Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    We do have experience bonus events, holidays usually come with xp bonuses that you can take advantage of, I know midsummer has the xp maypole, thanksgiving has the xp food buff I think, Darkmoon has the merry-go-round that you can ride to get an xp buff as well.
    This. We already have periodic experience-boosting time-sensitive events in Warcraft.

That said, an exp-boost weekend here and there could help keep people interested during content downtime, but is it really necessary when the Darkmoon Faire is active for a full week every month?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DreadNeos View Post
    Would you support it?
    No, leveling is already insanely fast, too fast.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    How to agree with this.. so much.. Currently reached the 26th lvl 90, in no problem..
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I don't really care about anything XP related in WoW anymore now that I can just buy the whole thing when I feel like making another alt. Honest truth.

85-90 90-100 etc only takes me a couple of days anyway, so I would have to be very very lucky to see a double xp weekend that blue moon.

Leveling is already insanely fast so I don't think it is needed at all. I am sure there are a group of people out there much like the ones that want to boost toons to 90 that would love it though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    But, we are already gifted with that from Blizzard. We surely don't need multiple? A whole week of +100% XP is more than enough, we even have it every month. Darkmoon Faire has a ride which grants you this buff.
    It is amazing how many people don't know about this or use it. Then go on about rep/xp grinds being too long.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    But, we are already gifted with that from Blizzard. We surely don't need multiple? A whole week of +100% XP is more than enough, we even have it every month. Darkmoon Faire has a ride which grants you this buff.
    The carousel buff is 10%. Not 100.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2014-03-15 at 09:12 AM.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    The carousel buff is 10%. Not 100.(Sorry about the edit note, pressed wrong button. Happens sometimes, but you have your original message - damn fat fingers)
    Well, 10%, sorry. touch-screen on tablet is sensitive. But still 100% that you can refresh, over and over and over for a whole week. Now deck out a monk, with looms and well, get him out of the zone and to an inn, get him/her rested (which works longer for pandaren), then get the DMF buff.. And you then go levelling, you literrally level 1 lvl pr. quest completed (some times 2)

I racechanged my mage who had gotten a lot of rested during the level of my 3 primary characters.. she is now a pandaran, when I was done with Jade Forest, she was 89½ before the rested was gone. 10% or 100%, in the end, levelling is way too easy in MoP.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2014-03-15 at 09:15 AM.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

It would get me leveling alot more.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, 10%, sorry. touch-screen on tablet is sensitive. But still 100% that you can refresh, over and over and over for a whole week. Now deck out a monk, with looms and well, get him out of the zone and to an inn, get him/her rested (which works longer for pandaren), then get the DMF buff.. And you then go levelling, you literrally level 1 lvl pr. quest completed (some times 2)

I racechanged my mage who had gotten a lot of rested during the level of my 3 primary characters.. she is now a pandaran, when I was done with Jade Forest, she was 89½ before the rested was gone. 10% or 100%, in the end, levelling is way too easy in MoP.
    Well I agree that it's completely unneeded. I just leveled my paladin and hit 90 before I even made it to HalfHill with rested exp alone. Thanks to BoA weapons I was facerolling everything the whole way too. Just pointing out that it was 10% for the Dm fair buff.
    Last edited by leaks; 2014-03-15 at 01:21 PM.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

Deleted
    Not at all. It's bothersome and boring.

Hell yeah I would love a double xp weekend, once a month would be great

Deleted
    DMF is 10%. When do we ever get 100% for a week?

Regardless, double exp weekends are fun, but they're for MMOs that nobody plays.

10+ Year Old Account
    double xp weekends would be fun. or maybe other events similar to the zombie invasion. Events that make the world seem alive are always awesome.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    Not at all. It's bothersome and boring.
    When I out-level a zone before even reaching half-way through it... there's a problem.

When I create new Human -character, the leveling-zone course "should" be Elwynn Forest 1-10, Westfall 10-15 and Redridge Mountains 15-20. But in current situation by completing the Elwynn Forest and Westfall, I have already out-leveled the Redridge Mountains and I can go directly to Duskwood.

That is bad design in my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxiye View Post
    DMF is 10%. When do we ever get 100% for a week?

Regardless, double exp weekends are fun, but they're for MMOs that nobody plays.
    Though, they belong to either lesser played games, as you said.. or tougher ones..

BUt I mean, XP bonus?

Make the unknown buff (as in, you have it or not) be the rested XP or potion, then look at..

