Page 34 of 118 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Would it be possible to add some other minimap icon choices based on the theme you like?

Quote Originally Posted by varyak View Post
    Just click on one of the bars and then compare:

Hovering with the mouse over the single spells shows you more information.
    Ah thanks... so many new toys to play with.

Oh, I have another suggestion. If you make me choose an avatar to display over my stats, could you perhaps just take the character I have? Kinda like some unit frames pick your current character's setup (race, gender, armor) and display you in a pic of the unit frame. Would be much better than picking some generic character that really doesn't look like me at all.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Details got a new update: v3.8.13a. Ton of bugs has been fixed and new features got implemented.
    Full list of changes is here: WoW Interface Details! Blog.

I enjoy Details! more each day. Even though the settings menu could need some rework someday at some point, it's amazing how you can personalize it for own needs, but the clarity suffers a bit.
    The compare feature is great though! The best way to see how bad my gear is compared to the other people, when my heals are so much lower in average =)
    Keep up the great work!
    Hi!, from my perspective is hard to know what options isn't clear enough to players, so, you may just post here what have been your doubts while exploring the options panel, this helps me a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Akuh View Post
    Would it be possible to add some other minimap icon choices based on the theme you like?
    I'm not sure if is possible to change the icon after being registered on the LBD broker, at least I've never saw an addon doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Ah thanks... so many new toys to play with.

Oh, I have another suggestion. If you make me choose an avatar to display over my stats, could you perhaps just take the character I have? Kinda like some unit frames pick your current character's setup (race, gender, armor) and display you in a pic of the unit frame. Would be much better than picking some generic character that really doesn't look like me at all.
    What is possible is replace the class icon at Player Detail Window with its portrait image when the character doesn't have an avatar set.

great addon, i don't know who the culprit is but my elv addon skins won't properly embed the window. It may not be details fault. keep up the great work.

Quote Originally Posted by cetraben View Post
    Currently have a bug, after the kargath cutscene details disappears until a reload ui is completed. This may be linked to embedding it within ELV_UI, as others have reported not having the same issue and do not have it embedded.Feature suggestion: When copying a profile (to use on another char), also copy the position of the addon + copy more than just one window.
    Thanks for reporting the issue!

Quote Originally Posted by solarwhale View Post
    great addon, i don't know who the culprit is but my elv addon skins won't properly embed the window. It may not be details fault. keep up the great work.
    I'm working on improvements for the embed stuff, you may test the alpha versions and check if the problem already has been solved, the guys from AddonSkins applied yesterday the fixes I've sent. How to get alpha versions.

So far I'm loving this addon, the utility of it is amazing. I only have one small gripe when compared to recount/skada, which is that of all of the commands it has, it doesn't have a toggle. It has a hide, and a show, but I used to keybind toggle to a key on my numberpad and simply press that before/after fights to look.

It's a minor thing, getting around it by simply keybinding one thing as show and another as hide at the moment.

Overall, amazing addon.

Quote Originally Posted by Randaagulf View Post
    So far I'm loving this addon, the utility of it is amazing. I only have one small gripe when compared to recount/skada, which is that of all of the commands it has, it doesn't have a toggle. It has a hide, and a show, but I used to keybind toggle to a key on my numberpad and simply press that before/after fights to look.

It's a minor thing, getting around it by simply keybinding one thing as show and another as hide at the moment.

Overall, amazing addon.
    Got it, thank you!

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, actual question here:
    I currently use Skada, what does Details offer me that I can't get from using Skada + log diving?

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    I currently use Skada, what does Details offer me that I can't get from using Skada + log diving?
    If you would go through some pages in this incredibly useful thread, you'd have your answer already. Instead you just posted this without reading anything. Don't be lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    Hi Mehman, thanks for asking. I'd say if you don't run wow on Ultra with 60fps you should try it, Details! is very low on Cpu usage and won't mess with your framerate.
    What Details! has to offer is a long answer, depends more on how many time you want to spend configuring and exploring all the options, plugins it has.
    If you does try Details!, let us know your thoughts about it, we are always open to criticism and suggestions.

Hey Tercio,

found something mildly annoying when using "Align within right chat". It doesn't use the full height and when you unlock it and try to adjust the height the window goes up even though you are dragging down. It wastes so much space at the bottom.

Is it possible to fix it?

Hey Tercio,

found something mildly annoying when using "Align within right chat". It doesn't use the full height and when you unlock it and try to adjust the height the window goes up even though you are dragging down. It wastes so much space at the bottom.

Is it possible to fix it?
    I think the gap is caused because you have this bar disabled (in red):

Details! counts by default the size of it without checking if its is shown or not, we can fix this for the next version.
    BTW, how do i disable it? tried to search on ElvUI options, but i couldn't find.

