Deleted

(Feral) FoN or SotF without RoR

Dear fellow druids,

I've been running with SotF for a very long time, but recently started to squeeze every single bit of dps of out my druid that I can. I read about FoN being stronger than SotF with a RoR proc because of snapshotting the treant rake. However, I have Haromm's and TED flex 2/2, and since they both give massive agi bonuses, I was wondering if it would be worth it to swap to FoN.

Here is my armory if needed: Derpkitty. Don't pay attention to the weapon being ungemmed/unenchanted, I just got it and will be taken care of soon.

On a different note, I had a question about my dps in general. For single-target fights with little interruptions, I have just crossed the 300k mark. That was using my old weapon (2/2 flex). The DPS for other fights varies from 250k-350k. Is this appropriate for a feral of my gear?

Thanks in advance for the answers!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Double-D View Post
    Dear fellow druids,

I've been running with SotF for a very long time, but recently started to squeeze every single bit of dps of out my druid that I can. I read about FoN being stronger than SotF with a RoR proc because of snapshotting the treant rake. However, I have Haromm's and TED flex 2/2, and since they both give massive agi bonuses, I was wondering if it would be worth it to swap to FoN.

Here is my armory if needed: Derpkitty. Don't pay attention to the weapon being ungemmed/unenchanted, I just got it and will be taken care of soon.

On a different note, I had a question about my dps in general. For single-target fights with little interruptions, I have just crossed the 300k mark. That was using my old weapon (2/2 flex). The DPS for other fights varies from 250k-350k. Is this appropriate for a feral of my gear?

Thanks in advance for the answers!
    Can't say I have ever used FoN but they no longer cast rake, they cast entangling roots.

Quote Originally Posted by Rinni1990 View Post
    Can't say I have ever used FoN but they no longer cast rake, they cast entangling roots.
    they cast rake ,which is scale also from palyer stats, and roots together
    however FoN is not that much ahead,so people still prefer SoTF due it's smoother gameplay from energy gain point of view

Deleted
    Hmm, I guess the only way to find out is to try. Just wanted to know if (in theory) the dps could be higher. Thanks for the answers given! If anybody has further insight on this topic, feel free to post, I'll be checking in a few hours (at work atm).

you can check yourself how much difference of dps is FoN vs SoTF in Catus simulation
    there also been some parses of ranking in feral guilde thread of people using specific talent, as simc results also, try using search button

Deleted
    In Catus it shows there is 3-4% to be gained from using FoN vs SotF. All I have to find out now is if I can make use of that benefit without the energy gains from SotF in practice, or if the energy loss from FoN causes lower uptime on bleeds, which would kill the dps. Again, thanks for the replies!

HoTW + FoN + non-rune is decent build.

My hunch is FON is better more because of how fast we generate combo points now regardless of RoR. If SoTF is just going to end up dumping more energy into FB then its not very efficient because FB is so terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by teddabear View Post
    My hunch is FON is better more because of how fast we generate combo points now regardless of RoR. If SoTF is just going to end up dumping more energy into FB then its not very efficient because FB is so terrible.
    don't say bullshit
    pathetic treant's rake hit for ~20k not gonna beat 300k FB hits, and it's not only FB, but SR and Rip also
    Last edited by Zstr; 2014-03-17 at 09:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zstr View Post
    don't say bullshit
    pathetic treant's rake hit for ~20k not gonna beat 300k FB hits, and it's not only FB, but SR and Rip also
    FoN definitely sims higher for me in Catus.

FoN definitely sims higher for me in Catus.
    Simulations =/= Actual gameplay

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    Simulations =/= Actual gameplay
    And this is how it turned out for me. After trying to smack the dummy around 3x for 3 mins with each talent, I found FoN odd to use with the way I play my druid. I just always seemed to be short on energy for getting those sneaky last-second trinketbuffed rips and rakes in, and it eventually cost me dps rather than gaining it. This is what I wanted to find out.

Looks like I'm sticking with SotF!

Quote Originally Posted by Double-D View Post
    And this is how it turned out for me. After trying to smack the dummy around 3x for 3 mins with each talent, I found FoN odd to use with the way I play my druid. I just always seemed to be short on energy for getting those sneaky last-second trinketbuffed rips and rakes in, and it eventually cost me dps rather than gaining it. This is what I wanted to find out.

Looks like I'm sticking with SotF!
    That's a good rule of thumb. When your item level gets high enough that you are frequently dumping combo points into FB you are probably better off with FoN. If you still need the energy to smooth out your rotation stick with SotF.

Deleted
    That's a good rule of thumb. When your item level gets high enough that you are frequently dumping combo points into FB you are probably better off with FoN. If you still need the energy to smooth out your rotation stick with SotF.
    Without rune this choice should be quite easy to see when you get to the right gear level. Once you do get a rune however, the difficulty of the spec increases exponentially. If you play with Rune AND DoC, then I wouldn't recommend playing with treants as well until you get REALLY comfortable with it. I personally use all of those for Immerseus (sometimes at least, because there is downtime and the root is good), Norushen and Juggernaut. The rest requires too much brain capacity at all times to allow for no mistakes. Remember that if you do make even slight mistakes (and it is very possible to miss important things even) then you would have been better off without FoN.