Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargas View Post
    This Just In: WoW was never a hardcore game. Ever. It has always been a casual-friendly game since day one. Quality of life improvements and optional services DO NOT equate to "dumbing down".
    This man...give him a cookie. If you actually played in Vanilla (had max toon, was raiding) you would know that the reason the game was "hard" was because 90% of the player-base was awful at the game, we didn't know what we were doing, that's why 40 mans existed, Blizzard wanted as many people as they could get going into these dungeons so that all the terribleness would balance out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grahamington View Post
    IMO, If you want to do end game content you should have to put in the effort to get there...
    What effort, leveling is mindless, at best. I'm thinking you're an entitled kid.

1. Go to Home Depot (or the home improvement store of your choice)
    2. Purchase materials to build a small bridge
    3. Construct small bridge
    4. Write the word ISSUE on a piece of paper and place it under the bridge.
    5. Cross the bridge and GET OVER IT

Field Marshal
    I make 90k a year and I just boosted 3 toons...I'll spend MY money however I want to.
    We didn't wipe 100 times. We just found 100 ways how not to down a boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Igby View Post
    I make 90k a year and I just boosted 3 toons...I'll spend MY money however I want to.
    And I will laugh the entire time you do it. Just like people who walk around in Crocs. I laugh at them.

You are really just defending getting laughed at. It's funny, and a little pathetic that you pay to skip a game you pay for.

You can defend yourself all you like, the con side will continue to just laugh.

You're like the kid who shows up to the pinewood derby in an obviously bought car. Everyone thinks you're a ___, when you win, no one congratulates you. And the rest of the kids get told by their parents that he payed for it, and people congratulate the second place winner.

Infracted, post constructively.
    Last edited by Gehco; 2014-03-17 at 06:22 PM.

No matter how much you earn, some things are just a waste of money.

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    And I will laugh the entire time you do it.
    I had every 90 except my monk. I don't plan on hopping servers and in WoD there will be no reason to have two of one class. I popped my monk from 85 to 90 with my preorder boost. Hate away.

Seriously, people need to quit acting like "what one person does doesn't affect anybody else". This is an MMO, people; of course this stuff affects everyone. Someone being able to buy a max-level character belittles all of the actual effort put into leveling your own character. Many of you seem to have forgotten that, just because you *are* max-level, doesn't mean there wasn't any satisfaction to be found in making the level-cap with a new toon.

Myself, for example; for the past couple of months, I've been playing an Orc Warrior off-and-on because I've never had a Warrior, and I've never had a decent-level Horde character before. I didn't try to make it a mad-rush to level with him; I would simply play him when I felt like playing him. It took several months just to get him to level 80, but I actually enjoyed leveling him, knowing that while he was leveling a bit more slowly, there was still satisfaction to be had to get him to 90. Now that every Joe Schmoe can just buy a full character-list of 90's, what satisfaction is there to be had?

The term "pay-to-win" seems to vary from person to person, but there is absolutely no denying that Blizzard is selling a very powerful in-game advantage. Now, perhaps some don't define that as "winning", but it's far from being "cosmetic-only", isn't it? Blizzard has sacrificed the integrity of the game, because spending more money now gives you a *better* experience than the mandatory subscription does. I'm both shocked and incredibly disappointed in Blizzard for taking this route. This is the kind of stuff you expect to see in a cheap iPhone game, not from one of the most vaunted Developers in the industry today.

EDIT: For the record, I can understand Blizzard granting a single free-90 for purchasing WoD. Given that overhauling the leveling-system would be a tremendous effort, I can understand their thought-process. However, selling 90's accomplishes literally nothing that the singular free-90 didn't already do, except exploit players.

Quote Originally Posted by Pwellzor View Post
    I had every 90 except my monk. I don't plan on hopping servers and in WoD there will be no reason to have two of one class. I popped my monk from 85 to 90 with my preorder boost. Hate away.
    Why would I hate you? you didnt blow 60 bucks on 85 to 90. If I end up getting WoD ill use mine on a rogue I have at 80, because Its all I have left.

Why bother creating a thread about this?

See what I did there?

Quote Originally Posted by LookingGlass View Post
    Just because $60 is a lot of money to you, doesn't mean everyone feels the same way.

Just because a few days is not much time to you, doesn't mean everyone feels the same way.

Just because you feel the way you do, doesn't mean everyone else feels the same way.

/endthread
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Why did you care in the first place that he boosted a character? What he does with his money is none of your business.
    Totally agree with that.

Why would I hate you? you didnt blow 60 bucks on 85 to 90. If I end up getting WoD ill use mine on a rogue I have at 80, because Its all I have left.
    Fair enough.

Quote Originally Posted by TheJewishMerp View Post
    This man...give him a cookie. If you actually played in Vanilla (had max toon, was raiding) you would know that the reason the game was "hard" was because 90% of the player-base was awful at the game, we didn't know what we were doing, that's why 40 mans existed, Blizzard wanted as many people as they could get going into these dungeons so that all the terribleness would balance out.

- - - Updated - - -

What effort, leveling is mindless, at best. I'm thinking you're an entitled kid.
    "Waaaaahh, bwizzurd, I dont wanna wevel any moar. I wanna buy a fwee ninti."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Of-the-horde View Post
    Totally agree with that.
    what I say about people who piss their cash away is none of your business. See what I did there

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Why did you care in the first place that he boosted a character? What he does with his money is none of your business.
    This argument is nil. "Why do you care, it doesn't affect you.". Actually, yes it does. LFR is a mess right now. Alot more of a mess than it ever was. LFR is the only content some people do. Take that away from them with countless stupid wipes wasting their time, they'll leave.
    Perfect example of why "community" forums are poisonous to the health of a development team. These developers are wasting hundreds of hours trying to stem the tide of incessant bitchery that would never, ever abate so long as these entitled, unfortunate human beings don't get their way.

"Waaaaahh, bwizzurd, I dont wanna wevel any moar. I wanna buy a fwee ninti."

- - - Updated - - -

what I say about people who piss their cash away is none of your business. See what I did there
    Which part makes you angry at others?
    People having more money than you?
    or
    Blizzard for putting in boosts and giving the option to level or not?

Someone here needs to grow the fuck up quickly, especially when they start to talk in a baby accent, says alot about what kind of person you are....a fucking immature one for starters.

Paying to skip a game you already pay for...

Yeah, I am sure you can stop defending yourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Suggs View Post
    Which part makes you angry at others?
    People having more money than you?
    or
    Blizzard for putting in boosts and giving the option to level or not?

Someone here needs to grow the fuck up quickly, especially when they start to talk in a baby accent, says alot about what kind of person you are....a fucking immature one for starters.
    uh huh. who said I was mad. I think it's pathetic, doesn't mean I am mad

Also. the current state of SoO LFR http://darklegacycomics.com/newest.html

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    This argument is nil. "Why do you care, it doesn't affect you.". Actually, yes it does. LFR is a mess right now. Alot more of a mess than it ever was. LFR is the only content some people do. Take that away from them with countless stupid wipes wasting their time, they'll leave.
    ^ This, and I hope they do. Give up your principles, and you fail as a company. this is simple history

Why do you care? lol.

Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    Yes i will show my face. Not saying im right just saying why even bother to play the game if it comes down to this.

Soon we might see boost to 550 ilvl or something. Less likely, but maybe.
    How they play and enjoy the game is not your concern.

Stop judging people based on your idea of fun.

This, and I hope they do. Give up your principles, and you fail as a company. this is simple history
    The amount of logic you are presenting is too much for the shallow-minded folks.

The fact that the customers are ALLOWING game developers to get away with breaking away from their principles without losing any face - is a big reason why the gaming industry is getting butt-fucked.

And I will laugh the entire time you do it. Just like people who walk around in Crocs. I laugh at them.

You are really just defending getting laughed at. It's funny, and a little pathetic that you pay to skip a game you pay for.

You can defend yourself all you like, the con side will continue to just laugh.
    I don't understand this mentality. If they want to "waste" their money, why does that concern you?

It is always a question of time vs money. Which is more valuable? So the person used money to save time. So what? Everyone does it all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by kinneer View Post
    I don't understand this mentality. If they want to "waste" their money, why does that concern you?

It is always a question of time vs money. Which is more valuable? So the person used money to save time. So what? Everyone does it all the time.
    Because people wasting their money on extra things in their hobby is what's ruining America and the economy. Where they got such a brain-meltingly stupid idea like that, I'll never know.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"