Page 36 of 118 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Hi,
    either I'm missing the panel or maybe it's not in there, but is there an equivalent to Skadas "Damage Taken by Spell", which allows you to look how much damage the raid took spell by spell and if you click on the details, you can see which player exactly took how much damage from that spell? It's a tab I often use for raidleading, and even though we have WCL livelogs running, a quick look ingame would be much more helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamsda View Post
    Hi,
    either I'm missing the panel or maybe it's not in there, but is there an equivalent to Skadas "Damage Taken by Spell", which allows you to look how much damage the raid took spell by spell and if you click on the details, you can see which player exactly took how much damage from that spell? It's a tab I often use for raidleading, and even though we have WCL livelogs running, a quick look ingame would be much more helpful.
    [Sword Icon] -> Custom -> Damage Taken By Spell

Quote Originally Posted by Tercio View Post
    Yes, only when the shield expired its duration time.

Take in mind this isn't a bug on warcraftlogs, its a bug on combatlog and Details! has workarounds to detect the exceeding amount on current shield when it get a new one before get expired (refresh).
    Any idea why Skada and Details didn't agree on the Discipline Priest's OH while they did agree on the Paladin's (same fight)? Details showed way more OH and thus raw healing.

- - - Updated - - -

One thing about the UI that I'd like to see improved:

We did 20 tries on heroic Gruul. Skada and all web logs count them in the order of how we did them, with the first try being counted 1 and the last counted 20. Details counts them the other way around and even starts shifting the numbers when new mobs are logged afterwards. So with Details the first try is counted 20 and then even increases in number when *other* mobs are metered later.

I would also like to have the duration listed directly with the name and try number instead of having to mouse-over them. This makes finding the right try easier and faster.

Thanks and regards!

- - - Updated - - -

One question: I can tell Details to ignore Raid trash and Dungeon trash, but what about world trash? Currently it records every Disturbed Podling I encounter in my herb garden.

Deleted
    I think so, clamp to screen should fix this, adding on next release.

By now, there is no option for that.
    I can add one for the next release as this is a simple thing to implement.
    Thank you very much for that quick fix!

Another thing, which occured rarely to me was, as a frost mage with Mirror Images, my own DPS were counted wrong rarely, that only the DMG of my Mirror Images was counted and my own was dropped, resulting in a one-digit DPS result for me, which obviously was wrong

I started to use this addon from yesterday.
    I had serious problem to resize it and put it into the proper place. I used skada with dps meters on the right-bottom corner and healing meters above those. However as there are usually much less healers i only need 4-5 rows for healing meter. Details always made it same size when i dragged the healing meters near the damage meters which was really annoying.
    Now I found the way how to do it, but facing another problem: i had a macro "/skada toggle" and i added a line: "/details toggle". When it restores the window, it makes the healing window double size of its original. It also brings up some "Time attack" window, which i don't need.
    Also, there is a plugin which shows you who prepotted, etc. It would be nice to be able to move its window as now some information got covered by other things. (e.g. I have buttons on the right side of the screen)

Although I really love a lot of Detail's features, these things are annoying enough to consider to rolling back to skada

Quote Originally Posted by NPI View Post
    I had serious problem to resize it and put it into the proper place. I used skada with dps meters on the right-bottom corner and healing meters above those. However as there are usually much less healers i only need 4-5 rows for healing meter. Details always made it same size when i dragged the healing meters near the damage meters which was really annoying.
    Now I found the way how to do it, but facing another problem: i had a macro "/skada toggle" and i added a line: "/details toggle". When it restores the window, it makes the healing window double size of its original. It also brings up some "Time attack" window, which i don't need.
    Also, there is a plugin which shows you who prepotted, etc. It would be nice to be able to move its window as now some information got covered by other things. (e.g. I have buttons on the right side of the screen)

Although I really love a lot of Detail's features, these things are annoying enough to consider to rolling back to skada
    Hi. Please give this some time as Tercio is giving alphas very quickly, and he's really listening to suggestions, bugreports and makes fixes. It's totally worth the waiting. The /details toggle is a brand new function, obviously it sounds like a bug for you and will be fixed. Same with the Time attack window, however you can turn that plugin off if you'd like, as a temporary workaround.

