Poll: Rexxar or Saurfang for warchief ?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Vol'Jin ftw.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    Meh. I was kind of hoping it was going to be Lor'themar Theron myself,
    Lor'themar is not fit. He was already in the middle of negotiations with the alliance about blood elfs joining it. Not someone I would like to have as a faction leader despite his obvious strengths.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashrael View Post
    This thread accelerated into huehue in matter of few posts.
    But Vol'jin is fine. He managed to bring the failed warchief down afterall.
    If not.
    Thrall must return.
    The thread started out as a huehue thread when the OP made it. The fact that he makes up everybodys mind (My opinion = everybodys/majoritys opinion) and an incredibly biased poll with only two options (with no reasoning or argumentation for WHY they are the only options, they just are, m'kay?) is the reason it turned into such a thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Killyox View Post
    There's nothing that makes saurfang more qualified. He is better warrior nut not strategist or leader.

Also another orc warchief after what garrosh did? Nah.
    Oh, you know, except for the fact that he's done far more for the Horde than Vol'jin. The fact that he was Doomhammer's second-in-command (Doomhammer, the most competent Warchief as of yet, trusted Saurfang enough to lead should he have died).

And Garrosh, who does not represent every Orc, especially those who have taken a stand against Garrosh, invalidates any Orcish bid for Warchief?

10+ Year Old Account
    I like Vol'jin, but for the sake of the poll I picked Rexxar.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thrall for the warchief! Seriously he is by far the most qualified. He didnt become warchief coz he'd rather just spend time with his family. When Vol'jin dies Thrall will be back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ipoststuff View Post
    When Vol'jin dies.
    Hopefully Garrosh performs one last act of kindness.

Rexxar is already chief of Stonemaul Clan and Highoverlord Saurfang is proud commander of horde so Vol'jin is suits best and this poll seems unnecessary i.m.o.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ypolt View Post
    Calling it: alternate universe Orgrim Doomhammer comes back to lead the horde.
    I've been thinking the same. Either Orgrim or Durotan will become the warchief of the horde once WoD is over.

Edit. Both would have Thrall's support for sure. After all, he named the horde capital after the first and the local region after the second (who also happens to be his daddy dearest).
    Last edited by Uzkin; 2014-03-22 at 11:03 AM.

Saurfang should have been way more involved in SoO. At the very least he should become the Orc leader.

Deleted
    Why no Basic Campfire option? Clearly the best choice, buffing our spirits since 2004!

Rexxar hasn't done anything in ages and purposely strays away from the Horde. Saurfang is an old fart, and has mostly kept himself quiet after the death of his son (there was SoO, but he didn't really do much there besides getting hurt.)

Vol'jin is fine, and is at least better than the other racial leaders at leading. Heck, Gallywix and Sylvanas would sooner see the Horde be converted into something completely else to benefit themselves.
    Last edited by wariofan1; 2014-03-22 at 11:13 AM.

Deleted
    I like Vol'jin as the warchief. Think its a nice breeze of change from all the orcs. Think its enough with letting Saurfang become racial leader of the orcs though. Rexxar, he is more friend with animals then horde from what I understand so it's hard to see him anything near a position as warchief.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    We haven't really seen any of Vol'jin's actions as Warchief, so how the hell can you judge him on being bad when he's done sod all? He helped to keep the rebellion and other races together that weren't a part of Garrosh's Horde. Now that the Horde has reformed and is repairing Orgrimmar, things will look better. I personally welcome a Troll as the leader, and considering the previous guy's actions, there's no place but up.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

Troll Master Race

Thrall. But between these two and the idiot troll, Saurfang.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    most of us don't like Vol'jin as warchief of the horde. so that only leaves us with two viable options. Rexxar and Saurfang. between the two, who would you like to see as the new warchief?
    Can you present proof of those "Most of us"?
    That's right.. That proof doesn't exist..

Plus there's a third option.. Called Reality....
    Reality is, Warchief is the one Blizzard deems fitting. Whoever writes the story does have the exclusive right to say what's going on.
    With that said, we do have a new Warchief coming with the next expansion live in the game.
    Right now, Vol'Jin isn't even at the throne. His accomplishments or failures as warchief are yet to be seen in the game....
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Rexxar and Saurfang are past their prime and, while heroes of the Horde, not right for the role of Warchief.

I probably would not have said Vol'jiin until I read Vol'jin:Shadows of the Horde. Mostly because even I have been playing and reading since Vanilla I did not know a lot about him. It wasn't a particularly exciting book, but I it did show the strength and cunning of Vol'jin.

In Short, Vol'jin will work until he dies, becomes corrupted, or abruptly leaves to heal Azeroth.....

10+ Year Old Account
    In the volcanic ashlands of northwestern Georgia (Also known as Atlanta).
    Vol'jin 100%. He's the only one that actually did anything. I dont get what people want. He led an entire rebellion, proved he is capable of leading the Horde, is a better middle ground between Thrall and Garrosh, and probably smarter than both (I'm sure they'll develop his character to be "cunning" like most trolls are).

But if not, then Saurfang...because he's WoW's Chuck Norris.
    Some people really like flavor. Occasionally subsisting on nutrient paste just doesn't feel the same as eating a steak. I get that flavor isn't for everyone, but I doubt removing all cosmetic indicators from the game would be appealing either. Nobody want to log in, queue to fight modestly sized blue checked box boss #7, initiate combat using an attack sequence of abilities 1-7 with a 13 beat repeat coda intermittently, and collect item level 630 slot 7 gear either.

OP, as you can see from this thread, many people like Vol'jin as Warchief, so making assumptions about what everyone thinks is not a good idea.

As for your choices, they aren't viable in the slightest.

Rexxar is still a relatively minor character that has had little involvement with the Horde as a whole for some time. He supports the Horde, but he is a loner, and would never even consider being Warchief.

As for Saurfang, he's an awesome character no doubt, but he's also very old. Not to mention he's more of a fighter than a politician.