Page 1 of 13
... LastLast

Tattoos becoming less of a stigma?

WARNING, FOX NEWS POLL ALERT. IF YOU INTEND TO COME HERE AND COMPLAIN ABOUT FOX TAKE IT SOMEPLACE ELSE.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/03/14...test+-+Text%29

on topic now, I don't see anything wrong with this. I've got friends who have tattoos and it doesn't affect me. The only exception I would have to make was this one...less then intellectual fellow who thought it would be a good idea to get a tattoo of an onyx rooster on the inside of his thigh, and would then go around showing it to people asking if they wanted to see his...you know.

My story aside, any thoughts from you all?

The world is becoming more progressive and people are being less closed-minded about things, yes.

As I've said in at least 3 other tattoo threads, I'll always hold bias against someone with a tattoo.

In which way? If it's not something that is blatantly noticeable, what does it matter to you? You're not seeing it, it shouldn't bother you. If it it something blatantly obvious, we get into a new category of if it's trashy or actually good looking, the subject matter of the tattoo, and the location of said tattoo on the body.

If you get a tattoo to give yourself a certain image, dont be upset if people stereotype you to whatever that image is.

Deleted
    Nothing wrong with tattoos that can be covered up, I have a few myself but you will not see them unless I go topless, they can even be covered with a short sleeved shirt. If you get tattoos on your hand, face or neck then you deserve to be judged, as an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Uzi View Post
    As I've said in at least 3 other anime threads, I'll always hold bias against someone with anime shit all over.
    what about me? I like anime and I have tattoos

Tattoos are expression of yourself. You should be judged. It is a visual identification of yourself. You are laying yourself open and bare for people to visually identify who and what you are about.

If you get a tattoo that sends the wrong message then you have made a mistake in your thinking. I love tattoos, I have several, my wife has several and I find the whole process of getting one to be fun and enjoyable. I look forward to my annual tattoo sessions.

I still think people with tattoos are dumb for ruining their body like that, but whatever floats their boat. It doesn't and won't ever affect me in any real way, so it'll stay what it is: My personal opinion of tattooed people.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    Nothing wrong with tattoos that can be covered up, I have a few myself but you will not see them unless I go topless, they can even be covered with a short sleeved shirt. If you get tattoos on your hand, face or neck then you deserve to be judged, as an idiot.
    This pretty much resumes my opinion. Some body areas are off-limits to get a tattoo, at least for the workplace.

Everything's becoming less of a stigma. We're heading toward a society where everything's acceptable, cause we don't want hurt anyone's feelings. Not that I've got a problem with tattoos, mind you, but that's the general direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    LOL...

On topic though, I think tasteful tattoos are fine. I guess tasteful is in the eye of the beholder though. For me, artistic expressions, of nature, or maybe tribal art, etc, are ok, artistic nudes are ok, but as soon as its something you would need to cover if you were working for a large corporation, or be too embarrassed to show your mom, then no... not for me.
    Pretty much this. If it can be covered up, it's fine. If there are no situations where it would embarrass you to show it (such as to your parents or to your SO's parents), it's fine. If it means something important to you, then it might still be in poor taste, but at least you've got a reason for it.

Blood tears? Grats, you're a murderer and that tattoo reveals it to everyone. So fucking stupid. Disgusting and gross imagery in your tattoos? Grats, you're just trying to make other people uncomfortable or to be edgy. Stupid. Face/entire body covered in tattoos? Well, you're either so far beyond my understanding that I can't really come up with an accurate comment, or you're an attention whore.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

I try not to judge people by their appearance. as a guy who wants to get a few more I can never imagine putting them on my neck, hands or face.

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Everything's becoming less of a stigma. We're heading toward a society where everything's acceptable, cause we don't want hurt anyone's feelings. Not that I've got a problem with tattoos, mind you, but that's the general direction.
    Why do you want to hurt random people's feelings? Is it so bad not to lash out emotionally at people?

Quote Originally Posted by Uzi View Post
    As I've said in at least 3 other anime threads, I'll always hold bias against someone with anime shit all over.
    I respect your opinion. Although I'm not quite sure how that analogy works. I'm sure my removable "anime"(?) signature on a world of Warcraft forum is comparable to a permanent real life image.

To be honest, my opinion/bias on tattoos doesn't really matter. I'm not sure why people would get so hostile about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not a fan of tattoos. They reek of poor, regrettable decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    I'd rather live in a society where nothing is acceptable except what you're told and no one cares about anyone but the majorities feelings, that would be rad.

I think tattoos look great, on your arm or leg or shoulder or the usual places. I think if you get them of someones name or on your neck or face it's kind of stupid, but other than that, sure. If you're going to judge someone because of a tattoo, well, I'm sure you judge people all of the time on far too many things, who they are as a person not being one of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on the tattoo and whether it can be covered up. At a tv station I use to work at, one guy there had a lightning bolt wrapped around his neck and a girl in claims had a huge breast tattoo that she sported in her professional clothes.

Keep in mind though, there are many people who would think you have the foresight of a child to do something like that to your body. I would happen to agree in a professional environment. The business I work at today would throw you out the window before they would hire you.

In my 7ish years now at my career, I've only once had someone berate me for my ink (I have a sleeve and a half sleeve and was wearing a polo shirt). One of my client's parents told me I was going to burn in hell for inking my body and that it was a sin. I calmly told him I disagreed, offered to cover it if it bothered him so much and then redirected the conversation. Everyone else seems to not care or like the ink.

Unless you have something completely outside the norm, like facial or knuckle tats, no one seems to bat an eye.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love [quality] tattoos. Even ones that aren't my taste aesthetically are often still impressive on an artistic and skill level, and I enjoy looking at them.

While I do think people who get them in difficult-to-cover locations should do so fully understanding the impact that will have on their lives and career, I don't have any issue with people that get them. I've seen many beautiful face, throat and hand tattoos over the years.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |