Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

New Souls Abilities and Calculator

Rift fansite Magelo have put up a soul tree calculator to test drive your awesome new build

Soul Tree calculator >>> http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree/pts

A list of all the new abilities:

Cleric Support soul, the Oracle: http://rift.magelo.com/en/pts/abilities/60/Oracle

Mage Tanking soul, the Arbiter: http://rift.magelo.com/en/pts/abilities/58/Arbiter

Rogue Healing soul, the Physician: http://rift.magelo.com/en/pts/abilities/59/Physician

Warrior Healing soul, the Liberator: http://rift.magelo.com/en/pts/abilities/61/Liberator

Bare in mind, this is all based on PTS and is subject to changes and stuff, what you see now will not necessarily be what we end up with in 2.7

**Edit**

Added new links for abilities, apparently the old links were polling out of date data so a lot of the abilities were obsolete
    Last edited by Slipmat; 2014-03-17 at 12:32 PM.

Just looked over mage. Mechanically it looks boring. It doesn't seem to play interesting besides having to dump all charge to get a shield. But will see how it actually plays out and another soul to go full 61 points in /sigh
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

"Group therapy" rofl.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    "Group therapy" rofl.
    Trion is trying to tell us something

i never relied that much on charge for mages besides for chloromancer, so arbiter will be interesting to play for me. and i love how arbiters feel more like battlemages with the obvious pairing with harbinger.

my one complaint is how i can't make a medic using physician and tactician for its healing torrent.

This is cool! Thanks for the post, checking it out later for sure.

Besides oracle. I see them all 61 pointers or bust. Kinda disappointed that 61 points is just so strong and middle of the pact are just meh which discourages hybrid.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Besides oracle. I see them all 61 pointers or bust. Kinda disappointed that 61 points is just so strong and middle of the pact are just meh which discourages hybrid.
    As if things are not hard enough to balance with all the multiple specs as it is. Encouraging hybrids would throw balance out the window.

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    As if things are not hard enough to balance with all the multiple specs as it is. Encouraging hybrids would throw balance out the window.
    That is the point of the system is to have these mass hybrid things. Making 61 point dominate is just the easy way out and they know this. Eventually I feel like they are going to trim out the bulk of these +damage modifiers like WoW did because there isn't a point to them anymore with them making 61 point or bust specs.

It sorta has to be that way really within Rift. The soul system is flexible but its not flexible to the point that you can do whatever-the-fuck for certain tasks. The devs are okay with that so far.

Many builds are possible, not all are viable for raiding, PVP, dungeons or leveling. For example.

It isn't the point of the soul system to have a "mass hybrid things". It just gives you options. Some are better or more suited than others to certain tasks.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2014-03-16 at 11:39 PM.

That is the point of the system is to have these mass hybrid things. Making 61 point dominate is just the easy way out and they know this. Eventually I feel like they are going to trim out the bulk of these +damage modifiers like WoW did because there isn't a point to them anymore with them making 61 point or bust specs.
    Yeah it disappoints me how they did that.

At release the entire souls system was loved by myself and my friends because of the ability to make wacky niche specs spread across 3 souls.

Now it is 61 in 1 soul and little bits of left overs for the other 2, leaving choices pretty much non-existant in the Hybrid sense.

OT: though a Warrior with a side soul of medic sounds like they would have a pretty decent jump in survivability in PvP.

Say Champ/Lib/?
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

Ummm, no. The point is to hav options. Even with 61-pt builds alone each class has far more options than most other games where you have 2 or maybe 3 options. The point is not to have mass hybrid options. If it was the point, there would be, tere are not, so it isn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    The abilities linked in the original first post were old talents and most are gone, have edited the post with new links, just in case people didn't notice the edits

Cleric: http://rift.magelo.com/en/pts/abilities/60/Oracle

Mage: http://rift.magelo.com/en/pts/abilities/58/Arbiter

Rogue: http://rift.magelo.com/en/pts/abilities/59/Physician

Warrior: http://rift.magelo.com/en/pts/abilities/61/Liberator

Arbiter is the most engaging and in my opinion by far the most enjoyable tanking spec Rift has. It definitely has the most nuances and depth in terms of ability management, plus it looks badass.

