Page 1 of 27
... LastLast

Are there any openly gay NPCs in WoW?

So a Story Arc just finished in Guild Wars 2 featuring an openly lesbian couple. There are at least two lesbian couples in the game. Are there any openly gay couples in WoW? If there arent why not?

anduin wryn is the only one i can think of. hes so deep in wrathion that it aint even funny

Deleted
    None i can think of. To me the voice acting for Budd always sounded a little like he might be but i'm not sure.

Male blood elves.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    So a Story Arc just finished in Guild Wars 2 featuring an openly lesbian couple. There are at least two lesbian couples in the game. Are there any openly gay couples in WoW? If there arent why not?
    Why? Because of controversia really. The amount of people who'd get their willies in a twist over a gay NPC compared to the amount who wouldn't mind isn't a fair match.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

anduin should definitely hook up with wrathion.

but no there are no openly gay people in wow, theres not really alot of romance in wow to begin with though and it doesnt really come up much.

i think you could probably count the number of couples in general on one hand
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Male blood elves.
    How original.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by sagajin View Post
    anduin wryn is the only one i can think of. hes so deep in wrathion that it aint even funny
    Lol good one.

But no OP, does there need to be or something? I have no problem with it, I just don't wanna hear bitching because there isn't any gay/lesbian characters in WoW.

Anyone remember that really camp dragon they had voiced in Cata beta? But people complained and they got a new voice for it

10+ Year Old Account
    None that I'm aware of and it's a good thing. We don't need to bring sexuality into WoW.

Who cares?, does it matter? i don't think it does, nor do i think its relevant to the game or story line in any way.

This shit again. There is none and there will not be.

And please Anduin and Wrathion was in the same room only because Anduin was weary of Wrathion doing something stupid.
    Fucking basement dwellers shipping everything.

Do we really need to bring sexual orientation into WoW? I believe Blizzard has always meant to keep the game kid friendly and quite honestly, there are more interesting things.. stories to tell, epics to loot, etc without having to explicitly bring that subject matter to the game.

What ever happened with doing that sort of thing in a subtle manner and just letting players draw their own conclusions?

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Why? Because of controversia really. The amount of people who'd get their willies in a twist over a gay NPC compared to the amount who wouldn't mind isn't a fair match.
    i dont think it has much to do with controversy and more to do with the fact that romance is pretty much a non factor in wow, that and the lore team are mostly a bunch of straight white males so they write about a bunch of straight white males which theyve acknowledged as a problem which is why they are going to try and have more female characters in warlords.

i could see them having a gay character at some point as well, but i dont see it being a dominate factor in the character whether its gay or not since again romance doesnt come up much.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

This is a slippery slope. First lesbian couples and then what next? Gnomes hooking up with Taurens? Nagas and Ogres on holiday in Booty Bay walking hand in hand on a moonlit beach?

Jenny Awesome i mean Johnny Awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by gridalien View Post
    None i can think of. To me the voice acting for Budd always sounded a little like he might be but i'm not sure.
    I think Budd is just completely batsh*t crazy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    None that I'm aware of and it's a good thing. We don't need to bring sexuality into WoW.
    So you're against all relationships in the game then? Why are heterosexual relationships ok?

Why does it matter?

Unless you're trying to drive in an agenda of some sort..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    So you're against all relationships in the game then? Why are heterosexual relationships ok?
    Perfect example of above.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988