Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    You know what, kill me now. Believe whatever you want <_<.... Good god!

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    You know what, kill me now. Believe whatever you want <_<.... Good god!
    /fires pistol

Sorry but i agree with his post 100%

Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    How does this not have enough love? How can none of you people like the idea of an old man praying and summoning a gigantic Buddha statue that follows his fighting pattern. Yall Naruto nubbs.
    id like to watch it, never watched naruto will have to serch harder to find it

edit: found it seems i wasnt typing it correctly will watch it later may be raiding for quite a bit

It was a good ride gentlemen!

TV animation HUNTERxHUNTER confirmed conclusion at 148th episode. At present only 6 episodes until conclusion, final episode to broadcast September 24.

"Dark continent in sight".
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...ode-148/.77699

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, this is a necro but I think it's still the proper place to ask.

Does it matter if I watch the 2011 version before the 1999 version ?

Are there any glaring differences between the sub/dub for either version ?

I'm almost certain I saw the first episode of the '99 version around 2003 from a fansub group.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post

I'm almost certain I saw the first episode of the '99 version around 2003 from a fansub group.
    Haven't watched the older version but my friend told me it doesn't matter since they both tell the same story from the start more or less just that 2011 y'know keeps going whereas 1999 stops after the first four arcs

As for sub/dub I couldn't tell you since I watched the entire thing with subs but another friend of mine watched a few episodes with dubs and said it's pretty good quality

Watch the 2011 version, I know nothing about the quality of the dub, but I suspect it's just about what you prefer like it is in almost every case.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post

They both tell the same story for the most part although there are a few small changes. The '11 version moves at a much faster pace at the start seemingly to get the main cast together and to start the Hunter trials (the first major arc of the series) as quickly as possible.

As far as sub/dub quality, I cannot really say if one dub is better or worse. I do know that some people prefer the older japanese voice cast better than the later but the newer one is perfectly fine and if you have never even seen the older version, I doubt you will have any issues with it.

There is one single change about the '11 version that I really dislike though. At the very start of the series, they change something that makes it so when a certain character shows up way, way later in the series, it has far less of an impact. That said, in the grand scheme of things, it isn't a big deal but it was one of my favorite moments from both the manga and the original anime so it always bugged me.