View Poll Results: What is the right name for WWII death camps?

Voters
23. This poll is closed
  • Nazi concentration death camps

19 82.61%
  • Polish concentration death camps

1 4.35%
  • German concentration death camps

3 13.04%
  • Fascist concentration death camps

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Thanks for the answers, something I've wondered about for a while.

Deleted
    Nazi concentration camps...

And take it from someone who has been to Auschwitz and Birkenau (1991). They are some of the most horrifying places on the planet to this day and 25 fucking horses couldn´t drag me back there.

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    I have a question I'd like to ask someone who knows a lot about the era of WW2. When it came to the Nazi (German) tanks, planes and other vehicles of war, who built those? I mean was it BMW and Mercedes? And if it was how are those companies still around and so profitable. They obviously profitted from Nazi war crimes, and what the Nazis did generally throughout that period. It would be mind blowing to me that those companies existed before the war - through the war - profitted from the war (and the general behavior the Nazis demonstrated) - and exist to this day.
    I don't see the problem. Almost the whole german industry was involved in the war in some part. So what do you expect should have happened to them after the war ? Do you want to have every bakery disbanded because they baked bread that soldiers ate ?
    Somehow after a war life has to go on, especially since the US wanted Germany as a buffer against the soviets. Companies that used forced labor were punished for it but aside from that, most just went on.
    Whats so bad about mercedes benz building military trucks for the army in the war ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    for some reasosn, it's most common in Germany.
    Grammar, mostly. In german, that term just means that they were in poland, not that the polish had anything to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    can´t answer your poll, how i´ve learned it they are called concentration camps, the addition of location is just to tell where this/these particular concentration camps was/were

so a polish concentration camp would be a concentration camp located on polish soil

it´s pretty obvious who run them, Nazis, but even that doesn´t mean they were german run, because there weren´t only german nazis
    The thing is, the nazi camps in Poland were not run by Polish people. Poland was occupied country, not a collaborating one like Romania. Or Croatia. Which also brings to light the issue that not all death camps in German-alligned Europe were ran by the Nazi. Croatian camps were ran by Ustaše. Which emphasizes the fact that calling them "Nazi death camps" is not pointless or redundant.

The point is, Nazi camps in Poland were build by Germans, on territory controlled by Germans and were ran by Germans and to some degree by Soviet prisoners of war or by Volksdeutsche, mainly from Ukraine. Polish people were sometimes in the Sonderkommando, whose members were eventually killed like all the other prisoners and a new Sonderkommando would be appointed by the commanders of the camps.

And the thing is, term "Polish" refers to both territory and nationality. And if a person is uneducated, how can they know the difference? The answer is, they can't and they can then transfer German atrocities of these camps onto Poland, which is false, and hurtful to a country that lost the most of its people in terms of percentages.

Language tip: adding "in Poland" at the end of "Nazi death camps" also tells the location, but without causing any confusion about who ran them.

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Never heard it referred to as a Polish concentration camp. Sounds like something you made up.
    And yet there's an article even on English Wikipedia about that term, let alone Polish one. The more you know.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Grammar, mostly. In german, that term just means that they were in poland, not that the polish had anything to do with it.
    There are also certain elements in Germany that are not happy with the terms of German-Polish Border Treaty or Treaty of Good Neighbourship and Friendly Cooperation that simply spread misinformation to sling shit at Poland.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2014-03-19 at 01:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, a thread arguing about who is/isn't a "Nazi" and starting out with a nation-bashing troll post claiming all Germans are Nazis forever, this isn't how we do things. Locking this.