Ahh yeah that would make sense.

You can disable it in DataTexts->Datatext Panel (Right) (or those other panels)

Ahh yeah that would make sense.
    You can disable it in DataTexts->Datatext Panel (Right) (or those other panels)
    Fixed on a3.9.2.

@Randaagulf, toggle slash and key binding got implemented on a3.9.2 too.

Quote Originally Posted by cetraben View Post
    Currently have a bug, after the kargath cutscene details disappears until a reload ui is completed. This may be linked to embedding it within ELV_UI, as others have reported not having the same issue and do not have it embedded.Feature suggestion: When copying a profile (to use on another char), also copy the position of the addon + copy more than just one window.
    I've tested and looks like is a bug on AddonSkins when Out of Combat (hide) feature is enabled. You may right click on the arrow at bottom right corner to toggle back the embed addon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Any idea if this can replace Skada inside RealUI -- It's not complicated like ElvUI integration (it simply uses a button as part of the UI to toggle on/off)
    Tired of ElvUI and its various clones?

Try one of these:

Altz UI
    // RealUI // KaitUI // ls: UI

Deleted
    Hi,

I found this thread by chance yesterday and wanted to give Details! a try. Tested it in a dungeon after the initial setup and was very pleased with it.
    Today for some reason it is not displaying any data... the segments are tracked, the extra bar tracks them, the time, and the raid dps, but no bars are displayed in any of the modes (damage, heal, etc).
    Not sure if I somehow screwed up the settings, but I don't get any bugs and the raid dps being displayed makes me think that the data is captured correctly but just not displayed. (can't post images, sorry)
    I think this is just one of the elvui skins (though I don't use elvui), but changing the styles doesn't show any of the bars either.

Edit: Still don't know what caused it, but just reversing the bar order and turning it back fixed it!
    Last edited by mmoc41d5885287; 2015-01-31 at 08:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Supakaiser View Post
    Any idea if this can replace Skada inside RealUI -- It's not complicated like ElvUI integration (it simply uses a button as part of the UI to toggle on/off)
    I've never used RealUI (i saw the pictures in the link, looks awesome) so i can't say if Details! is compatible.
    I may install it here to check out how it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamsda View Post
    Hi,

I found this thread by chance yesterday and wanted to give Details! a try. Tested it in a dungeon after the initial setup and was very pleased with it.
    Today for some reason it is not displaying any data... the segments are tracked, the extra bar tracks them, the time, and the raid dps, but no bars are displayed in any of the modes (damage, heal, etc).
    Not sure if I somehow screwed up the settings, but I don't get any bugs and the raid dps being displayed makes me think that the data is captured correctly but just not displayed. (can't post images, sorry)
    I think this is just one of the elvui skins (though I don't use elvui), but changing the styles doesn't show any of the bars either.

Edit: Still don't know what caused it, but just reversing the bar order and turning it back fixed it!
    Weird problem, could you tell the name of the features you enabled/disable to make it work? i want to take a look if the problem happens here too.

Between us, who tried out Damage the Game?

That thing is the shits! I have no clue why I have that window open, but for some reason, it makes killing mobs in Nagrand a lot funnier.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Great addon.

Getting the following error when I click the Avoidance tab in the Player Details window.

Code:
    Message: Interface\AddOns\Details\gumps\janela_info.lua:1270: attempt to index global 'playerdamage' (a nil value)
    Time: 01/31/15 21:20:34
    Count: 2
    Stack: Interface\AddOns\Details\gumps\janela_info.lua:1270: in function `fillfunction'
    Interface\AddOns\Details\gumps\janela_info.lua:2968: in function <Interface\AddOns\Details\gumps\janela_info.lua:2963>
    [C]: in function `Show'
    Interface\AddOns\Details\gumps\janela_info.lua:3003: in function <Interface\AddOns\Details\gumps\janela_info.lua:2992>

