Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1
    Immortal Chickat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Orgrimmar
    Posts
    7,392

    Which of these classes is best for arena right now?

    I have a warlock/paladin/hunter/monk/mage/shaman.

    I would prefer destro lock/ret pally/ any hunter spec is fine/ ww monk/ enh or elem sham are both fine.

    Which of those specs are best right now in general bgs/arena I will prob do 2s and 3s. Im terrible at every one in pvp, so it doesn't matter what class i choose. I just want to pick something thats both viable, and wanted.
    Send me a PM and suggest a forum avatar based on my title, Immortal.

  2. #2
    All these classes speccs are strong,except ret pally.As long as i know till 2-2,1k rating ur safer bet would be mage or shaman,both encha and elem are great,encha has more combos and its easier to land the cc but is squishier than elem,elem in the other hand is tankier and u can performe decently with some practice,ur best bet is lock/elem/healer and for encha u can run either beastcleave(hunter/sham/healer) or turbocleave (war/encha/healer).Hunters are really strong as well and fairly easy as well.Keep in mind though that u can performe way better with a class that u enjoy u will feel the need to play and improve.

  3. #3
    Moderator Blithe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    1,725
    Quote Originally Posted by Fearnor View Post
    All these classes speccs are strong,except ret pally.As long as i know till 2-2,1k rating ur safer bet would be mage or shaman,both encha and elem are great,encha has more combos and its easier to land the cc but is squishier than elem,elem in the other hand is tankier and u can performe decently with some practice,ur best bet is lock/elem/healer and for encha u can run either beastcleave(hunter/sham/healer) or turbocleave (war/encha/healer).Hunters are really strong as well and fairly easy as well.Keep in mind though that u can performe way better with a class that u enjoy u will feel the need to play and improve.
    Mage definitely. Enhance? You're stuck doing Turbo or Beast Cleave, and even then Beast Cleave will be the one to get you past 2.2k. Elemental probably has the highest chance of compatibility this season out of all the listed classes, as LSD is one of the strongest compositions (they also have much more than Enhancement, too) and their utility is to die for, along with those instant Lava Bursts everybody loves. It's what won Blizzcon 2013 tournament, too. Just be prepared to get sat on.

    Destruction is alright but you end up getting pushed into Affliction eventually. Hunter can get pretty high with Beast or Thug Cleave but most of their compositions are currently KFC due to its TSG-like nature. I find Windwalkers seem to have a bit of trouble in 3's, but they're still pretty good and nobody currently wants a Retribution Paladin; they have nothing useful compared to the other melee which are almost equal.
    Last edited by Blithe; 2014-03-16 at 07:50 AM.

  4. #4
    The Patient Trollfat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
    Posts
    225
    Quote Originally Posted by Fearnor View Post
    both encha and elem are great,encha has more combos
    Encha? What the hell is encha?? I'm sorry but this is probably my biggest pet peeve, people misspelling ENHANCEMENT. Enhance. Enh. NOT Encha. Not ench.

    /Rant off

    OP, if you're looking to play somewhat competitively you simply can't go wrong with frost mage, affliction, or ele. For casual play, enhance can be hilariously fun. Their damage is insane and they will seem OP in random BGS.
    You can use Raid Finder to join a 25-player raid for some of the most epic experiences World of Warcraft has to offer.

  5. #5
    Immortal Chickat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Orgrimmar
    Posts
    7,392
    Well, im not looking to be competitive to be honest. Im just bored with pve, and want to farm a conquest set, then win enough 3v3s for the mount. Those are my only goals. After im geared ill just have some fun killing boosted 90s in bgs.
    Send me a PM and suggest a forum avatar based on my title, Immortal.

  6. #6
    Pit Lord MrApple's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Malmö
    Posts
    2,310
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Well, im not looking to be competitive to be honest. Im just bored with pve, and want to farm a conquest set, then win enough 3v3s for the mount. Those are my only goals. After im geared ill just have some fun killing boosted 90s in bgs.
    Then you seem to be looking for the _easiest_ of those classes.

    Go Enhancement. Its probably the easiest spec to do well with from the ones you listed.
    Easy rotation and easy burst. Team up with a healer + a hunter or a warrior and that mount
    will be yours in no time at all.
    Epic!

  7. #7
    Moderator Blithe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    1,725
    Quote Originally Posted by MrApple View Post
    Then you seem to be looking for the _easiest_ of those classes.

    Go Enhancement. Its probably the easiest spec to do well with from the ones you listed.
    Easy rotation and easy burst. Team up with a healer + a hunter or a warrior and that mount
    will be yours in no time at all.
    Enhancement will require a little more skill as you get higher due to a lack in survivability meaning you can't extend or stay offensive as long as a Warrior. I'm not saying Enhancement isn't easy to get the mount with, I'm just saying it's harder than a Warrior and Hunter. Warrior being the easiest, followed by the Hunter and then Enhancement.

