Using a couple Ele pieces for Resto

Does it matter? I accidentally used a Burden of Eternity for a ring while I was resto so it doesn't have Spirit. And I did the same with my neck. I was wondering if the itemization numbers are the same but it just goes to a stat other than spirit? Or will it be lacking some intellect?

My toon: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...humbles/simple Look at my neck/ring.

I have enough spirit so that's not really the issue. I'm just more worried that I'm robbed out of something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    Does it matter? I accidentally used a Burden of Eternity for a ring while I was resto so it doesn't have Spirit. And I did the same with my neck. I was wondering if the itemization numbers are the same but it just goes to a stat other than spirit? Or will it be lacking some intellect?

My toon: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...humbles/simple Look at my neck/ring.

I have enough spirit so that's not really the issue. I'm just more worried that I'm robbed out of something else.
    Elemental and Resto both can get a mixture of Spirit/Haste/Mastery/Crit, regardless of spec. The base primary stat on each timeless item is the same for all classes and specs. It wouldn't matter if you used to timeless item as Elemental or Resto, you'd get the same items.

The only time you'd 'get robbed', is if you got an item with just one secondary stat (because you'd only have ~66% of the secondaries compared to a timeless piece with two secondary stats.)

Unrelated: How in God's name did you manage to get so many Burdens?!

I can only see one looted Burden from your news feed, so I'll assume the other 6 were purchased. You farmed 300,000 Timeless Coins?
    Last edited by Anzen; 2014-03-17 at 02:22 PM.

Deleted
    As Anzen said, it doesn't really matter. The secondary stats are useful for both resto and ele. However, as a sidenote, can I ask you: if you feel like you have enough spirit, why did you reforge those items back into spirit? As a resto, you might benifit a lot more from crit if you feel like you're not going oom anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    Elemental and Resto both can get a mixture of Spirit/Haste/Mastery/Crit, regardless of spec. The base primary stat on each timeless item is the same for all classes and specs. It wouldn't matter if you used to timeless item as Elemental or Resto, you'd get the same items.

The only time you'd 'get robbed', is if you got an item with just one secondary stat (because you'd only have ~66% of the secondaries compared to a timeless piece with two secondary stats.)

Unrelated: How in God's name did you manage to get so many Burdens?!

I can only see one looted Burden from your news feed, so I'll assume the other 6 were purchased. You farmed 300,000 Timeless Coins?
    No I havn't bought one on that character. Just relentlessness Rare farming will do it. And good, I didn't feel like farming another just for some spirit. I wasn't sure how exactly they were different between specs.
    Last edited by Dormie; 2014-03-17 at 03:09 PM.