Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafal View Post
    I like the launcher.... >_> I only need to authenticate once for all my blizzard games.

And I can close WoW do something else, then play WoW again without re-authenticating.

Also WoW always had a launcher...now its just a launcher with more games attached o_o
    Same here not only that but i can understand do mine Account have Alpha/Beta by simply check

Deleted
    If you have an authenticator then this program is awesome, otherwise, it doesn't really apply to you.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't want to have more stuff running in the background. Steam Uplay Origin and now Bnet launcher? what's next? Warn Bros Launcher?

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Danifilth View Post
    I don't want to have more stuff running in the background. Steam Uplay Origin and now Bnet launcher? what's next? Warn Bros Launcher?
    The launcher launcher, brought to you by Facebook. Now you can keep your launchers organized and updated in one convenient location. No longer do you need to individually open or update 10 launchers. You can also more easily share all of your private information with the world on accident. It's going to revolutionize the market.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Eroginous View Post
    The problem I have with the Bnet app is not a performance related issue. It's the fact that when Blizzard has one or more games down for maintenance, the Bnet app is often also down for maintenance, making it impossible to launch other games from the launcher, even when they aren't down for maintenance. Imagine the following scenario:

Blizzard has just updated the Bnet app and forced all games to launch from it. It's Tuesday morning and Blizzard has decided that World of Warcraft needs maintenance, but HS and D3 are not going down. Because Blizzard takes down the Bnet client often when there's maintenance for a game, it is now impossible for you to launch SC2, D3, HS, or even HotS because Reasons.

I wouldn't even attempt to compare Bnet app to steam. At least on Steam there's an offline mode and they don't take service down randomly for maintenance. Worst case scenario, Steam applies a patch and asks you to restart Steam. You're still able to play all your games and you aren't stuck, unable to play because Valve decided to do maintenance. There have been times where specific games are offline because they are receiving maintenance, but that has more to do with the developers of those games and nothing to do with Steam itself.

No, the Bnet app is terrible in comparison to Steam.
    Well that's simply not true at all so there's an easy answer for that. I have absolutely played a Blizzard game from the launcher while another was on maintenance. Dozens and dozens of times.

- - - Updated - - -

Why does it matter? It's lite as a feather. This isn't 1995.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eroginous View Post
    That's only true of Wow and SC2 at the moment. After they update the launcher, zero games will be launch-able without first using the launcher. Right now, HS, HotS, and Diablo all require that you launch the Bnet app first. Just try launching any of those games through the exe. It will first launch the bnet app. If you don't have it installed, they will prompt you to install it.
    D3 wants only launcher to be instaled. You do not need to run that program except for running patch updates
    I use game.exe for d3 without any problems
    Last edited by mmoc2b5ad7a33a; 2014-06-26 at 03:44 PM.

Well that's simply not true at all so there's an easy answer for that. I have absolutely played a Blizzard game from the launcher while another was on maintenance. Dozens and dozens of times.
    Part of what I said is a reference to the future, once they update the Bnet app again. Good luck launching games while it's down for maintenance.

D3 wants only launcher to be instaled. You do not need to run that program except for running patch updates
    I use game.exe for d3 without any problems
    Again, this is about the future.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunius View Post
    The risk is not equal. And it doesn't know my IP, if I bring my PC to a place I've never been before with an IP I never had before, it still logs me in automatically. With WoW client, I have to log in EACH TIME. That means if my PC is stolen or someone gets physical access to it in some other way, with battle.net client my account would basically be left unprotected - without even a password prompt.
    The same thing can be said about any piece of software. If your physical computer is compromised it's no longer Blizzards problem. That's why they have full disk encryption.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Entirely defeating the purpose. So...if someone indeed wanted to be as safe as possible, they now have to run a middle man program to accomplish the same end result. That's um...not exactly an argument in its favor.
    MiTM are not realistic vectors of attack with the authenticator timing out in 60 seconds or less.

