Graphical bugs in WoW

Good evening!

My friends laptop has been struggling with some kind of graphical bug for a few months regardless of graphics settings, bit-mode or API.
    I have his laptop at the moment because he wants me to fix the problem but I really don't know what could cause this.

Some relevant specs:

Samsung R370

Intel Core i3 370M
    Nvidia Geforce 310M
    4GB RAM

Both the GPU and the CPU runs at really good temps since I've changed the thermal paste so that's not an issue.

Here's a video showing how it looks: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ec1...ature=youtu.be

Any ideas?

Crazy z buffer / depth issues. OpenGL mode tends to cause that, make sure it isn't part of the launch options. You can check that by right clicking the shortcut to wow, going to properties and looking at the target field. Make sure to check all available shortcuts.

If not, I'd start out by doing a WoW repair before anything else.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    Crazy z buffer / depth issues. OpenGL mode tends to cause that, make sure it isn't part of the launch options. You can check that by right clicking the shortcut to wow, going to properties and looking at the target field. Make sure to check all available shortcuts.

If not, I'd start out by doing a WoW repair before anything else.
    Well would you look at that, I just reset the user options for WoW in the Battle.net-client and now it's all gone!
    Thank you for the heads up

He probably changed something he really shouldn't have when he was drunk some time...

Glad I could indirectly help! :P
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics