Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanzlee View Post
    the thing is, it doesn't matter that you fail to see how its being smart with money, because its not your money.
    This guy gets it! Dudeman's a dingleberry too!
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

why do you care? what is he possibly doing to hurt you? he'll run lfr? who cares.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karnige View Post
    why do you care? what is he possibly doing to hurt you? he'll run lfr? who cares.
    Jealous dummy heads, I think. And people who want to look really smart by asking senseless questions.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

10+ Year Old Account
    This is a thread full of people screaming that the OP has no right to criticize another person's purchase.

Can you honestly say you've all never done the same thing? Never made fun of someone for buying a Mac, an Iphone, Crocs, a skin tight tapout shirt, a one direction poster? Never critisized someone buying a game or piece of tech you didn't like? Never said unfavorable things about the car make and model someone drove and how your's is superior? Get over yourselves, hypocrites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    I have, unfortunately, interacted with Randec on these forums before. I know what to expect from him.

Quote Originally Posted by Randec View Post
    This is a thread full of people screaming that the OP has no right to criticize another person's purchase.

Can you honestly say you've all never done the same thing? Never made fun of someone for buying a Mac, an Iphone, Crocs, a skin tight tapout shirt, a one direction poster? Never critisized someone buying a game or piece of tech you didn't like? Never said unfavorable things about the car make and model someone drove and how your's is superior? Get over yourselves, hypocrites.
    I most definitely have, and I have learned from those mistakes and no longer do so.

Now I know not to judge people blindly.

I really love how the "true hardcore" people stop bothering with posts like these (I mean the kind that has like heroic gear and heroic achievement points and a truckload of achievments points (17.5k and above)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Still Rampant Rabbit View Post
    I most definitely have, and I have learned from those mistakes and no longer do so.

Now I know not to judge people blindly.
    Eh, nope sorry. If my buddy strolls up wearing a justin bieber t-shirt, wearing crocs, and talking about how awesome the Xbox One is, I'm gonna own him. Sorry. I guess I must be immature.
    I have, unfortunately, interacted with Randec on these forums before. I know what to expect from him.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

It is actually saying it to the person and trying to insult them which is the main part which is douchey.

You can think what someone does with their money is stupid as much as you like, but you don't need to be a hero and actually tell the person lest you just become an arrogant fuckwit.

10+ Year Old Account
    the thing is, it doesn't matter that you fail to see how its being smart with money, because its not your money.
    It doesnt matter that you think it doesnt matter, it's my opinion. just like I can wonder anything else, on this forum about discussing.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, nope sorry. If my buddy strolls up wearing a justin bieber t-shirt, wearing crocs, and talking about how awesome the Xbox One is, I'm gonna own him. Sorry. I guess I must be immature.
    Doing it with a friend is much different than a complete random stranger.

I would hope if you said it to a strangers face they would beat some sense into your skull.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asthreon View Post
    It is actually saying it to the person and trying to insult them which is the main part which is douchey.

You can think what someone does with their money is stupid as much as you like, but you don't need to be a hero and actually tell the person lest you just become an arrogant fuckwit.
    But if we didn't people would walk around in Crocs and sandals with socks.
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    It doesnt matter that you think it doesnt matter, it's my opinion. just like I can wonder anything else, on this forum about discussing.
    It stops being an opinion when you start stating things as fact.

Don't get me wrong, I shit on my friends plenty of times for the shit they do, but not on complete strangers.

10+ Year Old Account
    But if we didn't people would walk around in Crocs and sandals with socks.
    because god forbid someone likes doing something you don't.

10+ Year Old Account

I guess I don't ascribe the same sanctity to purchases as you do. If I can question someone's religious beliefs or the actions of their country I can question their purchases.

Deleted
    you're right, it is your opinion. that doesn't mean its not stupid though. if you really feel so strongly about someone paying money to boost a character 2 levels because there are starving children in Africa, then i'm going to assume that you donate all the money you don't need to these starving children, because otherwise you're not being smart with your money, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    because god forbid someone likes doing something you don't.
    You know I think it's all come up right here in the post, anyone who plays WoW isnt supposed to be a stranger, we were once a community.

That aside, yes someone who walks around in crocs deserves it, just like a dude who walks into a gym with a tshirt he took scissors to

- - - Updated - - -

you're right, it is your opinion. that doesn't mean its not stupid though. if you really feel so strongly about someone paying money to boost a character 2 levels because there are starving children in Africa, then i'm going to assume that you donate all the money you don't need to these starving children, because otherwise you're not being smart with your money, right?
    About as stupid as someone paying 60 bucks to skip 2 levels maybe? and I often do give to charity. Most recently I gave 20 to one for giving shoes. but up to you to believe me. Suppose I could have saved that 20 and bought a 90 when I had 60, or better yet... you know, literally anything else

Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    So this guy i talked to ingame...

Saw him and was like "oh grats for paying 66$ to boost a character to 90 when it would take like just a few days to be 90"

And he replies with "err no this character was sitting at 85 forever i dont have time to play"

So ok, 1-90 is understandable a little but 85-90 even after the experience nerf? Why even bother to play the game at all then? That money could have been gone to something much better.

All i can say is grats blizzard, you always find ways to reel the money in.
    Another narrow minded new to wow player. You just do not understand the pain of having to level a character when you've gone through the same process many, many, many, many times. Its all well and good for you cos you're new to the game and haven't faced this problem yet but I assure you it is painful and worth the $60 which is nothing to a lot of people who earn close to that in an hour or 2 of work. 85-90, the last push, is the most soul crushing part of leveling just FYI. You will find this sort of stuff out as you get a bit more experience with the game.

I guess I don't ascribe the same sanctity to purchases as you do. If I can question someone's religious beliefs or the actions of their country I can question their purchases.
    ...and they in turn can tell you to fuck the hell off and mind your own business. It goes both ways.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodgela View Post
    Another narrow minded new to wow player. You just do not understand the pain of having to level a character when you've gone through the same process many, many, many, many times. Its all well and good for you cos you're new to the game and haven't faced this problem yet but I assure you it is painful and worth the $60 which is nothing to a lot of people who earn close to that in an hour or 2 of work. 85-90, the last push, is the most soul crushing part of leveling just FYI. You will find this sort of stuff out as you get a bit more experience with the game.
    This here is the oddest point in any argument. Who says you have to have another 90. Why isn't the one free one enough to "Play with your friends"

also having the money doesn't really make the point at all. I have the money to go out and buy a cake sprinkled in gold flakes, because I make enough, but I am what you would call "Cheap" I pay my bills on time, and live with modest means.

Also I have 11 90s because I have too much time on my hands. and I didn't get bored with the last 5, in fact they were the only interesting bits because you didnt bounce from half way through a storyline to storyline like 1-85. Oh sage
    Last edited by roahn the warlock; 2014-03-15 at 04:05 AM.