Locals: tab = DetailsInfoWindowTab1 {
     partiallyabsorbed = <unnamed> {
     }
     glow = DetailsInfoWindowTab1Glow {
     }
     damagepersecond = <unnamed> {
     }
     middleHighlightTexture = DetailsInfoWindowTab1HighlightMiddle {
     }
     condition = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Details\gumps\janela_info.lua:1526
     fillfunction = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Details\gumps\janela_info.lua:1255
     healer3 = <table> {
     }
     healer1 = <table> {
     }
     dodge = <unnamed> {
     }
     healer5 = <table> {
     }
     dodgepersecond = <unnamed> {
     }
     parrypersecond = <unnamed> {
     }
     spell5 = <table> {
     }
     spell8 = <table> {
     }
     middleTexture = DetailsInfoWindowTab1Middle {
     }
     absorbstotal = <unnamed> {
     }
     rightSelectedTexture = DetailsInfoWindowTab1SelectedRight {
     }
     leftSelectedTexture = DetailsInfoWindowTab1SelectedLeft {
     }
     last_actor = <table> {
     }
     parry = <unnamed> {
     }
     spell1 = <table> {
     }
     absorbstotalpersecond = <unnamed> {
     }
     spell10 = <table> {
     }
     tabname = "Avoidance"
     noabsorbs = <unnamed> {
     }
     selfhealingpersecond = <unnamed> {
     }
     spell2 = <table> {
     }
     spell9 = <table> {
     }
     spell7 = <table> {
     }
     spell6 = <table> {
     }
     damagereceived = <unnamed> {
     }
     spell3 = <table> {
     }
     healer4 = <table> {
     }
     healer2 = <table> {
     }
     partiallyabsorbedpersecond = <unnamed> {
     }
     0 = <userdata>
     leftTexture = DetailsInfoWindowTab1Left {
     }
     tankname = <unnamed> {
     }
     leftHighlightTexture = DetailsInfoWindowTab1HighlightLeft {
     }
     spell4 = <table> {
     }
     middleSelectedTexture = DetailsInfoWindowTab1SelectedMiddle {
     }
     rightTexture = DetailsInfoWindowTab1Right {
     }
     fullsbsorbed = <unnamed> {
     }
     frame = <unnamed> {
     }
     selfhealing = <unnamed> {
     }
     rightHighlightTexture = DetailsInfoWindowTab1HighlightRight {
     }
    }
    player = <table> {
     flag_original = 1300
     healing_from = <table> {
     }
     pets = <table> {
     }
     iniciar_hps = true
     heal_enemy_amt = 0
     totalover = 298945.006688
     total_without_pet = 1222645.006688
     total = 1222645.006688
     targets_absorbs = <table> {
     }
     heal_enemy = <table> {
     }
     colocacao = 8
     on_hold = true
     isTank = true
     serial = "Player-3676-06F33BB3"
     totalabsorb = 568216.006688
     last_hps = 4226.4522292557
     targets = <table> {
     }
     totalover_without_pet = 0.006688
     healing_taken = 9193455.006688
     minha_barra = DetailsBarra_2_2 {
     }
     boss_fight_component = true
     timeMachine = 5
     nome = "Katsis"
     spells = <table> {
     }
     grupo = true
     displayName = "Katsis"
     targets_overheal = <table> {
     }
     classe = "WARRIOR"
     custom = 0
     tipo = 2
     last_event = 1422767806
     start_time = 1422767675
     delay = 1422767806
     spec = 73
    }
    combat = <table> {
     1 = <table> {
     }
     2 = <table> {
     }
     3 = <table> {
     }
     4 = <table> {
     }
     5 = <table> {
     }
     raid_roster = <table> {
     }
     overall_added = true
     last_events_tables = <table> {
     }
     enemy = "The Butcher"
     combat_counter = 397
     totals = <table> {
     }
     player_last_events = <table> {
     }
     frags_need_refresh = true
     data_inicio = "21:11:57"
     end_time = 102397.126
     combat_id = 3
     instance_type = "raid"
     is_boss = <table> {
     }
     previous_combat = <table> {
     }
     frags = <table> {
     }
     data_fim = "21:16:46"
     CombatSkillCache = <table> {
     }
     totals_grupo = <table> {
     }
     start_time = 102107.842
     contra = "The Butcher"
     TimeData = <table> {
     }
    }
    elapsed_time = 289.284
    last_combat = <table> {
     1 = <table> {
     }
     2 = <table> {
     }
     3 = <table> {
     }
     4 = <table> {
     }
     5 = <table> {
     }
     raid_roster = <table> {
     }
     overall_added = true
     last_events_tables = <table> {
     }
     enemy = "The Butcher"
     combat_counter = 396
     totals = <table> {
     }
     player_last_events = <t

I'm a long time Recount user, just gave your Details addon a test run and here are my thoughts.

Like the customisation, though I found changing font to be unresponsive at times (depending) and the mini stuff like raid dps and combat time just got munched in with the menu buttons (like changing segment, options, clear data etc) with no way to fix it. I also found that I could not edit the backgrounds for the actual details page, when I click my characters name to see the details of the fight and abilities it's a bit too much for me, the background is trying too hard to look nice and for me just gets in the way of being functional, this is where I really prefer Recount because it's very clear and easy to see with just basic functional visuals.

The extra functionality (such as comparing!) and general customisation is really great, but I'd like more options and customisation to get the appearance more pleasing on the eyes and the actual details to be clearer. I'm a sucker for stuff that is very clean and non-flashy, stuff that is neutral and passive looking without any distractions. Still though I'l continue to play with it on my alt I'm gonna stick with Recount on my main for now.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4