I agree with the prepot window. I have two windows on top of each other, and some text is covered by the other window. A nice suggestion you got there with a movable window.

Edit: Got a lua-error, each time I open details options, it works when I reload ui, but it comes back again. It's when I pick another of my windows in the Editing Window, when the error shows up, and it doesn't change to that window's own settings. Then when I close the options, I need to reload ui to open the options again.

Code:
    9x Details\gumps\janela_options.lua:9986: attempt to index local 'skin_object' (a nil value)
    Details\gumps\janela_options.lua:9986: in function <Details\gumps\janela_options.lua:9883>
    (tail call): ?
    Details\core\windows.lua:2206: in function `OnClick'
    BigWigs\Libs\LibDBIcon-1.0\LibDBIcon-1.0-34.lua:116: in function <BigWigs\Libs\LibDBIcon-1.0\LibDBIcon-1.0.lua:116>

Locals:
    (*temporary) = "LeftButton"
    (*temporary) = false
    (*temporary) = <function> defined =[C]:-1
    Last edited by skmzarn; 2015-02-06 at 12:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Weissrolf View Post
    Any idea why Skada and Details didn't agree on the Discipline Priest's OH while they did agree on the Paladin's (same fight)? Details showed way more OH and thus raw healing.

- - - Updated - - -

One thing about the UI that I'd like to see improved:

We did 20 tries on heroic Gruul. Skada and all web logs count them in the order of how we did them, with the first try being counted 1 and the last counted 20. Details counts them the other way around and even starts shifting the numbers when new mobs are logged afterwards. So with Details the first try is counted 20 and then even increases in number when *other* mobs are metered later.

I would also like to have the duration listed directly with the name and try number instead of having to mouse-over them. This makes finding the right try easier and faster.

Thanks and regards!

- - - Updated - - -

One question: I can tell Details to ignore Raid trash and Dungeon trash, but what about world trash? Currently it records every Disturbed Podling I encounter in my herb garden.
    At the end of an encounter, Details! get all current active shields and count its remaining absorption as overhealing. This may be is the difference.
    I liked your suggestions, both are simple and may help a lot.

These options (to ignore) are for Overall Data, and it already ignore common open world fights if 'all segments' isn't enabled.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by geppo View Post
    Thank you very much for that quick fix!

Another thing, which occured rarely to me was, as a frost mage with Mirror Images, my own DPS were counted wrong rarely, that only the DMG of my Mirror Images was counted and my own was dropped, resulting in a one-digit DPS result for me, which obviously was wrong
    Weird, i play as frost mage too, may be is related with mirror images hitting the boss before us? which is a very rare situations, well i'll test it.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi, thanks for the feedback, i appreciate it.

About the resize issue, that is caused by grouping windows feature. To solve you may go at Options Panel and click on "Ungroup" button right on General Settings -> Display, then go to Miscellaneous bracket an turn on "Disable Grouping", so they won't snap to each other and auto-resize.

For the toggle bringing back undesired windows, just open the options panel and select the window which you doesn't want to be affected by toggle command in the bottom right corner, so go to Appearance -> Window Settings and enable "Ignore Mass Toggle".

This issue about doubling the size when toggling concerns me, could you take a screenshot showing the correct size and another showing what happens after the toggle? it might help a lot.

And about the pre pot window, we can set it to be above other windows, i think this may fix the problem.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by skmzarn View Post
    Hi. Please give this some time as Tercio is giving alphas very quickly, and he's really listening to suggestions, bugreports and makes fixes. It's totally worth the waiting. The /details toggle is a brand new function, obviously it sounds like a bug for you and will be fixed. Same with the Time attack window, however you can turn that plugin off if you'd like, as a temporary workaround.

I agree with the prepot window. I have two windows on top of each other, and some text is covered by the other window. A nice suggestion you got there with a movable window.

Edit: Got a lua-error, each time I open details options, it works when I reload ui, but it comes back again. It's when I pick another of my windows in the Editing Window, when the error shows up, and it doesn't change to that window's own settings. Then when I close the options, I need to reload ui to open the options again.

