Is Diablo 3 for the PS3 worth the 60$ price tag?

Simply put, I already owned Diablo 3 for the PC and played it obsessively all the way until I lost access to my gaming PC. I currently do not know when I will get back an optimal PC for gaming, yet i desperately want to play Reaper of Souls coming in a few days.

With D3 also coming to the PS4, which does not support multi-platform online gaming or backwards compatibility...is it still worth it?
    "The Naxxramas Warrior. Eternal slayer of the Orcs."

10+ Year Old Account
    probably not as much now that 2.0 launched on PC. the console version is essentially what was added in 2.0 minus a few things. its a solid game but now that the PC version has caught up and passed it i wouldnt recommend it unless you no longer play the PC version.

one thing ill say about it though is its amazing for couch co-op if you are into that.

Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    Simply put, I already owned Diablo 3 for the PC and played it obsessively all the way until I lost access to my gaming PC. I currently do not know when I will get back an optimal PC for gaming, yet i desperately want to play Reaper of Souls coming in a few days.

With D3 also coming to the PS4, which does not support multi-platform online gaming or backwards compatibility...is it still worth it?
    I played 2.0 and loved it so much I wanted to buy to for the xbox. The leveling is still pre 2.0 so its slow, but the loot is good, the mob density is amazing and nephelam glory is actually noticeable and picking up unlike the PC version. I would recommend it if you can't play the PC version, and possibly go buy RoS for the PS4 when it releases.

The leveling system is on console is still 1-30 normal, 30-4x nightmare and 4x-60 in hell, but you have the option to turn the difficulty up

Easy: +0% Gold Find, +0% Magic Find, +0% Experience
    Normal: +20% Gold Find, +20% Magic Find, +40% Experience
    Hard: +40% Gold Find, +40% Magic Find, +80% Experience
    Master I: +60% Gold Find, +60% Magic Find, +120% Experience
    Master II: +70% Gold Find, +70% Magic Find, +140% Experience
    Master III: +80% Gold Find, +80% Magic Find, +160% Experience
    Master IV: +90% Gold Find, +90% Magic Find, +180% Experience
    Master V: +100% Gold Find, +100% Magic Find, +200% Experience

You can also have friends play on the same console but be warned the first few hours will be a pain in the ass until you start getting synced up. Every time someone wants to check loot, change a skill or do anything the whole game is paused which is why I started having devoted looting times with friends while playing it.

I hope this helped, despite still having the vanilla leveling system the game is fun and I would probably play that to hold me over until I would have access to a gaming PC again.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...cn=Revolutions

BATTLEMASTER (After 3.3.5 nerf) REVOLUTIONS REPORTING IN.
    Wielder of The Scepter of Shifting Sands, Hand of Ragnaros, and Shadowmourne. Bringer of 66 minute kings.

Deleted
    Depends on ten million different things.

Do you wipe your ass with $100 bills? Then sure, it's worth it.
    Do you live on the street, eating garbage? Then no, I'm sure it's not worth it.
    Do you love Diablo, and don't give a shit about it's price? Then sure, it's worth it.

You can't ask if $60 is "worth it" and expect there to be some universal answer. It's wholly subjective and entirely dependent on what kind of value you put on money. For example, me, I'm not rich by any metric, but I don't give a rat's ass about burning 100€ on something every now and then. On the other hand, there seem to be people who aren't poor by any metric, but to whom $5 is worth saving.

You're the one who decides whether it's worth it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post

No one can tell you if it is worth it. Money is entirely subjective and as such unfortunately, it's a personal question that no one can help you make a decision for.

Worth noting that if you do buy it for PS4 later on in the year, whilst it does not support backwards compatibility per se, you DO have the ability to port your characters from PS3 -> PS4 so you won't have to relevel or regear your PS3 chars if you did decide to buy it for PS3 now and then PS4 in the future.

Personally I would save the $60 and just get it for the computer.