Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Doing Heroics gives more Honor per time invested than Random BGs

Hello, guys

I decided to gear up some alts before everyone gets the prideful weapon and 2s inflate even more, and I found out doing heroics gives significantly more honor than bgs.

Heroic:
    3-4 min wait (at least on my server), about 10 min run, 480jp = 240hp

Bg:
    1 min wait, 10-15 min run, between 100 and 300 hp depending on whether you win or lose.

And doing heroics is definitely more pleasant (although a bit boring) than coping with the armies of boosted chars and bots that plague bgs atm.

10+ Year Old Account
    The fastest way to get honor is to find good people, make a 5 man group and farm bg's over and over again. Don't waste your time with the rares, don't waste time with tol barad/wintergrasp and ignore the thunder isle dailies. Get pvp gear by actually pvping. If you have long queue times because you're horde, farm professions on your down time to make some form of income. Don't just sit in Orgrimmar and do nothing.

Personally, I hate it when people get honor through JP, you're basically going to be farming the most trivial pve content over and over again for probably longer than 20+ hours. And from my experience, when I pve for too long without any form of pvp, I feel like I get slower reaction time wise. It feels almost like a hurtle to get back into even casual pvp for a day but then I get used to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    The fastest way to get honor is to find good people, make a 5 man group and farm bg's over and over again. Don't waste your time with the rares, don't waste time with tol barad/wintergrasp and ignore the thunder isle dailies. Get pvp gear by actually pvping. If you have long queue times because you're horde, farm professions on your down time to make some form of income. Don't just sit in Orgrimmar and do nothing.

Personally, I hate it when people get honor through JP, you're basically going to be farming the most trivial pve content over and over again for probably longer than 20+ hours. And from my experience, when I pve for too long without any form of pvp, I feel like I get slower reaction time wise. It feels almost like a hurtle to get back into even casual pvp for a day but then I get used to it.
    15 minute ques on Horde side. 20 minute bgs. 100-300 Honor
    5-7 Minute que time for dungeon as dps. 5-10 minute run 250~ Honor
    Quote Originally Posted by Egzis View Post
    I swear, if vanilla was released right now with updated graphics, it would be the laughing stock of the decade.
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    This whole thread explains in a pretty nice manner how can Beliebers exist.

Quote Originally Posted by tauntor View Post
    15 minute ques on Horde side. 20 minute bgs. 100-300 Honor
    5-7 Minute que time for dungeon as dps. 5-10 minute run 250~ Honor
    If you do Heroics you dont learn anything.

If you do bgs you learn alot.

Quote Originally Posted by Gregz21 View Post
    Hello, guys

I decided to gear up some alts before everyone gets the prideful weapon and 2s inflate even more, and I found out doing heroics gives significantly more honor than bgs.

Heroic:
    3-4 min wait (at least on my server), about 10 min run, 480jp = 240hp

Bg:
    1 min wait, 10-15 min run, between 100 and 300 hp depending on whether you win or lose.

And doing heroics is definitely more pleasant (although a bit boring) than coping with the armies of boosted chars and bots that plague bgs atm.

its 500 for 250 of the other

it is not worth doing heroic dungeons the converting - no no no no no no no

Just PvP in BGs and Tol Barad. The ~600 honor for winning plus the 300 for the quest is most def worth it.
    “What was God doing before the divine creation? Was he preparing
    hell for people who asked such questions?” - Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by Ethidia View Post

Only up to a point. Veterans that want to gear alts will learn almost nothing from randoms. I don't like the system, but they're better of chain running heroics with friends/guild and jumping straight into rateds/arena.

Random bgs are not always worth, this weekend was IotC weekend... not worth AT ALL for horde players. Better to queue for bgs horde usually win and lose the random bonus.

Also while in queue:
    - Isle of thunder dailes.
    - Grizzly hills dailies.
    - VoA 25 man.

I heard BH gives honor as well, haven't tested myself.

Deleted
    I grinded a full PvP set through heroics and I averaged at 3-4k jp per hour and that was with pugs. I went with a premade to bgs before that and it was slower.

Imo you learn absolutely nothing from bgs, it even makes you worse then you were before.

10+ Year Old Account
    Heroics are your only option if you are on horde. It would take you weeks just to get an honor set by grinding bgs.

The fastest way to get honor is to find good people, make a 5 man group and farm bg's over and over again.
    No, it isn't. Find 4 good players, 4 DPS (one needs a tanking spec) and 1 healer, queue for random heroics, and steamroll them. Instant queues, 5 minute runs, 250 honor each. You will never get anywhere close to that in BGs, it's 100% impossible.

You learn nothing in BGs when you're undergeared. You do no damage and no healing, so if you're a DPS you might as well sit in a corner AFK, if you're a healer you might as well sit in the graveyard. Hell, even if you're geared there's not much to learn, you can learn how to deal damage on a target dummy in ten minutes, and you can learn how to survive by reading your skills. Especially considering people in BGs don't work together, so it's not like you can rely on your teammates to help you. And players that are gearing an alt of a class they have don't need to learn, hell even people gearing alts they've never played before at 90 won't learn much from BGs.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    ....I suppose scenarios lie somewhere inbetween (some are crazily fast, others annoying long) and reward 50 VP a pop. Funnily the celestial Tournament can be at a very low VP reward rate - 125 VP to beat 3 and 4 celestials. The initial "finding a tactic" could take ages.

I find "Kill 20 elite creatures on TI currently crazily fast, plus it contributes to 50 epoch stones and an extra 200 VP
    VP != JP (and you can't convert VP down)

Deleted

when under geared all you learn is how to get raped.

Quote Originally Posted by Briga View Post
    when under geared all you learn is how to get raped.
    Learn to kite, CC, overall try to survive and be annoying as f**k, get comfortable with binds and your class.

BG's are horrible without pvp gear and if you get a good 5 man group for dungeons you have instant queues and finish under 5 minutes.
    This weekend I also had 15 BG losses in a row and you can't lose in dungeons.

Farming JP to get honor is the fastest way. I only switched to BG's after I got a Grievious weapon and four piece set and didn't have a premade group for dungeons.

Learn to kite, CC, overall try to survive and be annoying as f**k, get comfortable with binds and your class.
    Still going to be slower than doing heroic dungeons.

The point here is doing heroics give more honor points than doing PvP itself, not the fringe benefits of doing BGs, much less a lengthy pointless and unasked for lecture on them.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Right. Have you ever tried a BG in full Timeless Isle PvE gear and a blue weapon? Have fun "learning" when you get killed in 5 seconds while having no pressure at all on your enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    Right. Have you ever tried a BG in full Timeless Isle PvE gear and a blue weapon? Have fun "learning" when you get killed in 5 seconds while having no pressure at all on your enemy.
    I just farmed 2 chars to full honor gear, I know how horrible it is to grind honor.

But instead of loosing arena games because you have to look at your bars and think, "ohhh where did I bind that spell" or "could he AMS that:O" learn it while you farm honor, that way you will have a more positive first queue session on your new char.

good question
    heroics a joke right now
    i would say if there is no mass Random bg week (alterac, ..of conquest) , you have arena points capped,know your class and already killed the 3 honor mobs
    than heroics are better to farm!

Only if you're completely new to a class and/or pvp. If you're familiar with the class in a pvp setting you're not "learning" anything in randoms. But I do agree that even if you're completely under geared you can be effective in a random bg. Based on OP's post claiming he's gearing an alt, I'd say gearing up through the most efficient way possible is best. Then he can jump straight into whatever form of pvp he wants to.