Code:
    9x Details\gumps\janela_options.lua:9986: attempt to index local 'skin_object' (a nil value)
    Details\gumps\janela_options.lua:9986: in function <Details\gumps\janela_options.lua:9883>
    (tail call): ?
    Details\core\windows.lua:2206: in function `OnClick'
    BigWigs\Libs\LibDBIcon-1.0\LibDBIcon-1.0-34.lua:116: in function <BigWigs\Libs\LibDBIcon-1.0\LibDBIcon-1.0.lua:116>

Locals:
    (*temporary) = "LeftButton"
    (*temporary) = false
    (*temporary) = <function> defined =[C]:-1
    Yup, move it or also just set it on a high strata, both may solve the problem.
    I've did a look on the error, is related only to a3.9.7 alpha, fixing on the next one.

At the end of an encounter, Details! get all current active shields and count its remaining absorption as overhealing. This may be is the difference.
    I will keep an eye on this one, because the Paladin numbers were the same even though the Paladin healed quite shield heavy, too. Only the priest numbers on OH (and thus raw healing) differed.

I liked your suggestions, both are simple and may help a lot. These options (to ignore) are for Overall Data, and it already ignore common open world fights if 'all segments' isn't enabled.
    "All segments" already was (is) off. Seems to be the default setting. I still got the world trash data recorded.

I also noticed that the "Animated Bar" option keeps turning back on once the settings window is closed. I didn't watch whether bars are actually animated, though.
    Last edited by Weissrolf; 2015-02-06 at 06:04 PM.

@Tercio: Suggestions worked, problems solved. Now the toggle function works well too.

I like to see how much my specific spell heals/did damge while infight.

When i klick on a name i get these awesome window wich showes me a list of my spells, the heal/dmg they did and the different targets.
    But it is a bit annoying to have these new bigger Window open to see that while infight.

Is there a way to get these information in the small window?
    Just the Spell Icon, name and the numbers - the Targets of these spells are not necessary.

Right Mouse and middle mouse click does the same, maybe the middle Ciick can get the funktion to show that in the window?

That would be basicly the same what Skada do allredy if you klick on the Name of the player.

Just a suggestion

I also have an idea, which you may consider to implement (most likely as a plugin) later, when the bugfixing period is over.
    I noticed the "ring of interrupt" functionality and i remembered that i always wanted an addon which helps the raid by notifying people that they are the next to do something.
    Imagine things like this:
    - you are the next to enter Koragh's zone in the middle
    - you are the next to enter the other world at norushen encounter
    etc

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mordog View Post

When i klick on a name i get these awesome window wich showes me a list of my spells, the heal/dmg they did and the different targets.
    But it is a bit annoying to have these new bigger Window open to see that while infight.

Just the Spell Icon, name and the numbers - the Targets of these spells are not necessary.

Right Mouse and middle mouse click does the same, maybe the middle Ciick can get the funktion to show that in the window?

That would be basicly the same what Skada do allredy if you klick on the Name of the player.

Just a suggestion
    That functionality is under Custom > My spells

Quote Originally Posted by Hamsda View Post
    That functionality is under Custom > My spells
    Thank you!

For my damage abilitys this works, but my healing spells wont get listed in there.

I try to have 4 Windows

[ A ][ B ]
    [ C ][ D ]

Window A show me the standard healing meeter of all in the group/raid
    Window B show me the standard dmg meeter of al in the group/Raid
    Window D show me my dmg abilitys ( custom > my spell setting )

Window A B and D work how i wish but i do not get manged that Window C show me my healing abilitys...

I grouped window B on A and window D on window C but it seem not possible to group the C/D group ond the A/B one from below.
    Neighter if i try to grpup B on A (that works of course) and C from below on the upper B.

I have very poor knowlage how Addons works and how to personalize them, i use just very few and simply one, so sorry if my question is dumb...

I just figured out that the searing totem is not listet in the " my Spell" section.
    I know that the searing bolts are not specific my casts , but it seems wrong if they dont get listet in the sheet but all other dmg abilitys do.
    Maybe the same issue would occure with the healing Stream totem if there is a "my healing spells" window?

