Page 32 of 118 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I've sent a Beta for v3.8.1 version which includes almost all requests and bug reports on the last 3 pages /cheers!

This version also includes a new version of Vanguard plugin and Specialization Icons:

config curse client to get access to alpha/beta versions of addons

I love the idea of the specs icons, but it isnt working for me. Its showing a green square instead of the icon...

Quote Originally Posted by DakonBlackblade View Post
    I love the idea of the specs icons, but it isnt working for me. Its showing a green square instead of the icon...
    Hey, thanks for the quick bug report, green icons means the texture file couldn't be found. Can you check if just re-selecting the file fix the problem?
    Its under Options Panel -> Rows: Settings -> Icon File -> "Specialization".

I noticed something on our Mythic tectus kill tonight. Dark Bargain from Warlock was counted on healing done, when the lock died, as 96000 HPS, and several millions of healing done. I guess Dark Bargain should be ignored or something. I don't know how this works but could you make things like these to only count into healing done if the person actually survived and if one dies, it only counts the maxhp that was absorbed into healing done and (overkill (but it does not count into the meters as healing done))

I am not sure if I was clear enough, but we'll see.

looks nice ill have to try it

I have a few question.

Between Details! and Skada, which one use :

- More CPU ?
    - More RAM ?
    - Is the most accurate ? (Skada oftenly bugs with DK Absord and Priest Absorb)

Thank you.

J'aurai voulu ouvrir ton coeur comme une rose, pour qu'après nos pleurs, un amour éclose.

Quote Originally Posted by skmzarn View Post
    I noticed something on our Mythic tectus kill tonight. Dark Bargain from Warlock was counted on healing done, when the lock died, as 96000 HPS, and several millions of healing done. I guess Dark Bargain should be ignored or something. I don't know how this works but could you make things like these to only count into healing done if the person actually survived and if one dies, it only counts the maxhp that was absorbed into healing done and (overkill (but it does not count into the meters as healing done))

I am not sure if I was clear enough, but we'll see.
    I got it, the talent absorbs all damage and the guy probably took the big spike which does like 6M of damage. I'll see if is possible limit it on warlock's maxhp.

Quote Originally Posted by Selvanya View Post
    I have a few question.

Between Details! and Skada, which one use :

- More CPU ?
    - More RAM ?
    - Is the most accurate ? (Skada oftenly bugs with DK Absord and Priest Absorb)

Thank you.
    Hi! so, Details! is low on cpu usage, this is something we care a lot. About the accuracy, we always try to match our results with warcraftlogs.

Memory ram you should not care about it, IMO, these days is deprecated, it's like keep using Internet Explorer because Google Chrome uses 3 times more memory.

Does it have the in game dynamic graph that you can find in recount?

Quote Originally Posted by Supercell View Post
    Does it have the in game dynamic graph that you can find in recount?
    Not yet, sorry.

Deleted
    Hey Tercio,
    Spec icons are great but it doesn't update if someone respec during the raid and we don't reset data.

Quote Originally Posted by Paloqt View Post
    Hey Tercio,
    Spec icons are great but it doesn't update if someone respec during the raid and we don't reset data.
    Got it, thanks!

The setting "Player Bar: Always Show Me" causes the player to show up under "Enemies" when it shouldn't. It actually overwrites the last enemy on the list making that Enemy inaccessible (usually Spore Shooters on Mythic Brackenspore, which is bad cause that's what I'm trying to look at!).

Have been watching this for a while... think I'm gonna give it a shot today. See how it does.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolaan View Post
    The setting "Player Bar: Always Show Me" causes the player to show up under "Enemies" when it shouldn't. It actually overwrites the last enemy on the list making that Enemy inaccessible (usually Spore Shooters on Mythic Brackenspore, which is bad cause that's what I'm trying to look at!).
    Thanks for reporting, i've just sent an alpha a3.8.4 with the fix for this and for the @Paloqt report on specialization icons issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Have been watching this for a while... think I'm gonna give it a shot today. See how it does.
    I appreciate, don't forget to tell us you experience using it, feedback are always welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Tercio View Post
    I appreciate, don't forget to tell us you experience using it, feedback are always welcome
    Np. The ElvUI adaptation doesn't work so well with S&L, it's better to just do it manually that way. But that's a topic for the ElvUI Addonskins authors, not you. You may want to contact them about it.

