10+ Year Old Account

Try-Me Mode: best idea ever?

So reading the Systems preview over on Hero Nexus, one part REALLY stood out for me:

"Heroes can be tested out in a single player Try-Me mode before you buy them."

I can't count how many times I've either had to wait a frakkin age for a champ to come on the F2P rotation, or roll the dice and buy it blind to see what they're like... If I knew nothing else of Heroes, this chance alone would make me want to give it a spin.

Am I just easily pleased, or does everyone else think this is a GREAT idea?
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, it's a great idea, and screwing around in that mode is really fun.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    This was one of my favorite things in Smite before it got changed, you were able to do a single 1v1 Joust against a Bot in a simplified version of a lane in the main mode. They sadly took it out in favor of a Renting system (pretty cheap actually) but it was nice to be able to test a god a couple of times before you purchased them.

Glad to see the idea is being used in HotS.
    “The rains have ceased, and we have been graced with another beautiful day. But you are not here to see it.”

Yeah. Definitely big thumbs up from me. Love the idea of trying something out before spending hard earned game-gold on a champion. Don't want to regret that decision later for not actually liking how they play.

Deleted
    Yes one of the best additions a Moba game could ever make

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radux View Post
    Yeah. Definitely big thumbs up from me. Love the idea of trying something out before spending hard earned game-gold on a champion. Don't want to regret that decision later for not actually liking how they play.
    I think it will work out well for Blizzard, too. I'm sure more people will buy heroes as a result of trying them than people will be turned away by finding out the hero they were interested in wasn't as cool as they expected.

| twitch | bsky
    |

Massive thumbs up with this idea from me. I need to know I like the way the hero feels before I'd even consider shelling out real money for it.

PM Requests are CLOSED | DevArt | TwitchTV | Zen Pigeons

10+ Year Old Account
    Good to see it's not just me got to say when I heard Blizz were making a MOBA I was kinda excited, but I've sunk a fair amount of time and money into LoL, so I wasn't thinking of jumping ship right away...

But the more I see about the game the more crazy psyched I get .

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Yes, it's a great idea, and screwing around in that mode is really fun.
    Judging by your reply... You've had some hands on testing time? IF that answer is Yes, have you tried the "quests" out yet? If so... What are they ?

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Judging by your reply... You've had some hands on testing time? IF that answer is Yes, have you tried the "quests" out yet? If so... What are they ?
    I have not tried quests yet. Streams are up now so maybe we'll know very soon.

Edit: Okay so the quests are mostly obvious stuff, win match, play co-op, kill minions, etc.
    Last edited by Tziva; 2014-03-14 at 06:21 AM.

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah well, Here's to hoping the somewhat grandly title 'Epic Hero Quests' are a bit more... epic

Daily Quests being "Win a game" or "win 2 games with Assassins" is fine, because they're a grind, no one wants to jump through hoops for what is essentially Heroes version of First Win of the Day , but fingers crossed the epic hero quests are a tiny bit more involved.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Ah well, Here's to hoping the somewhat grandly title 'Epic Hero Quests' are a bit more... epic

Daily Quests being "Win a game" or "win 2 games with Assassins" is fine, because they're a grind, no one wants to jump through hoops for what is essentially Heroes version of First Win of the Day , but fingers crossed the epic hero quests are a tiny bit more involved.
    Those will come when players reach level 10 and 20 I think.

I'm like level 6. So we'll see.

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Awesome, good to know I have a T-rex on the inside I can bug for info

Good luck with the leveling and I'll bug you more once you're 10.

The quests for level 10 are hero specific quests that give you a good deal of experience. Each hero has 6 quests, and the first two are always incredibly easy (hit 10 heroes with an ability). I'm on the third quest for Zeratul, and it's play 10 games with him, so that'll take me a bit longer. No idea what you get when you finish the sixth quest, but I imagine this is building up to something more than experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    A really smart feature that should exist in other MOBAS, like LoL for instance (how anyone manages to make a well informed purchase with the amount of Heroes in that game is beyond me).
    Last edited by Frozen Death Knight; 2014-03-16 at 01:07 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezekiah View Post
    The quests for level 10 are hero specific quests that give you a good deal of experience. Each hero has 6 quests, and the first two are always incredibly easy (hit 10 heroes with an ability). I'm on the third quest for Zeratul, and it's play 10 games with him, so that'll take me a bit longer. No idea what you get when you finish the sixth quest, but I imagine this is building up to something more than experience.
    IIRC completing your last every hero quest unlocks either a skin, or all the tints for your base skin, can't remember which.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    A really smart feature that should exist in other MOBAS, like LoL for instance (how anyone manages to make a well informed purchase with the amount of Heroes in that game is beyond me).
    We wait fucking MONTHS for them to come on the Free to Play rotation, then spam them for a week