Quote Originally Posted by CandyCotton Marshmallows View Post
    The problem I and my wife seem to have with it, is we both get more disconnects when we run it. We have a cable 60 Mbps service, nothing else is cutting out, no other MMOs or online games do we experience this with. The Bnet launcher is the only thing; it randomly goes 'offline' and thus boots us from the game, two separate PCs, connected through ethernet, not wifi.

Unless they can fix their bnet connection issues, the launcher usually only gets launched when I want to chat with some people but not log into the game. Fix the bnet issues, and I'll not care much about the launcher, until then, having it mandatory would be an annoyance, and possibly be just another reason on my list for when I unsub again.
    Similar experiences, here, with multiple people connected behind same router. Bug!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    MiTM are not realistic vectors of attack with the authenticator timing out in 60 seconds or less.
    Umm...we're talking about having a computer physically stolen.
    BAD WOLF

15+ Year Old Account
    Then configure these applications not to launch on startup. Click start, and launch MSCONFIG. Disable programs in the startup tab. Or configure this in the application itself.

The new launcher the same as the old, just with more commercials in it. Despite the small benefits it's most just adware for Blizzard games

As an IT guy I will avoid it as virulently as one should avoid IE.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    My wife refuses to use Curse Client b/c she'd rather manually install everything.
    that's called 'being stubborn'... refusing to do something even though it makes it soooo much easier, and you still have full control

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by g01851 View Post
    that's called 'being stubborn'... refusing to do something even though it makes it soooo much easier, and you still have full control
    Easy is not always right. We all have our bad juju we'd like to avoid in life. Far be it from me to judge each person's chosen juju.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Salisbury, Rhodesia & Leiden , The Netherlands
    I'm against it. Is it going to be like Uplay or something like that crap. I only play WoW when it comes to Blizzard games. So I want my launcher do be WoW themed and I don't see why I need a blizzard launcher when I can just go to WoW instantly.
    "This is no swaggering askari, no Idi Amin Dada, heavyweight boxing champion of the King's African Rifles, nor some wide shouldered, medal-strewn Nigerian general. This is an altogether more dangerous dictator - an intellectual, a spitefull African Robespierre who has outlasted them all." - The Fear: Robert Mugabe and the martyrdom of Zimbabwe, Peter Godwin.

15+ Year Old Account
    Umm...we're talking about having a computer physically stolen.
    You were referring to having the launcher not remember you which could leave you open to a MITM attack rather than saving your password in case your computer is stolen. I'm saying MITM are not a reality with such a short timeframe. So if you're paranoid then don't save the password like someone suggested.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    You were referring to having the launcher not remember you which could leave you open to a MITM attack rather than saving your password in case your computer is stolen. I'm saying MITM are not a reality with such a short timeframe. So if you're paranoid then don't save the password like someone suggested.
    ...no, the person who posted was talking about having their computer stolen which still logs you on even if your IP changes, effectively meaning a physical theft could result in compromising their WoW account. The solution to prevent it is to force it to put in your password/authenticator every time...which defeats the purpose of convenience people keep throwing around. Please don't tell me what I'm talking about. I can put my own words in my mouth, thank you.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by g01851 View Post
    No, it's about not trusting the program. If you really don't want to use the launcher you're not forced into using it. You weren't ever forced to use it even when WoW wanted to download patches; you could actually make WoW itself download it in its incredibly stupid way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah not sure what there is to complain about, I like it. The only thing I find annoying is when you're chatting with a friend and it doesn't notify you when he chats back. Like when you're watching a movie in another window, nothing pops up, so a lot of times I would miss their chat by like an hour. I wish they would add some sort of notification when they reply to you like a sound or a pop up window.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Well, I have a problem with online-required games in general.
    The new launcher could use a "Login Invisible" or "Appear Offline on Login" option.
    The first tile could also relay important news instead of being blizzard ads.

"New Party Mount!" --> "Summer sale 50% off" Nothing about the summer/fire whatever event that just started ingame.