It was a bit tricky to get some things figured out, but the functionality is basically the same as in Skada. I like that. The data seems to be more or less what I expected it to be, Damage Meters never have 100% WCL accuracy (if WCL even is 100% accurate... who knows).

The config menus are a bit confusing at first. I did not like having to do custom tags just to get the columns the way I prefer them (without the percentage). I prefer Skada's way of letting me uncheck the percentage column. It's not a biggie, but if you have two windows open (I really liked the Enemy window!), it can get crowded in the dps window.

As for the plugins that I used... the deathlog was a pleasant surprise. I will deinstall it, as Deathnote is still vastly superior, but for a small plugin it's not too shabby and will probably serve most people well. The charts plugin is going to get tossed, it's fugly, it's impractical because it's hard to distinguish between the lines and I have too few options to choose the data I wish to display. At least they weren't obvious to me. I really would have liked to have a graphical display for various things, Recount is really good at that despite all the other flaws it has and Skada goes the minimalistic road. So charts were a big plus. But not like this. And lastly, I tried the timeline plugin, now that is a real plus. Well done, practical and easy to use with almost the same functionality as WCL. Of course not with the same amount of options and tweakage but for in between fights, it's sufficient, going to keep that.

TL;DR:

Plus: Easy to switch from Skada, despite different UI approach. Accuracy seems to be alright, speed is fine. Did not encounter any bugs that I noticed.
    Minus: Options can be confusing at first, is not included in ElvUI Addonskins, plugins need some work by the plugins authors, but when done can be a big plus.

Suggestion/Wishlist: Since I prefer analogue to digital when I'm just glancing at shit, I always prefer not to having to read stuff infight. Thus, I would really like an Option or a way to hide the damage/dps/percentage texts at least while in fight. Or even hide completely unless I mouseover. Often enough, especially in fight, I do not care if someone did 32.4k or 33.2k dps. I just need to know the gaps and the bars are quite enough to display that to get a rough picture if I'm underperforming or not. So basically, can you include an option for me to hide any text but the name tag in the bar, either just infight or completely unless I mouseover someone specifically, because I'm interested in him? Or both.

I'll get back when I notice something else worth mentioning.
    Last edited by Slant; 2015-01-22 at 12:35 PM.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

Np. The ElvUI adaptation doesn't work so well with S&L, it's better to just do it manually that way. But that's a topic for the ElvUI Addonskins authors, not you. You may want to contact them about it.

It was a bit tricky to get some things figured out, but the functionality is basically the same as in Skada. I like that. The data seems to be more or less what I expected it to be, Damage Meters never have 100% WCL accuracy (if WCL even is 100% accurate... who knows).

The config menus are a bit confusing at first. I did not like having to do custom tags just to get the columns the way I prefer them (without the percentage). I prefer Skada's way of letting me uncheck the percentage column. It's not a biggie, but if you have two windows open (I really liked the Enemy window!), it can get crowded in the dps window.

As for the plugins that I used... the deathlog was a pleasant surprise. I will deinstall it, as Deathnote is still vastly superior, but for a small plugin it's not too shabby and will probably serve most people well. The charts plugin is going to get tossed, it's fugly, it's impractical because it's hard to distinguish between the lines and I have too few options to choose the data I wish to display. At least they weren't obvious to me. I really would have liked to have a graphical display for various things, Recount is really good at that despite all the other flaws it has and Skada goes the minimalistic road. So charts were a big plus. But not like this. And lastly, I tried the timeline plugin, now that is a real plus. Well done, practical and easy to use with almost the same functionality as WCL. Of course not with the same amount of options and tweakage but for in between fights, it's sufficient, going to keep that.

TL;DR:

Plus: Easy to switch from Skada, despite different UI approach. Accuracy seems to be alright, speed is fine. Did not encounter any bugs that I noticed.
    Minus: Options can be confusing at first, is not included in ElvUI Addonskins, plugins need some work by the plugins authors, but when done can be a big plus.

