhaide; 2014-03-13 at 12:51 PM.
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis

Forums are a place to share an opinion, and most people share an opinion when they feel something is wrong, or at least to share their frustration.

I mean, name me one forum where every topic is "everything is perfect"

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    The Lego Movie forums....everything is awesome there.
    Thanks for the laugh.
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis

10+ Year Old Account

I agree that there is a bad element always attached to game forums. The official site is a much larger cesspool than most. In saying that, I also have to acknowledge that some players are just very opinionated and have NO SOCIAL SKILLS when it comes to expressing that opinion. Rather than stating their opinion in a clear, concise, and professional demeanor, it is easier to misread what someone wrote and fly off the handle with flame and insults.
    Someone who cannot debate without insult, cannot debate.
    I don't know who said it, but it rings true. The louder you yell at someone, and the more you passive aggressively (or aggressively) insult them, the weaker your argument becomes. Ultimately, at the end of the day, it is easier to not go for bait topics, report the offenders, and stick to the topic of the thread. As someone who has gained a lifetime ban from the official forums, I know this all too well. I got into a heated discussion with a known troll, I let them bait me, and I lost it. That was 2 years ago.

Everyone will have an opinion. People should debate the opinion, not insult the opinion holder.

Deleted
    Many people use the internet to vent/ cause strife behind a java mask, turning them into the trolls this internet deserves, but not the trolls it needs. Certain forums are basically shining a floodlight into the sky with Trollface instead of a batman logo. They flock to them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your comments on here come off as unnecessarily hostile and(or) agitated. If I meet you IRL and you answered my questions or talked to me in the same manner you do on here, I'd wouldn't give you the time of day.

Say and do what you want on here, though. Not my concern at the least.
    And I would never ask for it. People hate me. Do I care? Fuck no. Their problem. I am straight forward. If I have an issue with you then you sure as hell will know. If I don't have an issue I wouldn't bother talking to you and most the time just ignore you.
    Last edited by Airwaves; 2014-03-13 at 01:24 PM.
    Aye mate

The edgy/too cool for school types like you make me laugh every time.

#Emo4lyfe
    There are so many things wrong in this post, it's incredible. Hint: Hating MLP isn't edgy.

The Lego Movie forums....everything is awesome there.
    You know...I deliberately wrote "perfect" for that very reason :P

Quote Originally Posted by Nalira View Post
    People will always complain.
    You are absolutely right, take the OP for example.

It's good to be bitter about things. It keeps you from hyping shit up and then being crushed when something sucks.

People usually vent in-game and on forums. That is normal and you should accept that as a fact and expect every1 to yell at you or give u shit arguments on the same basis on why dogs lick their balls. It's cause they can.

On the other hand why do u enjoy being a victim? Take it like a man and walk away.

10+ Year Old Account
    the angriest people are the ones on the forums.

theres heaps of happy people in game as far as i can tell anyway.
    Hi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    the angriest people are the ones on the forums.

theres heaps of happy people in game as far as i can tell anyway.
    We're an endangered species here on the forums, be it MmoC or elsewhere.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not bitter, I just enjoy raining on Bitter peoples parade

Deleted
    Grumble grumble.