Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    IMO soulbound gear shouldn't take up bag slots. Give it a separate UI in the Equipment Manager or something. It's one of the pet peeves I have with playing hybrid classes, they constantly have to carry around 2, 3 or even more sets. It's a massive pain in the ass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    It probably isn't "coding" and "takes time from a raid tier" is the equivalent of your grandma saying "That's nice dear"

- - - Updated - - -

There was a time when immersion was at the core of WoW. It's pretty much dead now, so yeah, bring on the toy box (which is a think in WoD)
    I have no idea how a new item tab to eliminate bag bloat breaks immersion. I don't know how carrying around a lot of items in your bags ADDS immersion. And it IS coding, they've outlined the specific issues plenty of times in several interviews AND on the forums, like the post I linked earlier.

I don't like how you try to ignore facts so you can "discuss" things. Irrelevant typing isn't discussion. You seem hungry for attention, that "Why even bother playing?" thread was proof enough, so I'm just not going to respond to you aside from this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ethzero View Post
    IMO soulbound gear shouldn't take up bag slots. Give it a separate UI in the Equipment Manager or something. It's one of the pet peeves I have with playing hybrid classes, they constantly have to carry around 2, 3 or even more sets. It's a massive pain in the ass.
    Now there's an idea. I agree with your hybrid woes. It'd be even worse if I actively PvP'd on my hybrids. Just dumping those items in a bank full of weapons, items and armor for transmog isn't a good solution either. Void storage was a handy addition but it's just a second bank for transmog items.

My bank isn't full of valuables you'd normally keep in a bank; It's full of toys and "for-transmog-only" armor and weapons. Stick that shit in a tab, liquify it, take my ability to vendor it away, stick it in a list, something! Liberate my slots!
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Quote Originally Posted by MonsieuRoberts View Post
    I have no idea how a new item tab to eliminate bag bloat breaks immersion. I don't know how carrying around a lot of items in your bags ADDS immersion. And it IS coding, they've outlined the specific issues plenty of times in several interviews AND on the forums, like the post I linked earlier.

I don't like how you try to ignore facts so you can "discuss" things. Irrelevant typing isn't discussion. You seem hungry for attention, that "Why even bother playing?" thread was proof enough, so I'm just not going to respond to you aside from this.

- - - Updated - - -

Now there's an idea. I agree with your hybrid woes. It'd be even worse if I actively PvP'd on my hybrids. Just dumping those items in a bank full of weapons, items and armor for transmog isn't a good solution either. Void storage was a handy addition but it's just a second bank for transmog items.

My bank isn't full of valuables you'd normally keep in a bank; It's full of toys and "for-transmog-only" armor and weapons. Stick that shit in a tab, liquify it, take my ability to vendor it away, stick it in a list, something! Liberate my slots!
    Damn right concerning the item tab and immersion. That guy is making a ludicrous statement.

Also concerning the transmog only stuff. Blizz has mentioned they wish to develop a "wardrobe" system where we get to store equipment that turns into transmog only UI options.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    And, yet, they've been telling us for a few expansions now that it is, in fact, that hard. I guess that's the difference between programmers and non-programmers... one of them knows what they're talking about and the other doesn't.
    The thing is that one that knows can still LIE.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    Also concerning the transmog only stuff. Blizz has mentioned they wish to develop a "wardrobe" system where we get to store equipment that turns into transmog only UI options.
    It would be nice. I think the pet and mount tabs are proof that they are actually working towards solutions for this, as well as Void Storage being a system created to stay the issue until they can make a proper solution. If the toybox makes it into WoD, then there's even more proof that it's a concern they plan on eliminating

I just wish they'd hurry up with it, but you can say that about any number of things about WoW and the way Blizzard does things.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Putting effort into switching out the starting bag would be at the cost of a raid tier.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Quote Originally Posted by Grahamington View Post
    Really? Seems like it wouldn't be that hard.
    It's not, but it is. This game is a lot like London or Rome. They build on top of old versions of the game with some ancient parts still exposed while a mountain of junk code is tangled up with the parts we see and they use lots of clever tricks to hide and keep us from seeing. This was one of those issues. It seems they've finally gotten around to untangling it from the game's foundations.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Putting effort into switching out the starting bag would be at the cost of a raid tier.
    You probably think Jeff Foxworthy is the pinnacle of comedy too.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

10+ Year Old Account
    Making bags bigger and bigger and BIIIIIGGER isn't the solution. If you put in 40 slot bags, you'll cry for 50 slot bags before long. Easing up on the item load in your bags is the better solution. Removing fun items from the main bags, quest items, maybe tabards one day as well, and perhaps even some sort of wardrobe or something at some point in the future will help more than just asking for bigger bags, bigger banks and bigger void storages.