Suggestion/Wishlist: Since I prefer analogue to digital when I'm just glancing at shit, I always prefer not to having to read stuff infight. Thus, I would really like an Option or a way to hide the damage/dps/percentage texts at least while in fight. Or even hide completely unless I mouseover. Often enough, especially in fight, I do not care if someone did 32.4k or 33.2k dps. I just need to know the gaps and the bars are quite enough to display that to get a rough picture if I'm underperforming or not. So basically, can you include an option for me to hide any text but the name tag in the bar, either just infight or completely unless I mouseover someone specifically, because I'm interested in him? Or both.

I'll get back when I notice something else worth mentioning.
    Thank you for the feedback.
    Actually the AddonSkins for Details! it's me who made it, you may report problems with it here or via PM if you want.
    I'm adding your suggestion on our 'todo' list, as it's a simple thing, shouldn't take longer.

Deleted
    Sometimes our blood dk is considered as unholy by the spec icon thing. The funny thing is that he doesn't even have an unholy spec

EDIT : Already fixed, thanks for the really quick update !
    Last edited by mmoc1d5417e578; 2015-01-22 at 11:20 PM.

Hi!

I have been using Details! for 1 or 2 weeks and so far.... I'm loving it!
    I really enjoy the bookmarks menus to swap between different metters!

Two issues I've been having using it tho:
    1 - Bar colors under the Enemies section:
    Screenshot - The colors are blending with the background, making it impossible to see the bars. Not sure if that's a default or something that I can change, but it would be nice if all the bars were red or another color by default.

2 - Spec swaps vs Specializations
    I really enjoyed the specialization feature! The issue here is if someone swap specs from the moment you first saw them (let's say they are tanking on trash and DPS on boss) the mod will keep the information from the first specialization the person was. One way to correct this is to add a list of signature moves and make a check once per segment when the class uses one of those moves to define their specialization.

Oh, also, the Specialization icons are not on when you select damage taken by a specific add, when you do that, it shows class icons again.

Thanks for the awesome addon and keep doing the awesome work you're doing!

Quote Originally Posted by Tercio View Post
    Thank you for the feedback.
    Actually the AddonSkins for Details! it's me who made it, you may report problems with it here or via PM if you want.
    I'm adding your suggestion on our 'todo' list, as it's a simple thing, shouldn't take longer.
    Oh, so it is included in Addonskins? Last time I checked, AddonSkins only suppported Skada and Recount...

Edit: And yes, it works like a charm. Awesome!

Edit 2: Forgot to mention this... I'm unholy but it lists me as blood. I did respec during the raid yesterday, but it never changed back to unholy. Not even today when I logged in fresh.
    Last edited by Slant; 2015-01-23 at 09:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paloqt View Post
    Sometimes our blood dk is considered as unholy by the spec icon thing. The funny thing is that he doesn't even have an unholy spec
    EDIT : Already fixed, thanks for the really quick update !

Oh, so it is included in Addonskins? Last time I checked, AddonSkins only suppported Skada and Recount...

Edit: And yes, it works like a charm. Awesome!

Edit 2: Forgot to mention this... I'm unholy but it lists me as blood. I did respec during the raid yesterday, but it never changed back to unholy. Not even today when I logged in fresh.
    Unholy <> Blood icons is fixed on latest alpha: a3.8.6
    get alpha versions with curse client.

Quote Originally Posted by Anshlun View Post
    Hi!

I have been using Details! for 1 or 2 weeks and so far.... I'm loving it!
    I really enjoy the bookmarks menus to swap between different metters!

Two issues I've been having using it tho:
    1 - Bar colors under the Enemies section:
    Screenshot - The colors are blending with the background, making it impossible to see the bars. Not sure if that's a default or something that I can change, but it would be nice if all the bars were red or another color by default.

2 - Spec swaps vs Specializations
    I really enjoyed the specialization feature! The issue here is if someone swap specs from the moment you first saw them (let's say they are tanking on trash and DPS on boss) the mod will keep the information from the first specialization the person was. One way to correct this is to add a list of signature moves and make a check once per segment when the class uses one of those moves to define their specialization.

Thanks for the awesome addon and keep doing the awesome work you're doing!
    1 - It's a bug indeed, all bars should be red.
    2 - There is a improvement done on alpha versions for this problem: a3.8.6
    get alpha versions with curse client.

Quote Originally Posted by Anshlun View Post
    Oh, also, the Specialization icons are not on when you select damage taken by a specific add, when you do that, it shows class icons again.
    Got it, thanks for reporting all these bugs.