View Poll Results: How do you feel about Fred Phelps Dying?

Voters
214. This poll is closed
  • Im glad hes dying/dead

175 81.78%
  • I feel bad for him

39 18.22%
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    I don't like the options of this poll. I'm not glad he's dying, but I don't exactly feel bad either. I'm not petty or vengeful, and I don't like to see human life wasted. I feel like his was, and that's sad.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really care to be honest. If anything I'm a little (but only a little) upset that he's likely not afraid of dying since he thinks he's going to heaven.
    In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    I don't really care to be honest. If anything I'm a little (but only a little) upset that he's likely not afraid of dying since he thinks he's going to heaven.
    Take comfort that he will be in hell.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I find it ironic that some of the same people that despise the death penalty ironically celebrate the death of an individual under the same breath.

Deleted
    Good, everything is going according to my plan

*slowly walks back into the shadows*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigzoman20 View Post
    I find it ironic that some of the same people that despise the death penalty ironically celebrate the death of an individual under the same breath.
    Thats the kind of irony you find in an Alanis Morisette song, as in, no shred of irony. Someone dying of natural causes is of course similar to someones life being taken by somebody else with the chance that they could be innocent... I swear the analogies/comparisons in this thread are gradually getting worse. I'm getting dumber for continuing to read this thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Thats the kind of irony you find in an Alanis Morisette song, as in, no shred of irony. Someone dying of natural causes is of course similar to someones life being taken by somebody else with the chance that they could be innocent... I swear the analogies/comparisons in this thread are gradually getting worse.

There is hardly any difference between saying someone deserves to die when they die of natural causes or when they are killed. They are still saying that someone deserves death based upon previous offenses committed in life.

The "someone could be innocent" shit is intentionally changing the scope of that argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigzoman20 View Post
    Hardly.

There is hardly any difference between saying someone deserves to die when they die of natural causes or when they are killed. They are still saying that someone deserves death based upon previous offenses committed in life.
    Most people (from my experience) that are against the death penalty aren't in the "life is scared" crowd, but rather the "it's unacceptable if there's even a chance of one innocent person dying" crowd. And assuming they are in the latter, looking forward to Fred Phelps' death is not hypocritical in the slightest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dendrek View Post
    Most people (from my experience) that are against the death penalty aren't in the "life is scared" crowd, but rather the "it's unacceptable if there's even a chance of one innocent person dying" crowd. And assuming they are in the latter, looking forward to Fred Phelps' death is not hypocritical in the slightest.
    Indeed, there are several reasons for people to oppose the death penalty. As my last posts have made clear, my statement was more directed at those who oppose it because of the belief that seeking death as retribution for previous offenses is unethical as shit.

Of course, one stance is more philosophical whereas the other takes a policy perspective. But a conflict between those two is still hypocritical.

That, or someone has shitty justifications for ethical views.
    Last edited by THE Bigzoman; 2014-03-17 at 08:10 AM.

Hallelujah!

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not really appropriate to be posting a thread celebrating the death of someone.