Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    Oooooor it's what put it on the path to destruction in the first place?
    If its Causals your talking about guess what blizzard has been catering to them since WoW was in Alpha.

World Of Warcraft was the Casual version of Everquest when it released this is a FACT.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kinettik View Post
    Ummmmm, did I miss something? They are NOT charging for a power leveling service, or even the insta-boost to 90, that is a FREE service if you purchase the expansion.
    Bullshit.

This Xpac cost's 10$ more then all the ones before it. Guess what something isn't when you hike up the price.....its not FREE.

This price hike is to offset the amount of money they will lose from now until release or at lease to try to offset it. So take your Pick ether your being charged $10 for the "Free" Service or its to offset there loss money.

Also This Service you can buy right now.....

Edit: Just seen your post retracting your statement.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2014-03-15 at 02:44 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account

These Bots are designed to engage in re
    petitive and elongated play of WoW for the
    player while he or she is away from the com
    puter or engaged in other activities. (Rice
    Decl. ¶¶ 22-23.) Players who purchase the Bo
    ts can use them to exploit WoW’s reward
    system by collecting virtual currency, items,
    and experience without actually playing the
    game, including for periods of time impossible for human players (for example, through
    the night or for
    hundreds of hours without interruption). (Id.
    ) In game play, a player’s use of bots allows
    him or her to gain an artificial advantag
    e over players who don’t use bots but who devote
    the same actual game play time. (Id.
    http://legal.ceilingfansoftware.com/...3-09-24%29.pdf

Again, emphasis mine.

That's the legal argument Blizzard used as to why botting was bad for their game. They said it's unfair for someone to have an experience advantage over someone who actually plays the game. Really starting to look hypocritical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    I have, unfortunately, interacted with Randec on these forums before. I know what to expect from him.

Quote Originally Posted by Coombs View Post
    Did you catch the point where I was agreeing with you?
    sadly not it seems ah well

Quote Originally Posted by Gsara View Post
    Should just go play TESO or Wildstar since they will never have a cash shop or do anything at all like Blizzards business model....
    welp you're delusional...

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman2500 View Post
    Since when were people not allowed to change their opinions?
    Agreed.

Why is changing your mind based on new information a bad thing?

They also thought flying was going to be good for the game. Now they seem to be having a change of heart. Every change they've ever made to the game was done because at the time they it would be good for the game.. Things change.

Why are people upset if other people choose not to grind xp and level ? It makes no difference to your play experience. All I can think of is that you are annoyed that others have more money and can afford to avoid doing something that you'd probably avoid yourself if it was free or affordable to you.

I can't afford to pay for boosting my characters to 90 but I don't care if that's what others choose to do. Look at it this way... Those people are giving Blizzard more money to make the game for you.
    Last edited by Paulosio; 2014-03-15 at 03:01 AM.

Deleted
    You at least got to admit they're contradicting themselves. Their own statement against powerleveling is an opinion that is shared by a lot of players, which is why there is such an outcry over the buyable level 90s. People feel betrayed. If you go against your own statements, you'll lose credibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post
    They also thought flying was going to be good for the game. Now they have changed their mind. Every change they've ever made to the game was done because at the time they decided to make it they thought it would be good for the game.. Things change.
    now what they need to do is change their delusion that no flying+daze dismout is good for the game coz its simply not

why does everyone have this bizarre perception that every single decision made by blizzard is the result of some sort of unanimous vote by everyone that works there?

does no one on these forums have a job of their own? or do you all work in places were there is no "corporate" or the like above you? or maybe they just call every single employee company wide to make sure you are all in agreement before making a decision?

the game designers make the game. they probably care a great deal about the quality and integrity of that game.

someone else at blizzard cares about the bottom line.

its doubtful that those two parties are EVER in agreement, one will always want more time, more resources, to make the best game possible. the other will always want to cut every possible corner and raise every possible cost.

Unless there is some context im missing here that shows that this forum moderator is also the head of their finance department, this post is nothing more than a display of ignorance of how a business works. NO ONE had to "change their mind" for both the power boost to exist, and for that post to still be true.

