Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    Twintania was already nerfed twice. Once shortly after BG killed it, then when they reduced the HP of the snakes... like last month? i wouldn't worry about it
    As I posted above, they reverted that nerf. It might be back for 2.2.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarinolde View Post
    stawff.
    Any program/person that calls out divebombs will be off due to latency. I've dodged 100% of divebombs by the green icon alone, but the sound is helpful, too. I'm too busy listening to thrash metal, though. >.>

THE REAL IMPORTANT ISSUE IS YOUR VIDEO LINK DOESN'T WORK! Q_Q

Edit: oh, it's fixed. Hooray!
    Sig/ava made by the amazing Elyssia! ♥

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarinolde View Post
    Sadly my FC has just about given up on trying to kill Twintania. We're all reasonably skilled players, we've even downed all the extreme mode primals, but her Divebomb phase has been one of the most unfair mechanics we've ever faced. We all know what to do but theres always at least one person whos timing is off, or gets a lag spike. Of the very few times we made it to the final bit with everyone alive, we just didn't seem to have the dps to kill the big snake in time. As my FC leader puts it, this is one of the worst fights in an mmo.

We made that issue at first too.

However, in our experience, the person hit by Dive Bomb all the time are usually the same person hit by Twister, once you sort out that particular player, you should be fine. Me and most other have never got hit by Dive Bomb, and most of the time Twister (got hit once >.<), so it is usually the 1-2 people you have to sort out, either make them shape up, call out for them, or, replace them.

Big Snake not dying due to dps will be due to players. Did you all dps the big snake as much as possible between Dive Bombs? Did you use LB straight away or did you try to fish for LB3 (unless you are only a tick away waiting generally not a good idea)? Lastly, if all done well, with no one dying, and you still didn't have the dps to kill the big snake, then you most likely have a dps issue, maybe someone in the team can get a parser and check everyone's dps?

If you have dps problem on the big snake you will have even more dps problem with Twin herself, as the fight is timed, especially P4, the longer it is the more likely you will go enrage due to you lose dps time on Twin for the add and run from Twister. So if you can't kill the snake, you have to sort out the dps issue somewhere.

Overall it isn't a hard fight, once you done it once it gets very easy, like most of the fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyese View Post
    THE REAL IMPORTANT ISSUE IS YOUR VIDEO LINK DOESN'T WORK! Q_Q

Edit: oh, it's fixed. Hooray!
    Apparently the original video has been hidden, and no one has reposted or remade it yet so I had to link the original, 40 second version instead of the 20 minute one. I am sad

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyese View Post
    As I posted above, they reverted that nerf. It might be back for 2.2.
    Really? I never noticed. Did it actually ever make it to a live build?

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    In case anyone hasn't seen it,

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    In case anyone hasn't seen it,

Most people have, and, most people can so far spot the obvious: the DRG got hit by Weight and die to Geo Crush and shamelessly got the pony at the end and ran off as soon as he got it.

Some also spotted: the BRD played 2 songs in the entire fight, played 1 song during Earthen Fury, then play the other one after boss dead.

Just spotted in the last viewing: Fright, not Warrior, he came as a Class not a Job (but you support that anyway Sodium).

I am sure every one must have done something stupid, gonna see if I can spot anymore, shame all the abilities are in Japanese, I am sure someone must be using wrong abilities or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    Really? I never noticed. Did it actually ever make it to a live build?
    Yes, it was accidentally rolled out in 2.16, and they reverted it in a subsequent hotfix, but I'm assuming they're coming back.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    Most people have, and, most people can so far spot the obvious: the DRG got hit by Weight and die to Geo Crush and shamelessly got the pony at the end and ran off as soon as he got it.

Some also spotted: the BRD played 2 songs in the entire fight, played 1 song during Earthen Fury, then play the other one after boss dead.

Just spotted in the last viewing: Fright, not Warrior, he came as a Class not a Job (but you support that anyway Sodium).

I am sure every one must have done something stupid, gonna see if I can spot anymore, shame all the abilities are in Japanese, I am sure someone must be using wrong abilities or something.
    The only song you need is Foe Requiem.

Fighter is the original class for Warrior, and since it was a throwback vid, is def a Warrior. Steel Cyclone proves this, as it's WAR, not MRD.

that 8 bit movie is brilliant XD

Ironically enough it shows pretty much the tactics of the fight in a good understandable way >_>
    Would be fun to see the other primal fights this way as well.

Honestly, I would throw all of my monies at them to play a game like that. All of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malackai View Post
    that 8 bit movie is brilliant XD

Ironically enough it shows pretty much the tactics of the fight in a good understandable way >_>
    Would be fun to see the other primal fights this way as well.
    Yeah I'd love to have video guides like this. They show fights in a really good understandable way.