Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    So this guy i talked to ingame...

Saw him and was like "oh grats for paying 66$ to boost a character to 90 when it would take like just a few days to be 90"

And he replies with "err no this character was sitting at 85 forever i dont have time to play"

So ok, 1-90 is understandable a little but 85-90 even after the experience nerf? Why even bother to play the game at all then? That money could have been gone to something much better.

All i can say is grats blizzard, you always find ways to reel the money in.
    Once you start earning some money yourself, you'll find that time = money.

Same with being rich in WoW. I'm not particularely rich compared to the AH rollers, I only have about 50k cash and 200k in items (Shadowmourne q items, 5 Sky Golems and some other stuff). Do I need more? Absolutely not. What does that mean to me? It means I have enough money not to sell random crap on AH, so I either give it away if it's shit, vendor it if it's really shit, dump it in the guild bank if it's 90 BiS raiding prof items or dump it in my alt's bank if it's any other profession item.

I've saved so much time in the game by not playing the AH of every item I've earned. Sure, I've only earned maybe 2-3mil in total in the game, I could've earned twice that if I sold transmog greens, gems, all the thousands of Golden Lotuses I've gotten, but why bother if it saves you time not to?
    Last edited by mmoce8f8bee469; 2014-03-17 at 03:31 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    And, would you rather they boost now while they can learn their role and see slightly outdated content? Or would you rather they wait and boost on lunch day so the first round of LFR is REALLY full of new characters/class trials?

You can't have it both ways, but you are stuck choosing one of those options.
    Well, I'd rather they just didn't sell boosts at all. However, if I had to pick between the two I'd rather they didn't activate the boosts until WoD. Why:

-The time needed to do the last 10 levels will be different with everyone, newly boosted players will be staggered in amongst all the other players.
    -They will still have to go through the easy 5 mans before LFR, creating a shallower learning curve rather than going straight into LFR which becomes hard when everyone in the group doesn't know their class in the slightest.
    -It gives the new players time to atleast become accustomed to their classes tool kit and get used to their keybinds etc, even if they are doing suboptimal dps / healing.

Man A and Man B are thinking about starting new hobbies. After some careful consideration they decide on Wood Working.
    Man A and Man B head out to purchase the basic materials and tools necessary to build their project...a rocking horse!
    After returning home man A sits down with a helpful guide and begins to work over his project.
    After returning home man B sits down and stares blankly at his project.
    After running into some trouble man A takes a short course in order to better hone his wood working skills.
    After staring blankly at his project for awhile man B pays someone else to build it.

Man A: Boy it sure feels good to have finished that project...I took the time and it was worth it.
    Man B: Look what I made!!!

Man A: You didn't make anything...you paid someone to do that.
    Man B: WHY DO YOU CARE HOW I SPEND MY MONEY!!

The End

Deleted
    It is only "cheating" if it violates the rules of the game. If there is no violation, the console would be a TOOL, not a cheat. You people need to stop making up definitions for actual words.
    Wait, so you call an single player console cheats a "TOOLS"? They are offcially implemented by devs, yet they are still cheats.
    Same goes with boosts, the fact that greedy company allowed them does not justify you of using them.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    People paying for this service has some obvious economic issues, not that they lack money, but more like they simply don't know what money costs.l

Why in the world would you pay to get your game played for you? Simply nonsense. But hy, it is your money, go ahead, burn it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beppo View Post
    Man A and Man B are thinking about starting new hobbies. After some careful consideration they decide on Wood Working.
    Man A and Man B head out to purchase the basic materials and tools necessary to build their project...a rocking horse!
    After returning home man A sits down with a helpful guide and begins to work over his project.
    After running into some trouble man A takes a short course in order to better hone his wood working skills.
    After staring blankly at his project for awhile man B pays someone else to build it.

Man A: Boy it sure feels good to have finished that project...I took the time and it was worth it.

The End
    I can't stop laughing

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by z4x View Post
    Wait, so you call an single player console cheats a "TOOLS"? They are offcially implemented by devs, yet they are still cheats.
    Same goes with boosts, the fact that greedy company allowed them does not justify you of using them.
    there are two types of people. those who play GTA for the story, and those who put in the tank cheat and run around with 5 stars all day.

Edit: third type of person, pays 60 dollars to skip the entire story to get to the end, then tell rockstar to stop making the tank a cheat code, and let us pay for it instead

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by z4x View Post
    You can still make more money in the time it takes to fully gear yourself
    You can still make more money in the time it takes to get high arena rating
    You can still make more money in the time it takes to play WoW
    Exactly, this is where the 'time=money' argument falls apart when it comes to the integrity of an MMO and edging dangerously close to P2W territory. For me it isn't there yet, not at all. However, I wouldn't be surprised if it did happen.

- - - Updated - - -

The End
    I lol'd. 10

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    I think you should take a business ethics class. Or did you learn business from Enron.

I'd make an example, but I don't know what your business is.
    Data Center Infrastructure and Architecture. As for ethics, as long as it hurts no one else, violates no laws, and breaks no rules, it's ok in my book. Blizz is a for profit company. What they do with their game is their choice. I can either accept it, which I have, or I can move on to another game, which most of you should do.

Deleted

The End
    And after building that rocking horse 15 times Man A sure feels really proud of making it every single time. But instead, Man A feels that he can go build a house (raiding team and raiding analogy) instead after taking a construction course and feel proud about that.

