Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Gotta be hunter...

the ranged melee with no kiting issues. Too many CC buttons, Awesome #DMG.

2 reliable defensives... synergise with all melee and healers.

Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    1. The only people having fun in randoms are the people who outgear everyone else.
    2. The amount of fun you have even with gear directly relates to the number of Hunters, Warriors and Frost DKs on the other team.
    3. If you're gearing up, you shouldn't be anywhere near randoms unless you really have iron-hardened patience. Or drunk.
    4. Did anyone suggest rolling a Hunter? You should roll a Hunter.
    1. That's highly subjective. I have a lot of fun even when i'm fresh and gearing my alts. They key is knowing your limitations and what you can do to contribute to the team.
    2. DK's aren't really a big threat unless you get ganged up on in which case it was a lost cause anyway. Hunters and Warriors are definitely overtuned, but it's not just BG's that are affected.
    3. Disagree. Above a certain gear level anyone can make a difference in a BG, it's just not recommended. Obviously the more gear you have the longer you can last to make that difference.
    4. Warrior and Hunter are probably his best bet if he wants an easy class to pick up that will do very well in randoms, no question there.

Dks are pretty low on the skillcap meter as they don't have any of the advanced mechanics that something like a rogue would have. Once you have the basics down the ceiling is pretty low on major performance improvements.

I would say hunter. Easy to pick up and do well in BGs with or even arena at low level without much experience.

Although, the skill cap is high. Very high. A good hunter will make you hate your life.

went with hunter

crafted the blue set, and is now out getting my but kicked. clicker with no macros (yet) =)

tnx for all respons!

Quote Originally Posted by roostah View Post
    went with hunter

crafted the blue set, and is now out getting my but kicked. clicker with no macros (yet) =)

tnx for all respons!
    Well if that is the case you are going to get your butt kicked on any class Im afraid.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    1. The only people having fun in randoms are the people who outgear everyone else.
    2. The amount of fun you have even with gear directly relates to the number of Hunters, Warriors and Frost DKs on the other team.
    3. If you're gearing up, you shouldn't be anywhere near randoms unless you really have iron-hardened patience. Or drunk.
    4. Did anyone suggest rolling a Hunter? You should roll a Hunter.
    You don't speak for others. Stop pretending your preferences are universal.

Quote Originally Posted by Skarssen View Post
    Well if that is the case you are going to get your butt kicked on any class Im afraid.

its my first day on the field, pls be gentle with me

its my first day on the field, pls be gentle with me
    When I first started WOW I had never played any online computer games before (any computer game period, only console), so I was a clicker too. It worked "fine" while questing, but when I got into raiding/PVP it was clear I was at a HUGE disadvantage. A clicker generally telegraphs their limitations via keyboard turning or inability to active off GCD abilities in conjunction with regular abilities, and you be mercilessly exploited. The FIRST thing you should do is starting binding your main abilities (stick with a handful at first) and learn them first. You may find it helpful to swap your forward and strafe keys to ESF, rather than the default WAD, as the former gives you additional convenient binds for your main abilities. If you don't already have one, get a Razer Naga or similar mouse with multiple side keys available for binds.Then add things like CDs. Then add utility spells. The best way to learn this is in hectic situations (PVP), but it will be frustrating at first. Just stick with it! Unfortunately you picked a class that probably requires more keybinds than any other (to be truly proficient), but don't get discouraged. Stick with it and things will get much, much better. The best way to get rid of that clicking habit is to treat it like a bandaid.....RIP IT RIGHT OFF!

Quote Originally Posted by Skarssen View Post
    When I first started WOW I had never played any online computer games before (any computer game period, only console), so I was a clicker too. It worked "fine" while questing, but when I got into raiding/PVP it was clear I was at a HUGE disadvantage. A clicker generally telegraphs their limitations via keyboard turning or inability to active off GCD abilities in conjunction with regular abilities, and you be mercilessly exploited. The FIRST thing you should do is starting binding your main abilities (stick with a handful at first) and learn them first. You may find it helpful to swap your forward and strafe keys to ESF, rather than the default WAD, as the former gives you additional convenient binds for your main abilities. If you don't already have one, get a Razer Naga or similar mouse with multiple side keys available for binds.Then add things like CDs. Then add utility spells. The best way to learn this is in hectic situations (PVP), but it will be frustrating at first. Just stick with it! Unfortunately you picked a class that probably requires more keybinds than any other (to be truly proficient), but don't get discouraged. Stick with it and things will get much, much better. The best way to get rid of that clicking habit is to treat it like a bandaid.....RIP IT RIGHT OFF!
    tnx for the tip, i'll get to that, i hope. now its about getting used to the playing. totally confused atm

10+ Year Old Account
    tnx for the tip, i'll get to that, i hope. now its about getting used to the playing. totally confused atm
    It's not hard. It's all about getting your brain wired to it with repetition. It's similar to people who start guitar only down strumming and can't play normally if they alternate strum. But after hours of practice, you get used to it to the point where it feels better than what you were doing before.

Save yourself. Keybind and Mouse turn and as soon as a part of your brain tells you that "oh fuck this its okay to click" tell that part of it to shut the fuck up and continue to learn to bind.

Check out some of the PvP guides for Hunters that are floating around and keybind your stuff. Don't worry about it, it will take you anywhere from few hours to few days to get used to your keybinds but eventually it will become muscle memory. All the best!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xerra View Post
    I would say rogue, for the most part with stealth as long as you are careful you get to time when you enter and leave a fight, I'm not a huge pvper myself but being able to not be seen while recup healing or scouting around you can provide info to your team and help cause a distraction if need be.
    I have to say that i personally have a really hard time PvPing as a rogue. Being so daring and and having to sneak up on the enemy team to get a sap etc. Having to be able to see when to strike and all.. It's obviously a great advantage, but somehow i just fail at it.

OT: I'd recommend a BM hunter, or a resto druid for healing

Quote Originally Posted by Tumble View Post
    If you find enhance squishy, you are doing it wrong.

Ot.. Warrior, frost dk, or elemental shaman if you are talking about random bgs.
    being the constant trained target makes you squishy. Especially having a natural weakness to stuns and no form of immunity/near immunity at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    You could have mentioned that you are clicker in first post, none would suggest melee then.

Hunter = best clickers choice (but all ranged are handicap friendly)
    Frost DK = braindead easy, but you cant click as melee