Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account

Hows the content?

I've been considering jumping into this game for a long time...but I've heard mixed reviews on the quality of the content. Anyone who has played it a bit have a solid opinion on it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by caikems View Post
    I've been considering jumping into this game for a long time...but I've heard mixed reviews on the quality of the content. Anyone who has played it a bit have a solid opinion on it?
    Since it's free to play why not just try it out?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    Since it's free to play why not just try it out?
    This is really the correct answer.

You either love or hate SWTOR, there's not a lot of people in the middle.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I got started in the game a few months ago, round Christmas / New Year, and so far I've been very impressed with the content.

All of the class stories that I've tried have been very engaging - it's easy to slip into your character and have them play out according to classic tropes : power-hungry maniac, noble galaxy-saving hero, greedy and calculating criminal, and so on.

The planetary stories (the generic quests that are available to all characters) are also good, on the whole, although they don't always fit with your personal roleplay style, so I pick and choose which missions I do. They will also get more repetitive, naturally, since all characters follow the same basic progression path around the galaxy map.

The crafting and gathering is fairly standard stuff (collect metals, combine them in different ways to make items, etc), but I like it. It ties in with your Companions, NPCs who join your spaceship crew as your story progresses. These guys are really well done, plenty of excellent voice acting and interesting back stories. And it's them who will carry out most or all of the crafting, even while you are logged out or adventuring.

The Flashpoints (instanced group play) have been a lot of fun, and some of them really tie in well with the over-arching story arc. Again, they probably get boring if you end up grinding them over and over for points or gear, but I don't plan on doing that. Some of them are also a significant challenge. I had a dozen wipes in a PUG run of Lost Island, a lvl 50 FP, at the weekend. Most of us were new players I think, hehe.

Endgame raiding, I have no experience of yet. But from the explosion of missions that popped up on the Fleet when I reached level 50, it certainly seems like there is a wide variety of Operations, daily areas, and 'heroic' content.

I have done zero PvP or Galactic Starfighter stuff at this stage, so can't really comment. But from what I see in the pvp chat channels on the Fleet, there is plenty of activity in these areas.

I've been a subscriber pretty much from the point I started, but it seems like an incredibly good deal that you can get reasonable access to much of what I described above with just some minimal spending in their cash shop. I highly recommend that you give it a shot. It'll cost you nothing but some time and some download bandwidth if you just want to try it for a day or two.

"The content" is such a vague term, too, and I really dislike when people use it. Try to be more specific. What exactly do you want to know about? The PvP? The raiding? The Starfighter stuff? Ask specific questions and maybe you'll actually get the answers you want.

The leveling content is excellent. Among the best, in some says the best, leveling experience in an MMORPG of the 2nd era style.

The dungeon content is also fairly good, though some can be overlong for no real reason other than sloppiness in design.

Operations, SWTOR's raid content, is s mixed bag. Some of it is too easy, some of it too long, some of it bizarrely structured, etc.

SWTOR is a very enjoyable if flawed MMORPG. The production value is great for the most part and the play systems are familiar faire for this subgenre era.