    Any mongoloid melee cleave works too.
    Last edited by Blithe; 2014-03-16 at 11:34 AM.

  8. #8
    Immortal Chickat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Orgrimmar
    Posts
    7,392
    All i know is Me a destro lock and my sister a destro lock entered 2s, and lost like 6 games in a row. LOL
    Send me a PM and suggest a forum avatar based on my title, Immortal.

  9. #9
    Hunter doesnt require any skill to play, so you should pick hunter and get free 2200

  10. #10
    Playing a class that needs to cast just sucks this season as it sucked last season. Im not saying casters are not competitive (even it would be partially true) but especially when you play a low mmr...

    You will meet only hunters/dks and warriors in arenas. They will all jump on you and just loburst/interrupt/stun the shit out of you all game long while your teammates need to help you all the game so evetually you have a small window where you can do some dmg. As mage you can do some good dmg with lances since you dont need to cast, but you will always be target 1 to kill what can be pretty annoying.

    So yeah, bottom line, being caster can be tough and frustrating.

    Hunter loks like the best bet within your chars

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by PPN View Post
    So yeah, bottom line, being caster can be tough and frustrating.
    True, but you will only be "respected" if you play some limp-wristed, pussy weakling in a dress.

    So, paint your fingernails, put on your make up and prettiest evening gown, prance around like a dainty little woman and pew pew your way to 2.4K!

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitheqt View Post
    .Elemental probably has the highest chance of compatibility this season out of all the listed classes, as LSD is one of the strongest compositions (they also have much more than Enhancement, too) and their utility is to die for, along with those instant Lava Bursts everybody loves. It's what won Blizzcon 2013 tournament, too. Just be prepared to get sat on.
    I thought skill capped won blizzcon? LSchi was 2nd place

  13. #13
    Skill Capped played LSD and came 1st with chanimals on lock, talbadar on shammy and sodah on druid.

  14. #14
    Ele shaman i wud say, then mage and hunter. But if u mainly do 2s dont go ele.

  15. #15
    If you want the mount. Pick the enha shaman and go enha + hunter + warrior. Got me to 1,8k with triple dps farming mount. I replaced enha with a WW monk but enha is even better.

  16. #16
    bm or marksman hunter are good in a lot of combs
    ele schamie and destro lock are good for some combs
    ret pala is just bad .

  17. #17
    Field Marshal Mohyoto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    54
    Hunter doesnt require any skill to play, so you should pick hunter and get free 2200
    get a clue man, hunt doesn't require skill to play, are u high or smth? There is no such this as free 2200, anyway just another typical comment of a low rated scrub...

    OP as suggested above you best bet is to go for Enhancement/elemental as they are fund to play, easier to handle by new pvp-ers and you can constantly enjoy big crits.
    Last edited by Mohyoto; 2014-03-18 at 08:14 AM.

  18. #18
    If you are looking for a fun class in BG's ( Randoms) - Demo Lock is a bundle of fun. Not loved in Arenas though

  19. #19
    Honestly, I would pick anything but the Ret paladin. Their defenses are weak and if you ever do Rated BGs, you won't be playing ret for that reason (You have bubble, then you die.) Ret in Arena on the other hand is decent, it brings a lot of utility to the game and great off-heals - infact Ret is probably my favorite toon to cap 2s on each week because you can literally out heal most Healer/DPS teams with Ret/DPS. But, like all classes it has a learning curve and usually has a lot of macros to use all of your spells efficiently. For instance, a cleanse, HoP, Freedom, Sac, Flash of Light for me at least have 2 variables - one for each party member and it fills up my bars.

    You claim you are "terrible at every one in pvp" so I would suggest a Hunter. Hunters played well are extremely good, and a hunter played bad is still good

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I have a warlock/paladin/hunter/monk/mage/shaman.

    I would prefer destro lock/ret pally/ any hunter spec is fine/ ww monk/ enh or elem sham are both fine.

    Which of those specs are best right now in general bgs/arena I will prob do 2s and 3s. Im terrible at every one in pvp, so it doesn't matter what class i choose. I just want to pick something thats both viable, and wanted.

    Random BG: All are good, depending on if you want to DPS or heal.

    Rated BG: All healing specs of monk/shaman/pally are viable, Warlock will be the best dps-wise, Hunter & Ele second perhaps. WW monks and Ret won't be wanted as much as you go higher in the rankings.

    2s: All except Ret are quite good. Not to say Ret is bad, but you're better of being Holy and going with a strong dps.

    3s: Lock, Hunter and all healer specs you listed are great. Honourable mention to Ele because LSD (was it v1 or v2?) is tearing it up.



    Overall if you want some variety I say go Shaman. You can go Ele, Enhance or Resto depending on what you feel like doing. If you just want to DPS i'd say hunter is easier to pick up than lock, but they both have great potential at skill cap, lock still ahead though.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •