Poll: E-dating

Thread: E-Dating

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

E-Dating

E-dating seems to be more and more populair in games these days, with all your love stories and public break up dramas!
    Have you ever E-dated and if not would you if the occasion would arrise?

I myself probably would not unless it was certaintly going to lead into RL dating. What about you and what is your opinion on E-dating?

10+ Year Old Account
    E-Dating, not even once.

Made the mistake of making my fist character on a rp server. I had no idea what was going on. I exited the game once she/he asked me to lay down on the bed.
    "Let me answer your question with another, How would you feel if you found out you were a potato?"

Nintendo Friend Code 1049-0261-4082 Pokemon Name - Max

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by teebo View Post
    E-Dating, not even once.

Made the mistake of making my fist character on a rp server. I had no idea what was going on. I exited the game once she/he asked me to lay down on the bed.
    So, how many did you try to fist with your fist character?

Quote Originally Posted by teebo View Post
    E-Dating, not even once.

e-Dating is not World of Warcraft e-RPing at all.

On-Topic: I think I recall seeing somewhere that 1 in 5 Relationships tend to start through online dating services these days, which is quite impressive. I don't see any reason that e-Dating is seen as a bad thing, it may feel odd and out of place, but that's because the internet and all it has to offer hasn't been around that long.

Personally I've never used it, but I wouldn't object to using it if I felt it would help find someone I could share some common interests with.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by VoodooGaming View Post
    e-Dating is not World of Warcraft e-RPing at all.

On-Topic: I think I recall seeing somewhere that 1 in 5 Relationships tend to start through online dating services these days, which is quite impressive. I don't see any reason that e-Dating is seen as a bad thing, it may feel odd and out of place, but that's because the internet and all it has to offer hasn't been around that long.

Personally I've never used it, but I wouldn't object to using it if I felt it would help find someone I could share some common interests with.
    I'm not really talking so much about going to a dating site, as those are often meant to turn into RL dating anyway, but more like having your ingame boyfriend/girlfriend and whatever happens next.

Hahah.. Oow you Moon

OT: I'll say no, i don't think it could work out.
    “The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.”

Quote Originally Posted by Hargalaten View Post
    I'm not really talking so much about going to a dating site, as those are often meant to turn into RL dating anyway, but more like having your ingame boyfriend/girlfriend and whatever happens next.
    Oh, I see. I've gotten the wrong end of the stick it seems.

Well, if it helps, my current Girlfriend I've gotten through World of Warcraft, we've played in the same guild for a while and often talked, but recently decided to make things serious. We live in the same country, although the distance is a bit of an issue.

As for strictly in-game partners, never had that and I think that's a little odd.

Am posting this from my super hot greek girlfriend's house. I am Egyptian and we met through league of legends, we are together for 2 good years now and we visit each other very frequently. best thing that has ever happened to me.

I've got no problem with meeting people online and going from there, but I can't justify it if it wouldn't lead to dating IRL. I've gotten close to a couple girls through WoW, one of which I already knew IRL and the other I didn't, and both times were pointless. The first was someone I shouldn't have gotten close to in the first place, and probably wouldn't have if it wasn't for our almost RP adventures in WoW together. And the second doesn't even live in the same country as me, so it wasn't meaningful in the end. So my stance is while it's fine and easy to get close to people online, it doesn't mean anything if it doesn't progress to IRL. Call it a relationship anyway if you want, but it's empty.
    Last edited by Itisamuh; 2014-03-13 at 06:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If by e-dating, you mean meeting and/or getting to know your partner online, then I don't think there's anything wrong with it. There is nothing inherently special or better about meeting someone in person verses the internet.

If by e-dating you mean dating exclusively through the internet, I don't really think that's dating. To me, a genuine romantic relationships requires a level of interaction that is not really possible if it is limited to online, especially if it was further limited to a video game client. This would never even be a consideration for me, much less something I'd take seriously. Cultivating friendship, sure, but in my worldview, if it's limited to online, it's not actually dating.

But meeting someone, getting to know someone, keeping in touch with someone? Fine.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    My girlfriend also found me on an eDating site, after she spotted me in an club a day earlier.
    That was ~4.5 years ago and were still a pair

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    If by e-dating, you mean meeting and/or getting to know your partner online, then I don't think there's anything wrong with it. There is nothing inherently special or better about meeting someone in person verses the internet.

If by e-dating you mean dating exclusively through the internet, I don't really think that's dating. To me, a genuine romantic relationships requires a level of interaction that is not really possible if it is limited to online, especially if it was further limited to a video game client. This would never even be a consideration for me, much less something I'd take seriously. Cultivating friendship, sure, but in my worldview, if it's limited to online, it's not actually dating.

But meeting someone, getting to know someone, keeping in touch with someone? Fine.
    What do you call it then, when people do really care for eachother in more ways than one and are sharing intimate/personal things just the two of them?
    It sounds like something deeper than "But meeting someone, getting to know someone, keeping in touch with someone? Fine. "

10+ Year Old Account
    I met my wife through an Online Dating Site. When you're in your 30s and have weird schedules due to your respective careers it doesn't leave much time for finding romance. I think it's great that sites like this exist...Granted there's always your assholes out there but for the most part it's normal human beings looking for someone to connect with they otherwise would never meet.

Deleted
    Met my girlfriend through a common friend I met on World of Warcraft. He introduced us to each other, and it turned out we were quite into each other. Initially we started off as an Internet-couple, or however you wish to call it, while getting to know each other better. I did visit her and we're a couple now. Best thing ever. : )

As mentioned by Tziva, if it would only be online without ever having a chance of going to real life, I agree that I don't really consider it dating.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Used to, don't really try anymore. Too many folks (I think mainly girls) are timid on there, I don't blame them, most guys send rather creepy messages, so it puts girls on high-guard. =/
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    I don't see anything wrong with it.

Given the chance, i would, but the majority of people i speak with online are just friends; Or rather, E-friends.

But if i were to date someone online, eventually meeting up with them would be required to consider it "Real".

Although the joke's on you, i'm really a corgirapingfiendlookingtopreyupononlinegamergurlz...

Tried it once...distance sucks, sure you get together but you're basically expanding the weeks or whatever into a drawn out relationship. It's like a year of nothing built around a few weeks of anything substantial. Total fuckery. Bitches be way too needy for that kind of contact.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

not my thing ... first impression is important and over the internet you can fake anything you want

Quote Originally Posted by xindralol View Post
    not my thing ... first impression is important and over the internet you can fake anything you want
    i agree

but you're getting faked in person too

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hargalaten View Post
    What do you call it then, when people do really care for eachother in more ways than one and are sharing intimate/personal things just the two of them?
    It sounds like something deeper than "But meeting someone, getting to know someone, keeping in touch with someone? Fine. "
    If it's over the internet? You could say they are a close friend, you could say they are someone you really care about or even have feelings for. You could even call them a potential partner. But to me they're not a partner yet.

That doesn't mean it's not meaningful to people, or that it doesn't have depth. It just means it isn't dating.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |