Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    My thoughts on vegans and veganism are that I don't care. I have no opinion on it as it's not a belief/dietary system I participate in and I can't be bothered to care what other people eat. To each his own and whatnot.

I will say, though, inviting a vegan to a barbeque was one of the dumbest ordeals I've ever subjected myself to.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    Please explain how our intestines are exactly like every other herbivore on the planet.
    Stop paying lip service.

We're not obligate carnivores, we're omnivores, we can eat both meat and greens and utilize both in a balanced diet as best.

Our intestines are much, much less equipped to deal with the normal herbivore diet; Namely cellulose, we lack the necessary organs to digest it.

I can understand the ethical argument against partaking in meat, but we're evolved to partake in it; We're animals.

i think most of them are annoying hippies sucking up useful air to spout bs.

not all, just most of them.

Eating meat is condoning hatred. Humans are naturally herbivores.
    wtf are you on?

I'll go blah blah blah b12.

Humans are obligate carnivores naturally. If you do it right, you can manage with a fortified diet.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    Why shouldn't we?
    Again, watch the video.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

Deleted
    Please explain how our intestines are exactly like every other herbivore on the planet.
    then search for somebody who is a completly vegan who doesnt use any kind of additions (like pills or powders). Then you will know why the quoted thing is kind of false.

Deleted
    Again, watch the video.
    Why? It's 1 hour long. I'm not much interested in someone trying to push some vegan-agenda on me. We've evolved to eat both meat and plants as can be seen from our teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    Stop paying lip service.

We're not obligate carnivores,
    We're obligate carnivores because we're missing b12.

We're no longer obligate carnivores because we can make b12 otherwise.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Humans are omnivores, we evolved as such with the tools to eat and process meat in addition to plant material.
    Our teeth, more specifically the incisors are a perfect demonstration of that.

What they want to eat, or not eat is their choice.
    When someone dictates to me what I should or should not eat is when I object.
    You don't convince anyone of your arguments by forcing them upon others, and if you can't provide a good argument that can convince anyone but a minority then perhaps it is time to re-evaluate that argument yourself.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2014-03-23 at 08:42 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think that Vegans are self righteous hipsters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    Why? It's 1 hour long. I'm not much interested in someone trying to push some vegan-agenda on me. We've evolved to eat both meat and plants as can be seen from our teeth.
    You shouldn't have bothered posting then. I'm not pushing the vegan agenda on you. I'm asking why you, among countless other people insist on cruelty and shrug it off like it doesn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    We're obligate carnivores because we're missing b12.

We're no longer obligate carnivores because we can make b12 otherwise.
    What?

We're naturally omnivores, we were evolved specifically to partake in both to utilize the best diet available; It's well documented and proven we're omnivores by nature, and not obligate carnivores.

You can state we're opportunistic carnivores, but that tangent relating to B12 needs more studies for me to take seriously.

Because as of right now, i'm looking at copious research indicating otherwise.

Look up the scientific definition of an obligate carnivore though, at no point were we one.

10+ Year Old Account
    They're not. They're relatively longer than a carnivore's and shorter than a herbivore. Probably because we're a mix of both.

Also, we can only digest a small percentage of plants. Grass and leaves are indigestible to us. Most herbivores have multi-chambered stomachs that we obviously don't have. Also, our teeth aren't designed for eating just plants.
    Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    I have, unfortunately, interacted with Randec on these forums before. I know what to expect from him.

10+ Year Old Account
    For me vegans belong in the category of "People who annoy you". Along with the LGBT-community, feminists, anti-smokers and hippies. Basically anything that forces their vision onto others. I'm fine with everything other people are doing as long as they don't bother me with it. Though unfortunately aforementioned groups feel the need to get in my face and cry all the time.

Much like this:

This is how silly you look.

You shouldn't have bothered posting then. I'm not pushing the vegan agenda on you. I'm asking why you, among countless other people insist on cruelty and shrug it off like it doesn't exist.
    Because our stomach doesn't fill itself. I also like meat.
    Last edited by Shuji V2; 2014-03-23 at 08:42 AM.

Deleted
    You want to live in some dreamlike utopia where "cruelty" doesn't happen. That's what it is, nothing more but a dream.

10+ Year Old Account
    I eat cows because they taste good.
    I eat chicken because it tastes good.
    I eat pigs because they taste good.
    I don't eat dogs and cats because they are god damn adorable.
    I don't eat humans because cannibalism scares the shit out of me.
    Simple. As. That.

Edit: Also, we don't call it cruelty when an animal eats another animal. We call it the circle of life and It has existed for thousands of years and nothing will ever stop it. So I will eat as many hamburgers as I damn well please.
    Last edited by Charmanderp; 2014-03-23 at 08:47 AM.

Deleted
    I think it's fine to be vegan, a lot of what is done to animals is horrible, but some people, especially PETA, are just too extreme in their thinking. Plus I found it funny when Penn and Teller did an episode on PETA and they talked about how one of the people from PETA used medicine that was only able to be developed because of animal testing. Interesting episode

because I want to eat what the fuck I want to eat. if we were evolved to eat plants wed be equipped as such, we are not. we eat a mix of meat, nuts, SMALL amount of vegetation, mostly fruit, not grass or leaves. eating meat got us here, so you can thank the Cromagnums eating deer in a cave to thank.
    Last edited by Sky High; 2014-03-23 at 08:45 AM.

Deleted
    I think we are being trolled. I got to give the OP my respect. So far he,she has riled allot of us up with his hippie mombo jumpo. I respect your Trollishness good sir or madam.

Infracted: Please do not call other users trolls
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2014-03-23 at 09:42 AM.

Oh shit, better go back in time and tell our ancestors that they were doing it wrong!

The only reason we can even adopt the mindset that "eating meat is condoning hatred" is because we have so many options nowadays. I'm sure if our ancient brethren were swimming in edible herbs, then they wouldn't have felt the need to eat meat.

But, I guess those cultures whose diet consisted mainly of meat were clearly below us on the morality totem pole. Did you ever stop to think that if it weren't for a meat diet, you might not even be here?

I find it so hypocritical of anyone who claims that eating meat condones hatred of animals when we live in a society where animals and their natural habitat are systematically fucked over just so we can build shopping malls and Starbucks' so people have jobs.

Do you have any idea how many millions of acres of land have been destroyed just so humans can build giant-ass, fancy 200,000 square foot houses? In the 10 years alone that I've lived at my current residence, the landscape is almost unrecognizable. No one gave a shit about the animals then, did they?