Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    and healing touch (again they get a big heal while we don't).
    Flash Heal is a big heal.

HAHAHAHAHA I tried to keep a straight face but just couldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    granted we got buffed at the END of Wrath but until then we were the weakest class
    At least we got buffed back then. MoP has been the longest span of subparity and undesirability for shadow since I've played the game.

Deleted
    The damage buff is the easiest one to implement since it can be done by just buffing spells coefficient. What shadow really need in my opinion is some sort of rework to make the spec more pleasant to play. MoP shadow compared to cata one feels really dull and boring while also lacking any sort of spell synergy and when you add plethora of stupid little things shadow has to deal with like going oom on some fights, having main single target nuke tied to selfroot (now that I think about that ,insanity is basically a malzahar's ult), not a single dps during move ability there is just no real reason to play it instead of lock (Not talking from dps standpoint just mechanic-wise).

Quote Originally Posted by Keosen View Post
    A dot spreading mechanic, it's about time for god's sake.
    Shadow Word: Madness / Power Word: Vigor

Madness:

12% base mana

Site words of true madness from the old gods, spreading all dots excluding Devouring Plague to all targets within 30 yards.

1.5 second cast.

18s CD

What do you think

Power Word: Vigor

Cite words of wisdom and vigor to improve your targets capabilities:

tank specs: damage reduction 2% stack(*2 stacks)
    dps specs: healing taken increased 2% stack(*2 stacks)
    healing specs: increase mana regeneration by 2% (*2 stacks) of the Priests current Spirit.

instant cast
    18 second CD
    4% base mana

i dont heal often but it seems interesting
    Last edited by Replica; 2014-03-24 at 02:48 PM.

I get a kick out of people who want 3 orbs at the start. Big opening burst is one of the things that blizz has stated that they want to do away with. Yeah, of course, I would love 3 orbs at the start right now...but come WoD that is just not going to happen. The way that our mastery currently works along with SW:I at the start plus cooldowns/trinkets/prepot...it can get out of hand and they know it.

I would like to see a buff to basic Mind Flay and dot damage. Mind Flay makes a lot of sense balance wise if they're going for more immobile casters. The new hard hitting dot is a nice orb dump alternative which is cool and something I wanted.

I'm seeing so many people wanting big burst openings...3 orbs, 5 orbs, whatever. How do you think tanks would like to have try to power through that to hold solid aggro. As you may or may not know, it take a few seconds for tanks to establish control. Now let's equate this request into something current...Chaos Bolt. Tank pulls, lock insta-casts Chaos bolt, tank looses aggro and now your have a fecal blizzard.

The top 2 things we spriests should be asking for is on-par DPS and mobility that is on-par with other casting classes. That's all we can honestly ask for...some parity.

Quote Originally Posted by romanoutlaw06 View Post
    How do you think tanks would like to have try to power through that to hold solid aggro.
    Threat has not been a real issue for tanks since early WotLK.

Deleted
    Now let's equate this request into something current...Chaos Bolt. Tank pulls, lock insta-casts Chaos bolt, tank looses aggro and now your have a fecal blizzard.
    You barely ever cast chaos bolt right on pull since without procs its a waste of ember, also nowadays it takes 1-2 global max for tank to grab aggro unless the tank is like 30ilvl lower (60? for monk with keg smash).

Deleted
    My wishlist would look like that:
    - an useful SO single target dumper ( just make the lvl 100 talent baseline!)
    - an useful SO AoE dumper ( like dot-spreading or something like a void explosion)
    - get us in line with other casters (not as good as but smth in a 5% range)
    - give us a less boring mechanic to deal dmg, smth like we had with cata ds 4pcs boni.
    ( I actually liked that a lot)

Whoever finds gramma mistakes can keep them

I'm seeing so many people wanting big burst openings...3 orbs, 5 orbs, whatever. How do you think tanks would like to have try to power through that to hold solid aggro.
    Fade before the pull?

Quote Originally Posted by Cerbz View Post
    Fade before the pull?
    The way we did waaaaaayyyyy baaaaaack when threat was still an issue for tanks. Right now the only way to pull aggro is by bad tanks not even hitting stuff: tank autoattacks are enough to keep threat from any non-tank player.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dierdre View Post
    The way we did waaaaaayyyyy baaaaaack when threat was still an issue for tanks. Right now the only way to pull aggro is by bad tanks not even hitting stuff: tank autoattacks are enough to keep threat from any non-tank player.
    /sign
    Tanking is, like spriest have become, dull and boring!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidshifter View Post
    /sign
    Not really I'd argue - tanking has become much more interesting with the active mitigation systems - as opposed to before when it was just about passive defenses (high dodge/parry chances), and the occasional buff maintenance.