I would appreciate if Searing totem/bolts an healing Stream totem would be listet in " my spells".
    Additional the Fire Elemental Totem and the Storm Elemental totem wount be listet as well.
    Last edited by Mordog; 2015-02-07 at 02:42 PM.

I tested this with a Paladin (trying Priest later) and unfortunately both Skada and Details seem to calculate overhealing for Paladin absorbs wrong. *Both* count remaining absorption for Paladins as OH. And *both* also count *increasing* absorption as OH, which in turn means the addons count *twice*.

Example:

- A Paladin cast 10k of Holy Light, this creates a 1.7k absorb shield.
    - Another 10k Holy Light increases the shield to 3.5k. Details and Skada both count 1.7k as overhealing. (Why?)
    - Another 10k Holy Light increases the shield to 5.2k. Details and Skada both count 3.5k as overhealing. (Why?)
    - The shield wears off unused, Details and Skada both count 5.2k overhealing.
    - As a result both addons count 1.7k + 3.5k + 5.2k = 10.4k as overhealing.

This is wrong on two fronts from my point of view. First, the addons already count the pure *increase* of Paladin shields as overhealing even though the old shields are not wasted at all. It may well be that these shields are used later on. Second, when the shields have not been used the same amount gets counted as overhealing *again*. So the same healing is counted as OH *twice*.

As a side note: Druid's "Living Seed" wearing off is not counted as overhealing at all.

And an unrelated bug report: Details stops counting when I reset it during a dummy fight, even when combat is still active and I am still healing. Only by hitting the dummy again does Details start counting again. Skada keeps counting as long as combat is active.

- - - Updated - - -

Turns out that Details does not count/log data when my offensive spells "miss" a target dummy, even though I am officially in combat then.

- - - Updated - - -

I just tested the Discipline priest and both Details and Skada do the same thing with "Divine Aegis" that they do with the Paladin's "Mastery: Illuminated Healing" absorption shield. Every time the shield is increased (by another crit for the priest) Details and Skada count the old shield value as overhealing. Every time the shield runs out the summed up shield values are counted as overhealing *again*. So same thing, the shield increase should not be counted as OH and even more so one cast should not be counted as OH *twice*.
    Last edited by Weissrolf; 2015-02-08 at 01:35 PM.

Just a suggestion
    Highlight your name on the meter and hold the Shift key. It shows all of your spells casted and how much damage they did.

Quote Originally Posted by Weissrolf View Post
    I tested this with a Paladin (trying Priest later) and unfortunately both Skada and Details seem to calculate overhealing for Paladin absorbs wrong. *Both* count remaining absorption for Paladins as OH. And *both* also count *increasing* absorption as OH, which in turn means the addons count *twice*.

Example:

- A Paladin cast 10k of Holy Light, this creates a 1.7k absorb shield.
    - Another 10k Holy Light increases the shield to 3.5k. Details and Skada both count 1.7k as overhealing. (Why?)
    - Another 10k Holy Light increases the shield to 5.2k. Details and Skada both count 3.5k as overhealing. (Why?)
    - The shield wears off unused, Details and Skada both count 5.2k overhealing.
    - As a result both addons count 1.7k + 3.5k + 5.2k = 10.4k as overhealing.

This is wrong on two fronts from my point of view. First, the addons already count the pure *increase* of Paladin shields as overhealing even though the old shields are not wasted at all. It may well be that these shields are used later on. Second, when the shields have not been used the same amount gets counted as overhealing *again*. So the same healing is counted as OH *twice*.

As a side note: Druid's "Living Seed" wearing off is not counted as overhealing at all.

And an unrelated bug report: Details stops counting when I reset it during a dummy fight, even when combat is still active and I am still healing. Only by hitting the dummy again does Details start counting again. Skada keeps counting as long as combat is active.

- - - Updated - - -

Turns out that Details does not count/log data when my offensive spells "miss" a target dummy, even though I am officially in combat then.

- - - Updated - - -

I just tested the Discipline priest and both Details and Skada do the same thing with "Divine Aegis" that they do with the Paladin's "Mastery: Illuminated Healing" absorption shield. Every time the shield is increased (by another crit for the priest) Details and Skada count the old shield value as overhealing. Every time the shield runs out the summed up shield values are counted as overhealing *again*. So same thing, the shield increase should not be counted as OH and even more so one cast should not be counted as OH *twice*.
    Awesome man, thanks for doing tests and find these accuracy problems, I'll add fixes asap (and also for the combat start issues).