Getting a chance to look at these now; here's a quick assessment.

The Liberator looks very traditional and very solid. The souls is most akin to a Priest of either spec, with a taste of Monk due to the ability to heal with their melee ability. Single target heals, AoE heals, absorption spells, defensive cooldowns, cleanses, survivability spells - This Soul should be very familiar for healers coming off of WoW and other conventional MMO's. This is definitely a Soul you'd want to pick up as a tank or a DPS looking for some extra survivability soloing content.

The Oracle is a bit more complicated but at the same time still decently straightforward. This Soul is the essence of supporting your allies wrapped up into a neat package. Spells are broken up into several categories: Emblems are damaging abilities that grant the player some kind of buff. Insignia spells also deal damage while often simultaneously triggering some sort of effect. Anthems and Favors are basic supportive abilities that don't stack and give allies some kind of passive effect. The Oracle also boasts other powerful utility spells to debuff enemies or otherwise alter the flow of battle. The Soul is based on a core of bouncing back and forth between different abilities, casting spells depending on the situation.

The Arbiter Soul is a bit more toned down than the others, with some focus on micromanaging buffs on yourself and other allies in your party or raid. The Arbiter is unique in the respect that it derives defensive stats from spellcaster attributes; Deflect & Parry from Intelligence, Dodge from Wisdom. This, along with the Soul's ability to enhance their survivability by applying buffs and shields through Charge spells, and the Arcane Ward, allow them to tank just like any other class. Aside from this the Arbiter possesses a multitude of absorption spells for themselves and their allies, along with a slew of cooldowns to help them in combat.

The Physician is a ranged healing Soul that starts out with a heavy emphasis on healing the caster, and this motif carries out the entire time. This slowly evolves into restoring health to allies as well, through direct healing and by the effects of various abilities. Apart from the typical litany of single-and-multi target healing, absorption effects, and other supportive abilities, the Physician can also opt to heal allies through damaging abilities, allowing them to add extra DPS to an encounter while also keeping the group moderately healthy.

All in all, these Souls are fantastic. There is maturity and deep thought in these. Careful scrutiny was used when the devs were crafting these Souls. Even if these skills and spells aren't set in stone, they couldn't approve much from here.

Deleted
    Mage tank seems interesting =)
    However, anyone know any info about cost of souls? Will you be able to buy them separately, or you must buy for all classes? How much will it be and will you be able to buy using rex?

Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    Mage tank seems interesting =)
    However, anyone know any info about cost of souls? Will you be able to buy them separately, or you must buy for all classes? How much will it be and will you be able to buy using rex?
    They have not said how much they will cost yet, though using a REX gives you Credits, everything on the store costs credits, so yes, you will be able to get them without spending real money if you want. The only thing they said about it is that they will be using a different pricing scheme then the SL souls. I am guessing that means more than the SL souls and I personally do not think they will be separate.

Just to clarify how REX work, a REX is something that is bought with real money then sold in game. Once you have it in game you open it like a container and it gives you credits, same as if you had bought the credits from the store.

Just looked over mage. Mechanically it looks boring. It doesn't seem to play interesting besides having to dump all charge to get a shield. But will see how it actually plays out and another soul to go full 61 points in /sigh
    It plays extremely similar to this Pally/Reaver physical mitigation build I have on my warrior. Took almost no time to get used to the rotations especially with some of the guides posted. I am more worried about raids and what not but in Tier 2 raid gear in 61 Arb I was sitting at 72k health.

Only thing will be gearing which will be a bitch after 2.7

Liberator is amazing. They got it exactly right to my imagined ideal for the skills/operation.

I need to figure out how to make this tank now.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Liberator is amazing. They got it exactly right to my imagined ideal for the skills/operation.

I need to figure out how to make this tank now.
    Yeah need to get the patience to go mess with that soul. What kind of gear does it use? Stats? Is it just your dps set or something? Please god do not tell me I need to build another gear set for Warrior healing.