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would totally be down with mounts having extra bags on their saddles n' stuff. The catch being you only have access to those bags while your mount is summoned.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    The backpack is hardcoded in to the game and your character. It doesn't function like a bag slot.

It's certainly something they could actually change if they really wanted to but it's more work than just turning on a switch to let you put a bag there. They would need to change some very old code which can always be a pain in the ass.
    Yes, changing the 10 year old code from 16 to 32 is VERY HARD coding... wait its not - you just replace a fucking number....

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    Yes, changing the 10 year old code from 16 to 32 is VERY HARD coding... wait its not - you just replace a fucking number....
    It really isn't that simple, the bag is hardcoded heavily into the game.

You really think if it was as easy as changing the number 16 to 32 they'd bother making lies for years and come up with entirely new systems to work as alternatives?

It's always the same : the ignorant people are all like "OMG I KNOW IT IS EASY TO DO"

Homophobia is so gay.

You can either have a larger default backpack, or a raid tier.

It'll be hard-coded into the game, and growing bag-space isn't the best solution. In Warlords remember, they're moving a lot of "Toys" into their own Interface, along with Heirlooms and they're attempting it with Tabards as well. Quest Items are also being put into the Quest Log, and no longer in our Inventory.

I doubt it'll solve a lot of the issues for some people, but it's going to help.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you honestly think it's that simple? I mean genuinely, is that what you think? Have you got any Programming experience at all, when dealing with Arrays, Pointers, Functions, and then on the scale of an MMORPG?

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your need to make corporations an evil entity lacks substance and credibility, careful you have some ignorance on your face. This has nothing to do with money and everything to do with it being an ancient code that is one of the foundation stones of this game, messing with it could cause all kinds of havok including every character across the entire game loosing it's inventory items, and most likely everything in that first bag. 7 million customers with 1-20+ characters needing individual items restored is no laughing matter.

You are a programmer? Are you a warcraft mmo programmer? Have you ever coded a MMO game that has nearly ten years worth of code? If not I would argue that you have no eff'n clue what you are talking about or even know what the process would entail.

Your corporate greed conspiracies are just conspiracies and the reasons why they cant do it are the reasons why they can't do it. Blizzard has never been afraid to tell us that something is just not worth the cost of doing.
    I never said they are evil. FFS, they are people like you and me. If someone came to you and asked you to jump on one foot, would you do it? Now what if that same person offered you 100 dollars? You would do it. Are you an evil person? No. Stop thinking money is evil.

Messing with code does bring in bugs if you have shitty code. This isn't code that effects 3D elements, so the likelihood of it breaking is minimal. It is a GUI and some SQL changes. I have not programmed for WoW, but I have done similar changes to games that have a bag system. Code is code. The only thing that is wrong with Blizzard's, close to, 12 years of code is that it has several layers of shit coding(old code that they have to clean up). Every so often they go in and add layers of code making it easier and easier to break old code.

You really don't know business if you don't think they are greedy. You have a multi million dollar business, and you are task by the people that own you to make more money. Do you make more bag space just because some fans want it, or do you make a new mount to add to the shop? Gee that's a tough one. Um, I think I would do the mount to make more money so my bosses don't fire me. Do you think they are a charity? Do you think their shareholders would like them giving shit away when they are losing money?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    The backpack is hardcoded in to the game and your character. It doesn't function like a bag slot.
    Wait, so the thing that its hardcoded means they cannot fix it? Do they not have programmers or what?

I'd love an option to buy extra slots for that bag, even if it will be very expensive

I'm sure their micro transaction department is working hard on this issue as we speak.

Like said, if it was that easy, they wouldn't be putting more work into workarounds. That's just simple logic.

Also, changing the size of the bag could honestly mess up a whole lot. If I recall correctly, it could end up deleting items in other slots, or even removing the other slots. Also I don't think it's just a one number spot, it's probably something more like 4 by 4? I haven't done much with coding to be honest, wouldn't just a plain 16 cause a line in that case?

The issue of bag space is one they are dealing with rather better I think with WoD.
    Previously it was simply give us bigger bags, and more stuff to put in them.
    Void Storage while being a nice addition, just bought some time as the amount of stuff that we want to store has simply increased at a rate greater than that bag sizes increased.

With WoD there are some good changes which are certainly a move in the right direction.
    A toybox feature, where selected novelty or cosmetic items are removed from inventory and placed in a UI of their own, much like pets and mounts are at present.
    An heirloom UI, where earned or bought heirlooms are "learned", and simply created on-demand for any given character across the account.
    Increases to stack sizes for some profession materials.

I should free up easily 80 slots making some basic assumptions about what I can or cannot remove from my inventory via these improvements, and maybe even more.

There is talk of a Transmog UI, where you can build "sets" of equipment to apply at once, without the need to hold the individual items.
    I assume that will apply primarily to tier and named sets.
    Also talk of a Tabard UI, though these features if we get them will be much further in the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.