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    You at least got to admit they're contradicting themselves. Their own statement against powerleveling is an opinion that is shared by a lot of players, which is why there is such an outcry over the buyable level 90s. People feel betrayed. If you go against your own statements, you'll lose credibility.
    completely agree with this

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman2500 View Post
    Since when were people not allowed to change their opinions?
    they can and will when the almighty dollar is the reward ...its about that control ...they shove everything down our throats and force us to play there way...of course the only way to combat this is not play there game by not playing there game

Quote Originally Posted by Elian View Post
    after 3 months of WOD, Blizzard will sell boosted lvl 100s
    Nah but i'm sure at some point during the final tier of WOD they will sell level 100s ahead of the xpac that follows WOD. It would be silly not to.

10+ Year Old Account
    10 years and people still don't fucking get it. 100s of people work on wow. All have different opinions.
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    I think they only cared about power leveling because the account could be stolen. They still don't like account sharing or someone else playing your account.

Quote Originally Posted by Varabently View Post
    Agreed.

Why is changing your mind based on new information a bad thing?
    sure but to have a firm stance on something and then going totally against it is another thing.

worst part is the bullshit about 'damaging the integrity of the game'. shall we assume they no longer care about that? and why should we ever take anything they say seriously if it's all just some PR nonsense to shut people up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    If its Causals your talking about guess what blizzard has been catering to them since WoW was in Alpha.

World Of Warcraft was the Casual version of Everquest when it released this is a FACT.

- - - Updated - - -

Bullshit.

This Xpac cost's 10$ more then all the ones before it. Guess what something isn't when you hike up the price.....its not FREE.

This price hike is to offset the amount of money they will lose from now until release or at lease to try to offset it. So take your Pick ether your being charged $10 for the "Free" Service or its to offset there loss money.

Also This Service you can buy right now.....

Edit: Just seen your post retracting your statement.
    Hate to break this to you, but Wow set a new bell curve when it started. That whole everuqest point holds no merit.

Most players are not hardcore. just because 1% is hardcore, does not mean 99% are casual. I would fathom most are in the normal/flex level. Not people who should be playing animal crossing.

Also 10 dollars to make up for them not keeping subs isn't a good excuse. When I go to the movies, I'm not told, this movie will cost 5 dollars more because it didn't do well in the opening weekend. If anything most companies lower prices when things don't sell well.
    Last edited by roahn the warlock; 2014-03-15 at 03:14 AM.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Integrity schmintegrity. $60 per makes Activision happy.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven?

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    Hate to break this to you, but Wow set a new bell curve when it started. That whole everuqest point holds no merit.
    Just because you say it dose not hold merit dose not change that WoW was the most Casual MMO when it released and even more Casual then Runescape and that was one of its major selling points.

They took what Everquest did and make it more simple. Everquest 200 man raids World Of Warcraft 20-40 Man raids. Even WoW's professions was a lot easyer then Everquest.

Hell if u failed at making something in Everquest it could kill you.

Sorry but this is a fact. Wow released as the most casual mmo and even mmo's that released around the sametime was harder.

Ignore these facts all you want but that dose not change that they are facts. Hell one of the top guilds in Everquest helped make WoW. Even the beloved TBC was easyer then most MMO's.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Just because you say it dose not hold merit dose not change that WoW was the most Casual MMO when it released and even more Casual then Runescape and that was one of its major selling points.

They took what Everquest did and make it more simple. Everquest 200 man raids World Of Warcraft 20-40 Man raids. Even WoW's professions was a lot easyer then Everquest.

Hell if u failed at making something in Everquest it could kill you.

Sorry but this is a fact. Wow released as the most casual mmo and even mmo's that released around the sametime was harder.

Ignore these facts all you want but that dose not change that they are facts. Hell one of the top guilds in Everquest helped make WoW.
    Okay, Wow took what was so hard about everquest and made it easier. They got 13 million subs. They tried to make it easier than animal crossing, and they are at 6 million.

I guess Diminishing returns set in.

I really don't know anyone who quit because they just got bored, most was because of the reasons you guys like to bash, I know 10 people. (Small sample I know) quit because the game was too easy for them.

In the end, it has to be considered a good possibility casualification wasn't reactionary to sub loss. It was an attempt to get even more into the game.

I come with this theory because I remember blizzard basically saying things that elude to that in the ICC Cata era.
    Last edited by roahn the warlock; 2014-03-15 at 03:25 AM.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

It's either charge $60 to have people skip the leveling content or spend money to actually fix it. Looks like Blizzard decided to give people the option to skip it instead of improving it.