Poll: What would you do with a no credit limit credit card?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    It's fraud right?

A life on the run from the long hard dick of the law isn't as romantic as it sounds.
    If you play the Dmitry Agarkov card and it works legally (still seems grey since it didn't go through court and it was in Russia not the UK where i'd be doing it) then fair play go bananas.

Bad scenario. As with all credit cards that kind of fraud is strictly monitored. The moment you go crazy buying crap the bank knows the last location of where the card was used, gets your face on camera sends cops to find you, then its off to the hotel with the striped sunlight for 20 years.

Now if it some eccentric billionaire having an Ebeneezer Scrooge episode giving you his card then I'd pay off my loans, kill my debt, and buy a house I can afford to pay taxes and utilities on. If I could I'd start a business like a talent agency or a recording studio combining web media, local talent with big name talent. Probably start up more than one businesses with trusted partners with experience so i could afford to pay back the money if things go awry. Business schooling would be a must in this case so I would know if some funny crap is going down in my companies. Then I'd make my own charity fundraisers and carefully supervise how the money is spent and where it goes to, my interest would be in finding better ways to treat cancer using my media company to get the word out. After that I would set up several scholarship funds for theatre, science and medicine as well as the foundation for maintaining those funds for local and community colleges. Have any excess wealth upon my death be returned into the same Black 1% card to be given to a worthy soul upon my death (wealth apart from self sustaining companies.)

How long I am in control of this unlimited cash supply is also in question but in short the only way to make the most of that situation is by creating a way to pay it back as well as forward.
    Last edited by Lastlivingsoul; 2014-03-21 at 03:45 PM.

I would buy everything and anything I want. When it came to monthly bill time, I would use it to withdraw cash to pay the minimum monthly amount. I would do this for the rest of my life, racking up an unimaginably large bill, but if the card truly has no limits, it wouldn't matter.
    Robtrina of Sylvanas.
    Robwong of Sylvanas.
    Roblína of Sylvanas.

Deleted
    With those funds I'm sure I could fake my own death and move somewhere I always wanted to live - IDK, maybe Japan?

Quote Originally Posted by roblina View Post
    I would buy everything and anything I want. When it came to monthly bill time, I would use it to withdraw cash to pay the minimum monthly amount. I would do this for the rest of my life, racking up an unimaginably large bill, but if the card truly has no limits, it wouldn't matter.
    I believe the super elite credit cards require monthly repayment in full. (or it might be annually in full, I'm not sure).
    Last edited by Gheld; 2014-03-21 at 03:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    The removal of a limit wouldn't change my spending habits. The limit on my current credit card could be raised quite high if I chose, but I don't typically go anywhere near the current maximum. I pay my bill in full each month.
    I am about on par with this usually. I currently have a bit of a balance on one of my cards (abnormal behavior) but nowhere near its limit and I plan to pay it off soon.

I have less than 10% credit utilization at present.
    Normal is the name for the mental disorder present in the majority of humanity.
    Xinjun

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe I'm a boring square, but I wouldn't do anything differently since, you know, you have to pay it back :P

If someone else was handling the bill, I'd buy a lot of things like a house, a McLaren F1, and a hippopotamus. Probably in that order.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Give me two of them, then I'll keep paying one off with the other one for the rest of eternity

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    I don't even have a credit card, getting one with unlimited credit would be useless to me.

I would do exactly as I do today... pay it off every month with my spending habits not changing in the slightest.

Thankfully I had two loving parents who taught me that "credit" is not my money, and that I should simply treat it as a 30 day loan.

My credit card I think has about 11k in credit or something... i honestly don't know as I honestly don't care. I look at my checking and savings account for my information, not my credit limit. Credit limit is not my money, so I ignore it.

Deleted
    cookies?!?!

Deleted
    Buy as much as I can in a country that wont extradite me and live like a king.

Deleted
    I don't understand credit cards, why would you spend money you don't have? Oo

I guess saving up for something is to much effort/takes to long

+ don't you essentially pay more at the end of the month because thats how credit companies make profit? I simply don't get it, whats wrong with paying for stuff with money that is already on your bankaccount? Why would you take out loans each month so you can pay extra at the end of the month?

Can someone plz explain me why someone in their right mind uses credit cards?
    Last edited by mmoc013aca8632; 2014-03-21 at 04:44 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post

Why do you think being in unbelievable debt is second most popular sport in USA, after being obese to the point of life endangerment?

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2014-03-21 at 06:01 PM.

Deleted
    buy a ton of bitcoins and disappear or just stay have ruined credit

Use it and disappear forever.

Because some people like to help credit card companies make money.

There's 3 primary reasons to legitimately have a credit card:

#1. To pay for things to collect reward points and then pay it down at the end of the month.

#2. To hold as a way to provide emergency liquidity in the event of a financial emergency.

#3. As a personal insta-loan banker that charges exorbitant interest in exchange for the convenience of fitting in your wallet and skipping the important questions.

Most people claim to be #1 or 2... However if either of those were consistently true it would not be profitable to issue credit cards in the first place.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Why do you think being in unbelievable debt is second most popular sport in USA, after being obese to the point of life endangerment?
    Yes, but creditcards are ridiculously popular, so there has to be something about them that makes the extra money on the bill worth it.

I.don't.get.it. is it because its really cool to have a wallet filled with plastic cards? Does it makes you look rich? Does it magicly turn into unlimited bacon whenever you desire?

Yes, but creditcards are ridiculously popular, so there has to be something about them that makes the extra money on the bill worth it.

I.don't.get.it. is it because its really cool to have a wallet filled with plastic cards? Does it makes you look rich? Does it magicly turn into unlimited bacon whenever you desire?
    One of the best ways to build up credit, which is useful for many financial things. Just use it to pay bills and use your income to pay the credit card off in full each month.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    Because some people like to help credit card companies make money.

There's 3 primary reasons to legitimately have a credit card:

#1. To pay for things to collect reward points and then pay it down at the end of the month.

#2. To hold as a way to provide emergency liquidity in the event of a financial emergency.

#3. As a personal insta-loan banker that charges exorbitant interest in exchange for the convenience of fitting in your wallet and skipping the important questions.

Most people claim to be #1 or 2... However if either of those were consistently true it would not be profitable to issue credit cards in the first place.
    Yes, but doesn't that make the financial emergency bigger? Plz tell me that I'm not the only one that doesn't understand the appeal
    What are those reward points? Something like a customer card (don't know proper english word) that gives you a discount? And how the fuck don't people realise that they are still paying more? (Because financing companies don't give money away ever)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Coombs View Post
    One of the best ways to build up credit, which is useful for many financial things. Just use it to pay bills and use your income to pay the credit card off in full each month.
    But isn't it cheaper to pay with banccontact (maestro) directly from your bankaccount? You can do everything that you can do with a credit card without it costing you extra money at the end of the month.

I still don't get the appeal, I think credit companies simply have found an easy way to make money out of money without it costing money. (By brainwashing people thinking they get free money)