Deleted

What weapon for warlock pvp?

What weapon for affi warlock pvp? staff or duel wield?

FIRST POST!

Quote Originally Posted by kacperiks View Post
    What weapon for affi warlock pvp? staff or duel wield?

FIRST POST!

Using MH/OH in the past has usually resulted in slightly higher stats but currently the staff is slightly higher overall. You have 86 more int by using MH/OH but the rest of the stats end up better with the staff. That being said, they're so close that you're better off just picking what you think looks better. It won't make or break your game.

Staff:
    Int=960
    Stam=1440
    SP=5497
    PVP P=4770
    Crit=640
    Mastery=640

MH/OH:
    Int=946 (+100 for OH enchant) = 1046
    Stam=1419
    SP=5496
    PVP P=4770
    Crit=631
    Mastery=548

The other thing to consider is your race. If you are human, for example, you definitely want the sword/OH combo to get the bonus expertise.

Deleted
    Ok thank for answer! I take staff.

Quote Originally Posted by CodeConqueror View Post
    Using MH/OH in the past has usually resulted in slightly higher stats but currently the staff is slightly higher overall. You have 86 more int by using MH/OH but the rest of the stats end up better with the staff. That being said, they're so close that you're better off just picking what you think looks better. It won't make or break your game.

Staff:
    Int=960
    Stam=1440
    SP=5497
    PVP P=4770
    Crit=640
    Mastery=640

MH/OH:
    Int=946 (+100 for OH enchant) = 1046
    Stam=1419
    SP=5496
    PVP P=4770
    Crit=631
    Mastery=548
    I'm not so convinced that the staff is slightly higher. I guess that would depend on what stat weights you were using, and I'm not entirely sure there are any completely accurate stat weights. That being said, they are really close. I'd consider the 31 stam difference to be negligible. And in the end you're talking about 86 int vs. 101 secondary stats. This comes back to the stat weight argument. I'm certainly not making the assertion that the following logic is 100% accurate, but I think it probably ballparks it fairly well. If pvp stat weights are anything like pve stat weights, then int's value is going to be considerably more than any secondary stat. That reasoning indicates that the 86 int gain from the mh/oh would be better than the gain of 101 secondary stat values. But again, chances are they are really close. Though you don't see many of the top pvp'ers on arenajunkies using the staff, for what that's worth.

For destro, 2 mastery > 1 int, so it would take ~170 mastery to overcome the 86 int benefit. Not sure about the weight for affliction though, been a bit since I've played aff spec.

But, either way, even if one is technically, slightly better, the difference is so negligible that unless it's putting you over a break point you need (which there are no mastery/crit break points regardless of spec) it's not going to make any effective difference.

Even if slightly weaker, I choose MH/OH because I prefer the look and I got used to how it was back in the day when MH/OH was a clear winner over almost any staff.