Deleted

The reason behind no flying in Wod

As much as I like the idea of no flying, I can't seem to think of any other reason than that they are doing this so they can slack on some artwork and stuff that we can only see while flying :>.
    thoughts?

Edit: goddamn the million typos
    Last edited by mmoc01719f4bf8; 2014-03-16 at 08:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    No-flying forces players to actually see the artwork at groundlevel. I always assumed that was the reason.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cylom View Post
    As much as I like the idea of no flying, I can't seem to think of any other reason than that they are doing this so they can slack on some artwork and stuff that we can only see why flying :>.
    thoughts?
    to make content last longer by making us do it slower, rather than bringing out more content faster.

They do that anyway. Have you flown around in Azeroth? Shitty randomly computer generated mountains.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well, that's one way to look at it...

OR...

You could look to the pattern established in most of WoW's expansions that flying was not available until higher levels were gained (70 in BC, 77 in LK, 90 in MoP), and perhaps believe that the hundreds and hundreds of tweets and posts and blogs by Blizzard describing why they are gating flying (and musing over its exclusion in WoD) as the reason.

If you headed a project that will cost over 100 million dollars, are you going to devote an appreciable amount of time and resource to bamboozle your player base because you're skimping on art?
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

10+ Year Old Account
    There are a lot of open threads in our Warlords Discussion forum concerning no flying to discuss your opinions in.