Meanwhile you missed out that Man B already built many rocking horses and rode them for fun times but bought one more from an expert wood worker to compare his work. Man B is now making houses and has moved beyond rocking horses.

The End.

Honestly, who the hell feels proud about leveling to cap after the 2nd time? This analogy is worthless but good attempt

10+ Year Old Account
    A better question would be why you, a complete stranger who has nothing to do with it, care.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Data Center Infrastructure and Architecture. As for ethics, as long as it hurts no one else, violates no laws, and breaks no rules, it's ok in my book. Blizz is a for profit company. What they do with their game is their choice. I can either accept it, which I have, or I can move on to another game, which most of you should do.
    that is unfortunate to hear. I hope your company does well. Because most people are fickle and if you ever break your own ethics. People will leave. There is so much proof behind this. wow is just an interesting case because time invested is a major factor in keeping people around. As I have done with Wow. only reason I will come back, is if it remains to be the shiniest turd in the MMO market

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    People paying for this service has some obvious economic issues, not that they lack money, but more like they simply don't know what money costs.
    It takes a very quick, and skilled player 24 hours to get from 1-90 using gear, and perks. 24 hours total.

I make $48 per hour. That means I just spent $1,152 leveling through the same old content for the 10th time.

Or, I can spend $60, for 30 seconds, and be playing right along side my mates.

Please, tell me more about the time vs. money factor. I find it terribly interesting.

Some people are just way too interested in other peoples' business.

10+ Year Old Account
    It takes a very quick, and skilled player 24 hours to get from 1-90 using gear, and perks. 24 hours total.

I make $48 per hour. That means I just spent $1,152 leveling through the same old content for the 10th time.

Or, I can spend $60, for 30 seconds, and be playing right along side my mates.

Please, tell me more about the time vs. money factor. I find it terribly interesting.
    so you work in all that time you saved? you are still playing a video game. this is what I will never ever understand. I am not refuting to refute. I will never understand why someone would skip something they payed for, it just doesn't register with me.

I was playing this game Flow. where you like, connect dots to fill up a 14x14 box. and i noticed there were hints. I click it, and found after 5 hints, it was 1.50 for 5 more. And I thought "Why would I pay Flow to play the game for me?"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Niroshi View Post
    Some people are just way too interested in other peoples' business.
    People are social creatures, Gasp

10+ Year Old Account
    that is unfortunate to hear. I hope your company does well. Because most people are fickle and if you ever break your own ethics. People will leave. There is so much proof behind this. wow is just an interesting case because time invested is a major factor in keeping people around. As I have done with Wow. only reason I will come back, is if it remains to be the shiniest turd in the MMO market
    When I make a deal with someone, I read up on their plans, look at the overall design, get an idea for what materials are needed, and then deliver based on historical jobs, a time frame in which this will be delivered. My ethics and professional behavior are above reproach, as is my vestment in a video game.

So, until someone shows me BLIZZARD saying the boosts are cheating and that purchasing them is in violation of their ToS, I will continue to support my HOBBY financially in any way I see fit. What I do in my game, on my time, with my wallet, is my concern, and no one elses. People need to quit degrading and insulting others for using a service that BLIZZ made legit. Maybe, instead of being condescending dicks toward us, they should tell BLIZZ how they feel in an email or by unsubbing.

so you work in all that time you saved? you are still playing a video game. this is what I will never ever understand. I am not refuting to refute. I will never understand why someone would skip something they payed for, it just doesn't register with me.

I was playing this game Flow. where you like, connect dots to fill up a 14x14 box. and i noticed there were hints. I click it, and found after 5 hints, it was 1.50 for 5 more. And I thought "Why would I pay Flow to play the game for me?"
    People don't find leveling fun?!?!?! I'm so shocked!!!!111!one!!1! This is unbelievable. /sarcasm

I really don't get how this is such a hard concept for people to understand. Guess they have trapped mind syndrome where they're unable to see anything outside the 1inch space of the MEosphere.

Deleted
    Flow is my bathroom game of choice. High five!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by therayeffect View Post
    People don't find leveling fun?!?!?! I'm so shocked!!!!111!one!!1! This is unbelievable. /sarcasm

I really don't get how this is such a hard concept for people to understand. Guess they have trapped mind syndrome where they're unable to see anything outside the 1inch space of the MEosphere.
    Then fix leveling? Why is this such a hard concept to understand

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

People are social creatures, Gasp
    The reason they skip is because it is repetitive and done-to-death content. They want to try their hand at a new class/race/faction with their friends in actual content (not sure if you were aware, but WoW is pretty much all about endgame these days). Many of the people spending such money can easily make that cash back while working, and this is their chosen hobby that they prefer to spend money on (ie. it's their choice).

You don't have to pay them, they don't either, but it is their choice and not yours how they spend their time and money.
    "Believing something is not an accomplishment. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because “strength of belief” is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. Listen to any “die-hard” conservative or liberal talk about their deepest beliefs and you are listening to somebody who will never hear what you say on any matter that matters to them — unless you believe the same. Wherever there is a belief, there is a closed door."

10+ Year Old Account
    I will never understand why someone would skip something they payed for
    I'm not skipping it though. I have a Loremaster title... twice. Which means...

I am only bypassing content I have already experienced a dozen or more times on multiple characters in 7 years.

Just because I have seen all of the Harry Potter films does not mean I have to watch them all again if all I am in the mood to watch is Deathly Hallows pt 2.

Get. Over. It.