Thread: spam button

Deleted

spam button

spells i normaly spam like incinirate i use on the mouse wheel. i come to see tho that many use spam buttons on key board buttons instead. when spammin in those two special ways. are the diffrence big enugh to change dps by much or is it just preference?

10+ Year Old Account
    I think a lot of it is down to preference as the GCD is a pretty major limiter; but obviously there are things you don't want to have to reach halfway across your desk for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Purely preference. I don't see how having your spam button on your keyboard or on the mouse really matters.
    Personality: INTJ

“Greatness, at any cost.”

I currently use mousewheel for a stopcast+fel flame as it was a "free" bind after setting up my warlock and meeting Thok for the first time
    on DK however I use it for Frost Strike (dw), which is for me the fastest "reaction bind" to KM procs
    on rogue its sinister strike since that stuff brings spamming to a whole new level
    and for healers its that high manacost low cast time spell each have

My Mouse wheel is for zooming in/out . I just prefer to spam my keyboard, usually my spam buttons are either 3, 4 or 5 depending on class,
    for example my Hunter:
    3 = Explosive shot/Kill Command/Aimed Shot
    4 = Cobra Shot/Steady Shot
    5 = Arcane Shot

Warlock:
    3 = Incinerate
    4 = Immolate
    5 = Conflagrate

I've just found that those 3 keys are the best for spamming if you are using WASD for movement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yup, agree with Tehterokkar on that. '3' is my filler button regardless of class, and then move outward from there depending on frequency I end up pressing it. Tilda is kinda my 'reaction' button for movement spells like Fel Flame or Scorch, or Taunting on my tanks. I bought a Razer Naga a couple of weeks ago, but everything is so baked into muscle memory I'm struggling a bit to get used to it.

Personally, I don't like binding anything to the mouse except movement keys.

I find I move a little drunkenly if I have to be wrapping my thumb around the mouse to reach spells while moving.

I reserve the mouse for moving and keyboard for spells.

10+ Year Old Account
    My spam buttons are always QWE. W for spells and abilities like Frostbolt, Steady Shot and Jab. Basically the "filler" or "generator" spells/abilities. E is my resource-costing-ability spam button. Blackout Kick, Ice Lance and Arcane Shot. Q is always my big damage dealer or random proc ability. Chimera Shot, Rising Sun Kick, Frostfire Bolt, Lava Burst/Elemental Blast for enha.

I prefer the truly spammable abilities to be put on W simply because it doesn't affect my movement since I press it with my middle finger (I move with ASD instead of AWD).

Edit: Oh, sorry, didn't notice this was a warlock thread D:

Oh well, I have played lock in the past. My Chaos Bolt used to be on shift-W, but is now on Q. Incinerate is on W and conflagrate on E. Immolate I believe is on shift-Q.

I could never get used to putting my rotation spells on 1-5, it's so weird and counterintuitive in my opinion. Since I like to keep my fingers on WSAD all the time I tend to use QER instead along with FVCXZ.

It doesn't really matter. Bind spells to buttons that are most convenient for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Yup, agree with Tehterokkar on that. '3' is my filler button regardless of class, and then move outward from there depending on frequency I end up pressing it. Tilda is kinda my 'reaction' button for movement spells like Fel Flame or Scorch, or Taunting on my tanks. I bought a Razer Naga a couple of weeks ago, but everything is so baked into muscle memory I'm struggling a bit to get used to it.
    I've had a naga for a couple years, it took me awhile to get used to it as well. I started out small, only binding things to 2, 4-6, and 8 and slowly worked my way up as I got more comfortable. Now I have pretty much every button on that bound except for the 2 buttons on the top left of the left click.
    Warlock Soloing & Progress | FC: 4141-3143-3405 | Metang, Mawile, and Klefki