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you!

For my damage abilitys this works, but my healing spells wont get listed in there.

I try to have 4 Windows

[ A ][ B ]
    [ C ][ D ]

Window A show me the standard healing meeter of all in the group/raid
    Window B show me the standard dmg meeter of al in the group/Raid
    Window D show me my dmg abilitys ( custom > my spell setting )

Window A B and D work how i wish but i do not get manged that Window C show me my healing abilitys...

I grouped window B on A and window D on window C but it seem not possible to group the C/D group ond the A/B one from below.
    Neighter if i try to grpup B on A (that works of course) and C from below on the upper B.

I have very poor knowlage how Addons works and how to personalize them, i use just very few and simply one, so sorry if my question is dumb...

I just figured out that the searing totem is not listet in the " my Spell" section.
    I know that the searing bolts are not specific my casts , but it seems wrong if they dont get listet in the sheet but all other dmg abilitys do.
    Maybe the same issue would occure with the healing Stream totem if there is a "my healing spells" window?

I would appreciate if Searing totem/bolts an healing Stream totem would be listet in " my spells".
    Additional the Fire Elemental Totem and the Storm Elemental totem wount be listet as well.
    Grouping windows only works on one direction (vertical or horizontal), the addon shouldn't be allowing group window D under window B if window B has a horizontal group with window A, if it is allowing is a bug.

Show pets on custom -> My Spells, got it.

- - - Updated - - -

I also have an idea, which you may consider to implement (most likely as a plugin) later, when the bugfixing period is over.
    I noticed the "ring of interrupt" functionality and i remembered that i always wanted an addon which helps the raid by notifying people that they are the next to do something.
    Imagine things like this:
    - you are the next to enter Koragh's zone in the middle
    - you are the next to enter the other world at norushen encounter
    etc
    This functionality is more for Boss Encounters mods which recognizes and know what the boss is doing, but who knows in the future perhaps.

This functionality is more for Boss Encounters mods which recognizes and know what the boss is doing, but who knows in the future perhaps.[/QUOTE]
    Angry Assignments does this, you just have to set it up before hand. Not sure if it can whisper somebody right before the event though. That would be an interesting addon to DBM/bigwigs though.

Hi, I have some feature requests (or if they are already available, directions on how to access them)

1. Is it possible to track how many times a buff procs during a fight? For instance, Freezing Fog for frost DKS or Divine Crusader for Ret Paladin. This is to help see if the spell usage for the proc spell is correct (ie: No Howling Blasts used without Freezing Fog).

2. In the Buff / Debuff Tracker, is it possible to mouse over the tooltips to get the spell details? (similar to how it works in the Damage Done breakdown)

3. When playing arena (maybe all pvp, but definitely arena), when a friendly player dies, in the death log it doesn't show the damage events, only healing

4. Is it possible to show the death log of enemy players in arena / pvp as well?

Thanks for the great work on this addon btw.

Quote Originally Posted by lyphe View Post
    Thanks Vuhdo!

I played around until skada gave me a message showing me the string to use. You can sub in whatever criteria you want within the following framework:

/skada report [raid-party-instance-guild-officer-say-] [curent-total] [mode] [max_lines}

So for my report, to report dps meters at the press of a button into officer chat, I write it as follows:

/skada report raid current damage max_lines

Cheers!
    This quote is taken from another topic but I would like to know if we can do something like this with Details!
    Basically a way to report something using a macro/bind.

Quote Originally Posted by djriff View Post
    This functionality is more for Boss Encounters mods which recognizes and know what the boss is doing, but who knows in the future perhaps.
    Angry Assignments does this, you just have to set it up before hand. Not sure if it can whisper somebody right before the event though. That would be an interesting addon to DBM/bigwigs though.[/QUOTE]

I agree that such a feature isn't in the scope of what Details is trying to do.
    Details is more an information/analysis tool after or during the fact, rather than trying to provide encounter aids.
    A boss mod, or a separate addon are better fits.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.