I don't think anybody ever found threat management to be particularly fun - from a tanks perspective it was an impossible task, and the solution was to DPS stat gear - which was counterintuitive to your survival - but there was a social pressure (and a real pressure, for enrage timers) to have high threat. From a DPS perspective it just meant a lot of 'off-DPS' time, where you would stop damaging and stand around waiting for the tank to build up threat.

In Vanilla, Shadow and Fury both had the very silly problem that our damage was heavily dependent on the tanks threat - because both Mind Blast and Heroic Strike were "Causes Very High Threat" abilities - and also our hardest hitting abilities. A geared Spriest or Fury would spend like half a raid boss just hopping around waiting until they had a sufficient gap to attack again, they'd threat cap - and then go back to /dance for 10-20 seconds.

I much prefer the model where tanking is about surviving, and DPS is about DPSing - rather than tanking is about gearing, and DPSing is about /dance'ing
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

/sign
    Am I the only one that enjoys my Spriest? :O
    We're driving lemon VWs while everyone else is driving Cadillacs. Warlocks are riding in a limo.
    Zoulr of Hexagon
    formerly Zoulis of Uknown Entity

Deleted
    I totally agree with your last sentence and Vanillas threat problems!
    Surely a bad argumentation on my side (if you can even call it like that)
    Saying tanking is dull and boring was more an QQ than anything else (shame on me!)

What I wanted to say:
    For me , threat is a big part of tanking too, like the optimal use of your active mitigations.
    To stay alive and make sure the Boss just hits you is the goal of a tank.
    So knowing that, beeing able to build up threat without the need to keep an eye on your threat, is a no-brainer.
    Thats more the point I wanted to make.

Sure threat-mechanics like vanillas or bcs where tanks needed to gear dmg equip instead of tank gear is fail. Typical Blizzard balancing problem.
    And having dmg dealers to "dance" to get under the tanks threat again too.
    But abilities like taunt are atm only used to grab adds (if there are some in the fight).
    A dps will not instantly be killed if he pulls aggro (ok it can happen though). Taunt and all should be good again.
    And there are some good aggro-reducing abilities like Fade, Soulshatter, Feign Death, Feint, Invisibility or Hand of Salvation. Nearly every class has some aggro-reduce. For quite some time, there had not been the need to use any of that in a raid.
    Not that i`ve seen that. LfRetard doesn't count!
    Again people should be aware of their threat lvl! I don't want it back to the times where you have to stop doing damage;
    just to watch your threat and use given abilities.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zoulis View Post
    Am I the only one that enjoys my Spriest? :O
    Maybe
    Compared to WotlK or Cata Spriests have become boring to me.
    And that we are way behind in most of the fights compared to other dd's is just ridiculous.

idk if they ever changed how fade works since i've played in wotlk doing 3/4 spark stacks for mally kills and fade would only drop you to zero and your threat would continue to grow while dots ticked and mf and whatever else you did and then it would dump ALL OF it back on you so fade isn't worth a damn
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

I totally agree with your last sentence and Vanillas threat problems!
    Surely a bad argumentation on my side (if you can even call it like that)
    Saying tanking is dull and boring was more an QQ than anything else (shame on me!)

What I wanted to say:
    For me , threat is a big part of tanking too, like the optimal use of your active mitigations.
    To stay alive and make sure the Boss just hits you is the goal of a tank.
    So knowing that, beeing able to build up threat without the need to keep an eye on your threat, is a no-brainer.
    Thats more the point I wanted to make.

