Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post
    So, you mean like every other non charity business in the world ever? Damn. They sure are evil, trying to make money in a world run on money.
    Everyone is racist, I guess I should be racist too. See how in different context, your logic is flawed?
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Quote Originally Posted by Marema View Post
    60 bucks is not hefty. You can make 60 bucks washing cars on weekends. Or go mow some lawns. Or go dumpster diving for items to recycle. And why do you keep brining up "paying to skip a game you pay for"? You are correct. We pay for it and we paid for the ability to skip content that we've seen numerous times.

You have a fascination on how other people spend money.

- - - Updated - - -

Good thing I'm smart enough to easily make the 60 bucks to spend, right.
    You find it smart to throw away money. You're just so busy mowing those lawns so you can throw away more money. So many lawns to mow, so much money to throw away, it must be hard for you to sleep at night. God you're a genius.

15+ Year Old Account
    So you think it's okay to tell people you don't know how to spend the money that they've earned? Would you like somebody to come up to you at the grocery store and tell you what food you should buy? Or how you should get rid of the car you drive and get a bike instead because that's better for the environment? Or tell you that because you have a job, a car, and a house you are some how self centered because you choose to go spend 60 bucks?

really?
    Hasn't someone in the grocery store ever told you about a deal? Were you appreciative? Or were you like "fuck off! I like paying more money for less! IT'S MY LIFE! I'M AN ADULT!" That's basically what this is. It's horribly inefficient to use your 90 boost on a character 5 levels away from 90.
    Last edited by Lemons; 2014-03-15 at 02:30 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    How am I? 88-90 is worth 60 dollars to some one? That takes half an hour, I cannot fathom it
    You don't need to Fathom it, there is no reason for you to fathom anyone's financial decisions.

Doing so only makes you an arrogant self-righteous douchecanoe.

- - - Updated - - -

Everyone is racist, I guess I should be racist too. See how in different context, your logic is flawed?
    The straw grasping continues.

How am I? 88-90 is worth 60 dollars to some one? That takes half an hour, I cannot fathom it
    It is not your responsibility to fathom it. It is not your responsibility to judge it. It is not your responsibility to give a shit about it.

So, what you're saying is that their goal is to do everything for free, make no money and go out of business? Fuck, what a great businessman you'd turn out to be. Why hasn't anyone come knocking on your door right now?

At least they are using that for a good college education.
    I have yet to ever meet a stripper that "only strips to pay tuition". Im sure there is a random few out there, but the vast majority are just party girls with bad habits.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is not your responsibility to fathom it. It is not your responsibility to judge it. It is not your responsibility to give a shit about it.
    That kind of thinking caused lots of my stocks to drop in 2007
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asthreon View Post
    You don't need to Fathom it, there is no reason for you to fathom anyone's financial decisions.

So if I go out and spend 1 million dollars on a leaf. Nothing special about this leaf mind you, just an ordinary leaf...you wouldn't judge me for that? Not even a little?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post
    So, what you're saying is that their goal is to do everything for free, make no money and go out of business? Fuck, what a great businessman you'd turn out to be. Why hasn't anyone come knocking on your door right now?
    because everything is in black and white. Gotta wonder why there are no hate threads about other companies, or why in all the years up to this moment blizzard never ever sold levels. or hell. Said anything like.. THIS?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8568378868#18

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    I agree- the first time. Alts should not have to go through that grind again.
    this is how i feel about the legendary cloak xD

should be able too buy it for 7k on all toons after first

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gsara View Post
    I have yet to ever meet a stripper that "only strips to pay tuition". Im sure there is a random few out there, but the vast majority are just party girls with bad habits.
    What's wrong with strippers?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post
    this is how i feel about the legendary cloak xD

should be able too buy it for 7k on all toons after first
    ^ see, this is okay,

now, buying it for 70 dollars, not okay

Quote Originally Posted by Lemons View Post
    Hasn't someone in the store ever told you about a deal? Were you appreciative or were you like "fuck off buddy I like paying more money for less! IT'S MY LIFE! I'M AND ADULT!" That's basically what this is. It's horribly inefficient to use your 90 boost on a character 5 levels away from 90.
    How much effort does it take for me to make 60 bucks? Oh, you don't know? Exactly. How can you claim it to be horribly inefficient when you have no clue on how much effort I put in to make the 60 bucks vs the effort from leveling?

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemons View Post
    So if I go out and spend 1 million dollars on a leaf. Nothing special about this leaf mind you, just an ordinary leaf...you wouldn't judge me for that? Not even a little?
    Nope, what people do with their money is their choice.

Just how I tell people to fuck off if they start hassling me about spending my money on video-games I would not expect any less from someone else if I tried to hassle them.

What the fuck happened to this thread?

Furthermore, have any of you taken an economics class?

I purchased a lamp shade that looked like a giant pink elephant for $50, I don't even use it anymore.

That kind of thinking caused lots of my stocks to drop in 2007
    This just in! People buying boosts caused 2007 stock crash!

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

The straw grasping continues.
    Using an example is not grasping at straws.. do you know what that means?

saying "everyone does it, so it's okay" is not okay, was the point I was trying to make. didn't need to grasp at that straw.

- - - Updated - - -

This just in! People buying boosts caused 2007 stock crash!
    That kind of thinking did

- - - Updated - - -

Nope, what people do with their money is their choice.

Just how I tell people to fuck off if they start hassling me about spending my money on video-games I would not expect any less from someone else if I tried to hassle them.
    Republicans, you can't argue with them

What's wrong with strippers?
    Nothing at all, know quit a few and they are all cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    So this guy i talked to ingame...

Saw him and was like "oh grats for paying 66$ to boost a character to 90 when it would take like just a few days to be 90"

And he replies with "err no this character was sitting at 85 forever i dont have time to play"

So ok, 1-90 is understandable a little but 85-90 even after the experience nerf? Why even bother to play the game at all then? That money could have been gone to something much better.

All i can say is grats blizzard, you always find ways to reel the money in.

I dunno. Decisions that others perceive as sensible can seem strange to others.

You shouldn't care about why someone bought the expansion anyway. No need to try and call him out on a decision that has 0 impact on you. OP is a dingleberry.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