10% Heirloom XP buff on Helmet
    10% Heirloom XP buff on Shoulders
    5% Heirloom XP buff on Cloak
    10% Heirloom XP buff on Chest
    10% Heirloom XP buff on Leggings
    5% Heirloom XP buff on Ring (if you have it)

10% XP buff from Darkmoon Faire.
    10% XP buff from Guild Perk

65% more experience gained (70% if you have the ring - even more if you have potion or rested (even more if you are a pandaren rested)).

Levelling is so faster, didn't mind the pace before the experience nerf in Mists of Pandaria.

- - - Updated - - -

When I out-level a zone before even reaching half-way through it... there's a problem.

When I create new Human -character, the leveling-zone course "should" be Elwynn Forest 1-10, Westfall 10-15 and Redridge Mountains 15-20. But in current situation by completing the Elwynn Forest and Westfall, I have already out-leveled the Redridge Mountains and I can go directly to Duskwood.

That is bad design in my opinion.
    I am lvl 7-8 when I leave Northshire with my levelling pattern..

10+ Year Old Account
    I am lvl 7-8 when I leave Northshire with my levelling pattern..
    Ouch, the situation is even worse than I remember'd.

Deleted
    Though, they belong to either lesser played games, as you said.. or tougher ones..

BUt I mean, XP bonus?

Make the unknown buff (as in, you have it or not) be the rested XP or potion, then look at..

10% Heirloom XP buff on Helmet
    10% Heirloom XP buff on Shoulders
    5% Heirloom XP buff on Cloak
    10% Heirloom XP buff on Chest
    10% Heirloom XP buff on Leggings
    5% Heirloom XP buff on Ring (if you have it)

10% XP buff from Darkmoon Faire.
    10% XP buff from Guild Perk

65% more experience gained (70% if you have the ring - even more if you have potion or rested (even more if you are a pandaren rested)).

Levelling is so faster, didn't mind the pace before the experience nerf in Mists of Pandaria.
    We're talking temporary exp boosts here. Yes, heirlooms help, but nobody's going to claim that they're temporary boosts. At best we get 10% from Darkmoon Faire and 100% from killing mobs (less than half of your exp while leveling) when rested.

Another inaccuracy: the Pandaren racial doesn't make the rested bonus bigger, it just makes it last longer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    I feel the same. I don't know what it is with Pandaria. I loved it the first time but after that I hated it. I have never had a problem with levelling content until MoP and I have no idea why.
    Prolly the fact that you still can't fly on your alts until they also reach lvl 90

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Sure, why not. Then again..with heirlooms, rested xp, double xp from the daily as monk, less xp needed in older zones, etc it is all fairly fast already. Add the old RaF and the new lv 90 boost and ...don't we have enough?
    1. Not temporary.
    2. Pretty meager, and not exactly a time based boost that an exp weekend is.
    3. It's 50%, not double. It's significant, yes, but it's Monk only.
    4. Leveling constantly gets buffed, yes, but that's because it's much too long an endeavour to get to 90.
    5. Both RAF and the 90 boost cost a LOT of money.

No, we don't have enough. 1-90 is still a MAJOR time sink.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxiye View Post
    1. Not temporary.
    2. Pretty meager, and not exactly a time based boost that an exp weekend is.
    3. It's 50%, not double. It's significant, yes, but it's Monk only.
    4. Leveling constantly gets buffed, yes, but that's because it's much too long an endeavour to get to 90.
    5. Both RAF and the 90 boost cost a LOT of money.

No, we don't have enough. 1-90 is still a MAJOR time sink.
    RAF isnt very expensive and it shouldnt be hard to find someone to level with, and also 1-90 still takes shorter than 1-60 did.

I used something around 1 day and 3 hours or so for my monk 1-90, that was someone who takes his time levelling.
    You would have to work days to get from 1-60 back in the days.
    on the otherside I had 50% bonus xp 1-85 pretty much constantly and just about an hour without the 20% after 85
    also all normal heirlooms + guild xp

the thing is that if they keep adding extra heirlooms or other ways to get increased xp and reduced xp required, the levelling from 1-previous expansion level is going to be trivial.
    though I would still want some upped speed in outland I am horribly tired of levelling there, just due to it being 10 levels where the xp required increases quite a lot pr lvl while the xp gain is pretty much constant, unlike wotlk which is even all over, but the xp pr quest/mob kill increases faster than xp required pr lvl.
    Last edited by theburned; 2014-03-15 at 11:58 AM.