Sure threat-mechanics like vanillas or bcs where tanks needed to gear dmg equip instead of tank gear is fail. Typical Blizzard balancing problem.
    And having dmg dealers to "dance" to get under the tanks threat again too.
    But abilities like taunt are atm only used to grab adds (if there are some in the fight).
    A dps will not instantly be killed if he pulls aggro (ok it can happen though). Taunt and all should be good again.
    And there are some good aggro-reducing abilities like Fade, Soulshatter, Feign Death, Feint, Invisibility or Hand of Salvation. Nearly every class has some aggro-reduce. For quite some time, there had not been the need to use any of that in a raid.
    Not that i`ve seen that. LfRetard doesn't count!
    Again people should be aware of their threat lvl! I don't want it back to the times where you have to stop doing damage;
    just to watch your threat and use given abilities.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe
    Compared to WotlK or Cata Spriests have become boring to me.
    And that we are way behind in most of the fights compared to other dd's is just ridiculous.
    Haven't used omen in 3-4 years prolly xD

Well I'm not comparing to how it was. I'll remind you though that with BiS gear in ICC we'd change a couple of our talents and our priority changed to mind flay above all, keeping DoTs up and pulling the officer card to have the other shadowpriest Mind Blasting the boss for the extra dmg (I think it gave sth like that back then.. Or was it a shatter mechanic? anyway) :P Still , shadowpriest was more fun in WotLK and a hell of alot fun in cata from what I've seen (took a break during cata and most of MoP )... I still find it quite fun to play at it's full potential at the moment. Min/Maxing everything to pull the best DPS possible , planning ahead (which is a pain with RPPM but still :P ) planning your position etc. I find it pretty fun since I really like focusing while raiding and doing the best I can... Even if that max potential is pretty low :P
    We're driving lemon VWs while everyone else is driving Cadillacs. Warlocks are riding in a limo.
    Zoulr of Hexagon

Deleted
    Haven't used omen in 3-4 years prolly xD
    Hahaha exactly my point!

Well I'm not comparing to how it was. I'll remind you though that with BiS gear in ICC we'd change a couple of our talents and our priority changed to mind flay above all, keeping DoTs up and pulling the officer card to have the other shadowpriest Mind Blasting the boss for the extra dmg (I think it gave sth like that back then.. Or was it a shatter mechanic? anyway) :P Still , shadowpriest was more fun in WotLK and a hell of alot fun in cata from what I've seen (took a break during cata and most of MoP )... I still find it quite fun to play at it's full potential at the moment. Min/Maxing everything to pull the best DPS possible , planning ahead (which is a pain with RPPM but still :P ) planning your position etc. I find it pretty fun since I really like focusing while raiding and doing the best I can... Even if that max potential is pretty low :P
    Mmmh can't remember that mechanic....

Mmmh can't remember that mechanic....
    It was when you were going only for 1/5 in the MB CD reduction talent after 1k haste and 4set or something. So i twas either using MB as your last prioritized spell or not at all :P The difference was minimal
    Last edited by Zoulis; 2014-03-27 at 09:56 PM.
    Zoulr of Hexagon

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    Not really I'd argue - tanking has become much more interesting with the active mitigation systems - as opposed to before when it was just about passive defenses (high dodge/parry chances), and the occasional buff maintenance.
    I don't dislike the old system. I'd like to see the new system without vengeance crapping it up though. Overall, the new system is much better for tank interaction and skill response, but I think that system sans vengeance would be superior.

I don't think anybody ever found threat management to be particularly fun - from a tanks perspective it was an impossible task, and the solution was to DPS stat gear - which was counterintuitive to your survival - but there was a social pressure (and a real pressure, for enrage timers) to have high threat.
    Threat wasn't a priest resource, but it was a rogue one. The ability to dps with effective threat dumps harkens back to a system by which hybrid healers could have good dps, but couldn't be doing it all the time (or they would pull!), while pure dps could go to town without being tuned massively higher (which they were anyway).

I agree it wasn't a good system from a dps perspective, but simply put, when you were near threat cap, the design intent is that you would switch to the much lower threat direct heals. But it's one of those secret design intents that they are too scared to tell people because they know it's bad.

I much prefer the model where tanking is about surviving, and DPS is about DPSing - rather than tanking is about gearing, and DPSing is about /dance'ing
    Totally. Tanks working at survival is a much better model, and threat is archaic in this game these days.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    Threat wasn't a priest resource, but it was a rogue one.
    Did you mean this backward? Through Vanilla if I cast Mind Blast on cooldown for a minute, I'd be the tank (and then shortly after, a corpse). In TBC I had to cycle off Vampiric Embrace often for the same reason. WotLK and Cata were less of an issue (largely because of 10 second fade on 15 second cooldown) - but I don't think rogues ever had to consider threat really?
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter